Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is very off topic, but what app do you have if it doesn't violate our TOS? My phone rings all day long with spam calls.
Sorry for the delay in responding! It’s not perfect, but it weeds out an extremely high amount of spammers/scammers. It will also provide caller info on #s not stored in your contacts. It’s also FREE! I’m sure the paid version is much better & probably worth the money, but I just use the free one.

YouMail is the name. I use it on iOS, but I see it’s available for Android users also.

Kind of a follow-up to the poster who asked why this has not been changed to a deceased/not found case, I do wonder if LE have privately told Savannah's family that they believe that she most likely is deceased.

Typically, quite a bit of time passes before LE presumes a victim is dead. That’s just what I’ve found from following different cases over the years. SS’s case is still pretty early in the investigatory process. Even though I think she’s probably gone, it would probably be irresponsible of LE to presume she’s dead at this point.

I just read a post in another thread that a cell phone company can tell when a phone is turned off because there is a specific "ping" that occurs. So maybe they do know that it was turned off, as opposed to the battery dying. Imo
I honestly don’t know anything about it personally. I’m sure, if there’s a way of knowing this, the police know the answer. That could be the reason for the varying reports — the reporters possibly couldn’t get a straight answer, therefore the conflicting news reports were based on different interpretations. JMO.

Sadly in my opinion she is gone. I don’t understand why some cases go to deceased/not found and this one hasn’t?

I believe it is because they know something that they are not sharing with us. Something important. They have proof that she was in GC. I believe that her body may have even been moved after all the attention hit, around the 8th of Jan. I think those dogs hit on that pond for a reason.

<modsnipped quoted post>
<modsnipped response to quoted post>

SS was a very young, inexperienced in life yet, mother of 4! That freaks me out just typing it. I feel compassion for her, it is not my place to judge her. I just want her to be found either way. I could not imagine not knowing if my child were dead or alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the delay in responding! It’s not perfect, but it weeds out an extremely high amount of spammers/scammers. It will also provide caller info on #s not stored in your contacts. It’s also FREE! I’m sure the paid version is much better & probably worth the money, but I just use the free one.

YouMail is the name. I use it on iOS, but I see it’s available for Android users also.

O/T Love YouMail!!!

I hate to say this, but we are focusing wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much on her birthing twins. Making assumptions that we have no idea if they are true or not- they have not been reported through MSM. Only her friend mentioned she was shocked about the twins, and that could have several meanings or just maybe she really was shocked and overwhelmed.

We have no proof if she did drugs before, during or after her pregnancy, what her pre-natal care was like, etc.

Savannah is still missing- we need to focus on that right now, just my opinion.

Still, after all this time, my gut still tells me this was an overdose, accidental or not, that resulted in her being dumped somewhere to prevent others' involvement from being uncovered. Nothing to base this on but gut feeling, but that has been my gut feeling since very early on. JMO

I suspect the Spurlocks have very limited resources and that's OK, but there are a few cases on here that I know of where the family hired a PI because the police weren't going fast enough,,,,,,,,,
It would be great for this family to have a PI volunteer to do some work. It's happened in other criminal cases. I'm surprised there hasn't been any fund raising sites for her family.

This cannot be voiced enough! Addicts do not grow up wishing to become addicts one day. I've known Doctors, Professionals, even an Intake Assistant at a darn rehab facility if you can imagine. Addiction knows no race, sex, income level, nothing. It's an equal opportunity destroyer IMO, but never an excuse for criminal activity. Again, not saying drugs or alcohol were an addiction for SS. She is a victim!

SS was a very young, inexperienced in life yet, mother of 4! That freaks me out just typing it. I feel compassion for her, it is not my place to judge her. I just want her to be found either way. I could not imagine not knowing if my child were dead or alive.

Just using the drugs is considered a criminal activity or our jails wouldn't be full of addicts.

It would be great for this family to have a PI volunteer to do some work. It's happened in other criminal cases. I'm surprised there hasn't been any fund raising sites for her family.
Wow....these guys aren't cheap, they make a living at what they do, and they work independent of police including surveillance and bribery; but most of them think like criminals and with only the very cold cases do they come up empty handed.

