Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been interested from the get go about the time her friend left the bar. The account I believe just says their ride came to pick them up but SS didn't want to leave. I find it strange that the time has never been mentioned. This is info that could easily been released. Why not?

I believe this information was not released to protect a separate investigation. It was reported the girlfriend that SS went out with was on probation for a DUI, and a condition of her probation was that she not drink. During the course of this missing investigation, the girlfriend was jailed for violation of her probation.

Reportedly, SS and friend did not arrive the bar until around 11pm and if SS didn't want to leave until closing then her friend would have left after 11pm and before 2am. MOO

I believe this information was not released to protect a separate investigation. It was reported the girlfriend that SS went out with was on probation for a DUI, and a condition of her probation was that she not drink. During the course of this missing investigation, the girlfriend was jailed for violation of her probation.

Reportedly, SS and friend did not arrive the bar until around 11pm and if SS didn't want to leave until closing then her friend would have left after 11pm and before 2am. MOO
I don't see how what time the girlfriend left the bar would affect her charges. Knowing when their ride came to pick them up would shed light on what SS intentions were. As an example, if the ride came close to 2 am, that would dispel the theory she wanted a ride to her car. jmo

Https://www.thegleaner.com/story/ne...es-they-have-id-body-found-sunday/3133625002/

Sheriff's Detective John Nevels said "It's a middle-aged, white female with blonde hair." She was described as being 5'4" tall with a medium build and was wearing a blue, black, and white colored short-sleeve shirt with yoga pants and boots.

"I haven't totally confirmed (the ID) yet. I need to get with some family members and confirm it," said Nevels.

"This was somebody that was living in Henderson, with parents that are not here and they reached out and said they hadn't heard from her in a while and I'm pretty sure it's going to be her .... I would just hate to put it out there and be wrong."

"Now how and the circumstances of why she's there, I'll be honest with you, I don't know."

He said an autopsy was performed in Madisonville on Monday morning, but a cause of death hasn't been issued yet as more testing need to be completed.

"They're not going to rule it one way or another right now," Nevels said.

"It's still very suspicious and we are investigating it as a homicide, but I can't say that it is."
BBM
"middle aged" - she ended up being 23 - how very sad. Do we have a thread for her? I suspect foul play JMO

Is the girlfriend still in jail? Not that it matters really, just curious.

Is the girlfriend still in jail? Not that it matters really, just curious.
No idea. She was jailed when I read it at the beginning of this thread. She's never been identified so hard to look back.

Knowing she was on probation, that might explain why she wanted to leave early -- afraid to get caught?? I'm sure she regrets that they ever left home that Thursday night. MOO

No idea. She was jailed when I read it at the beginning of this thread. She's never been identified so hard to look back.

Knowing she was on probation, that might explain why she wanted to leave early -- afraid to get caught?? I'm sure she regrets that they ever left home that Thursday night. MOO

Seems odd that Savannah would take a chance on getting her friend in trouble no matter how much of a good time she was having.

Seems odd that Savannah would take a chance on getting her friend in trouble no matter how much of a good time she was having.
I disagree -- Savannah didn't make her friend drink and violate her probation! Maybe SS didn't know she was on probation. SS herself had a DUI and upcoming hearing that was unknown to some of her friends. MOO

I don’t think that’s what that means at all. Especially since the family has publicly stated, as recent as this past wkend, that LE is still conducting private searches and working her case.
I stand by what I said. Everyone is asking for help because there isn't a good lead. I hope I am wrong.

I disagree -- Savannah didn't make her friend drink and violate her probation! Maybe SS didn't know she was on probation. SS herself had a DUI and upcoming hearing that was unknown to some of her friends. MOO

That's true, she might not have known. I didn't think of that. Hmmm.

That's true, she might not have known. I didn't think of that. Hmmm.
Very true....plus any evidence they already have takes what seems like a gazillion years to get processed. 6 to 8 weeks at a minimum usually so until the police have confirmation of that evidence they probably don't have enough to make any moves.

My guess is that the police have a solid idea of ‘who’ is involved but want to try to find her before they make any moves.

In the KB (Woodland Park) case, which is proceeding with 1st degree murder, no body has been found. The suspect had motive, premeditation, known contact at the time of disappearance, months of digital fingerprints, video time stamps, and a loose-lipped rodeo queen.

In the SS case, there is no known motive, no prior contact with victim (as far as we know), any digital/video trail will only be for a day or two (IMO), and we are not aware of any valid tips provided by third parties.

Have to hope that SS is found and/or someone starts talking.

I stand by what I said. Everyone is asking for help because there isn't a good lead. I hope I am wrong.

I didn’t say anything about whether or not you should stand by what you said. However, I do think your statement is a little premature. Do you follow other cases around the state? It follows a close trajectory to other disappearances. It takes months for KSP to release new information in each of those cases, but that doesn’t mean they’re not actively investigating, searching or not talking to family members. Without a body, their hands are tied, even in cases that have an overwhelming amount of circumstantial evidence. I have very little doubt that LE doesn’t have an idea about what’s happened. If they didn’t- LE would make way more pleas to the public (like they’ve done in the Netherlands case, or Tommy ballard’s).

In the KB (Woodland Park) case, which is proceeding with 1st degree murder, no body has been found. The suspect had motive, premeditation, known contact at the time of disappearance, months of digital fingerprints, video time stamps, and a loose-lipped rodeo queen.

In the SS case, there is no known motive, no prior contact with victim (as far as we know), any digital/video trail will only be for a day or two (IMO), and we are not aware of any valid tips provided by third parties.

Have to hope that SS is found and/or someone starts talking.

The most frustrating part about KSP, specifically, is that they keep things really close to the vest. Information eventually starts being released and trickling out to the public, but it takes months. Richmond PD and KSP are more than capable, just bc the public isn’t aware of what’s being done behind the scenes, doesn’t mean they’re not doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77