KY KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jan 8, 2019.

1. MistyM

MistyM Well-Known Member

the friend interviewed for the daily mail stated she hadn't 'spoken to' savannah since new years, yet she seems to have great insight on how savannah felt that night. it was like she was texting her things the night she went missing? does that count as 'spoken to'?

Choochoobella, mtnlites and cherrymeg like this.
  2. cherrymeg

cherrymeg Well-Known Member

She could have been basing it off of conversations she had with her before. I'm a little distrustful of the DM. I think they get creative with quotes.

3. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

Ohio group heads home after Savannah Spurlock search

Feb 16, 2019

"GARRARD COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - The sun set on another search for Savannah Spurlock. A search group from Ohio is headed back home Saturday night after spending the day in Garrard County searching for the missing Richmond mother of four. There was no sign of her.

"But, at least we know where she's not," David Rader, with the Ohio chapter of Texas Equusearch, said...."

Ohio group heads home after Savannah Spurlock search
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. ly502

ly502 Well-Known Member

Perhaps I did not read closely enough (it's early and no coffee yet!), but is it possible that the misinterpretation was not about having twins but about when the birth occurred? Maybe it was much earlier than expected, and she just wasn't prepared/in denial? I remember something from possibly thread 2 or 3 where it said that the twins were at the hospital for a while after the birth, and we know that early births are common with multiples. She might have been surprised and overwhelmed if she expected to have another month or two to prepare?

5. ly502

ly502 Well-Known Member

But the Texas group remains, correct?

Choochoobella and girlhasnoname like this.
  6. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

Just so sad that SS hasn't been found. She needs to come home....those babies need their momma.

7. Heaven Leigh

Heaven Leigh Well-Known Member

My 1st WS post ! I've been reading here forever.

- My heart aches for those babies and for Savannahs family. I'm trying to think positive but its been too long, imo.
    A few questions if any one knows. When it's reported her phone was turned off at 8:30 a.m. Do they mean literally by hand turned off? or shut off / battery died?
    Also, LE would have checked the phone pings of the 3 men that left with Savannah , right?
    I just wonder if she even made it to the house.

8. ab01

ab01 Well-Known Member

There is no way of knowing if the phone was turned off or battery died without the actual phone. Moo

And welcome to websleuths!

9. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

Welcome! It was first noted IIRC by SS's mother when she didn't return home and she needed the car to go to work herself. I don't think it's been released as to how it went straight to vm, could have been by any of the reasons you outlined.

LE has released little information about the men SS was with that night. They have spoken to them, searched a home, and towed a vehicle belonging to one of them. That's all I know.

10. soap mama

soap mama Well-Known Member

I have a hard time believing she died in the bar and someone was able to dispose of/hide her body and not be found out by bar staff

11. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Member

I’m not aware of a separate team from Texas. The Midwest Ohio Chapter of Texas Equusearch is leaving. (Texas Equusearch is based in Dickinson Texas)

12. BaileyC

BaileyC Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing this, I found it very interesting. You said you searched in a specific area because of cell phone pings. Can you tell me if those pings were from Savannah's phone or the men's phone? Do you have a feeling as to which phone or phones it would have been from if they didn't tell you?

13. jULIA_bEE

jULIA_bEE Well-Known Member

Anything is possible! Idk what to believe from that article. I have a hard time believing that had no idea she was pregnant with multiples until the babies were born. Especially since women usually start showing earlier during subsequent pregnancies and with multiples.

14. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Member

Savannah is probably the only one that could tell us - perhaps her mom since she was living with her.

If Savannah didn’t know she was having twins, I can’t imagine how shocking the news would have been for the father.

I hope she is found soon.

15. medea13

medea13 Well-Known Member

so lets say that Savannah went out and had a good time, for the first time in awhile, considering she had just had the twins weeks ago. Maybe her friend was more 'well versed' at partying/drinking since she hadn't just stopped doing so for 9 months and was ready to leave. Savannah, on the other hand, was having fun for the first time in awhile (she is SO young after all) and didn't want the evening to end. Didn't want to go back to 'reality' to crying babies and toddlers and living with her mom. So she decided to stay out and hang with people she didn't know but who seemed nice and safe and assured her she would be ok and they would take her home. On the way 'home' her mom called. At first she puts it through to VM and continues the fun, i mean she IS going home and going to see her mom very soon after all....however, sometime during the journey she has second thoughts and facetimes her mom back. Maybe the facetime is really a cry for help - a way (in her mind) to document who she is with - because she has realized this is all a big mistake. They aren't taking her home....

I am surprised we haven't heard more about the investigation into the 3 people who were confirmed by LE to be the last 3 people to have seen her. Why haven't THEY asked where she is? I mean they are innocent right? If they aren't POI's then WHY NOT? Aren't they likely to have the best info on anything about what happened to her and/or her state of mind that night? Seems strange that no one has talked about this case to LE. I mean are these super sophisticated criminals? Just regular average joe's ? I don't think anyone believes she just walked away from their house in the middle of the night, right? especially since her phone was on until 8:30 am. ALL MOO

16. cherrymeg

Welcome! I was wondering that too.

17. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Welcome Heaven Leigh!
    I had asked the same question about the phone being turned off earlier. I think if LE stated the phone was turned off, then it was not because the battery had died.
    A poster said they would know the difference, but I don't know how.
    With some phones, like an iPhone, the phone will not ring at all but go straight to voicemail if the battery is dead.
    Some say that if the phone is turned off, it will ring and then go to voicemail, and there may be a message saying the person you called is out of reach. But I think that happens when there is no service also.
    So if LE stated it was was turned off, I'm assuming they know the difference. Imo

18. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I have never heard of a case where there were twins and the ultrasound failed to detect it. Unless a baby has four arms and legs, I don't see how it could be possible. Imo

19. bwt42

bwt42 Well-Known Member

20. cherrymeg

I have my doubts about this. She had two kids already she wasn't new to seeing an Obgyn or going through the check ups. I don't see a practical reason for her to miss appointments when you know you are going to deliver in a hospital. Could she have decided to go an alternative route with a dualla (sp?) or midwife and a home birth? Is it possible she had an ultrasound done so early that they couldn't tell that their were twins. Usually, once you've been pregnant you notice early the next time. And for some reason didn't get a second ultrasound. That sounds like a stretch I don't think the quote was right.

Choochoobella, mtnlites and jULIA_bEE like this.