This is in regard to being able to tell whether a phone is turned off or the battery is dead based on a ping. As far as I know, the signal is the same for both. Most carriers have a timer set and it can vary carrier to carrier. The phone will usually send out a signal to the nearest tower frequently, throughout the day. You can tell whether a call is made bc the signal doesn’t just go through towers.
If a phone sends out a ping at 815, and it pings every 15 minutes and there’s not another ping at 830, it’s safe to assume that the phone was dead or turned off in that 15 minute interval. I think most companies have the timers set at shorter intervals. I’m also pretty sure that powering off a phone or the battery dying doesn’t generate a ping to the tower.

This is in regard to being able to tell whether a phone is turned off or the battery is dead based on a ping. As far as I know, the signal is the same for both. Most carriers have a timer set and it can vary carrier to carrier. The phone will usually send out a signal to the nearest tower frequently, throughout the day. You can tell whether a call is made bc the signal doesn’t just go through towers.
If a phone sends out a ping at 815, and it pings every 15 minutes and there’s not another ping at 830, it’s safe to assume that the phone was dead or turned off in that 15 minute interval. I think most companies have the timers set at shorter intervals. I’m also pretty sure that powering off a phone or the battery dying doesn’t generate a ping to the tower.
I agree
Its my understanding a service provider only can tell that a phone is not sending info to the tower. It does not know why, if the battery is dead or if the phone is switched off the service provider has no idea what level of potential energy is in the battery of the phone. Ping data only contains things like MEID, IMEI. MOO

Last edited:
I thought they found her phone and purse.
@ ab01

"On Feb. 7, police said they had recovered Savannah’s cell phone and purse she had with her the night she went missing."
Police, volunteers continue search for missing Lexington mother of four

They haven't found SS's purse or phone. In the link above, the Richmond Police Dept. said, "We believe this is the small purse and phone that Savannah had with her the night she went missing. If anyone has any information related to these items, please contact the Richmond Police Department at 859-624-4776 or email information to detective@richmond.ky.us"

In that tweet, the Richmond P.D was saying that they were quite sure the purse and cell phone in the picture of SS from the video surveillance cameras that accompanied that tweet were what SS was carrying. Neither item has been found.

Up thread, the question was asked where it was said that Ellen Spurlock had told SS that Ellen needed her car back the next day. This is from the article linked to below the quote:
"When Ellen woke up around 8 a.m. to find Savannah hadn’t returned home, she thought it was “unusual, but not the end of the world.” Savannah knew her mother needed to use the car that day, though, so Ellen called Savannah’s cellphone to check in with her. The call went straight to voicemail."

Kentucky police identify men last seen with missing young mother Savannah Spurlock

They haven't found SS's purse or phone. In the link above, the Richmond Police Dept. said, "We believe this is the small purse and phone that Savannah had with her the night she went missing. If anyone has any information related to these items, please contact the Richmond Police Department at 859-624-4776 or email information to detective@richmond.ky.us"

In that tweet, the Richmond P.D was saying that they were quite sure the purse and cell phone in the picture of SS from the video surveillance cameras that accompanied that tweet were what SS was carrying. Neither item has been found.

Up thread, the question was asked where it was said that Ellen Spurlock had told SS that Ellen needed her car back the next day. This is from the article linked to below the quote:
"When Ellen woke up around 8 a.m. to find Savannah hadn’t returned home, she thought it was “unusual, but not the end of the world.” Savannah knew her mother needed to use the car that day, though, so Ellen called Savannah’s cellphone to check in with her. The call went straight to voicemail."

Kentucky police identify men last seen with missing young mother Savannah Spurlock
I’ve been looking all day for the article about needing to use the car. Thank you!

I agree
It my belief a service provider only can tell that a phone is not sending info to the tower. It does not know why, if the battery is dead or if the phone is switched off the service provider has no idea what level of potential energy is in the battery of the phone. Ping data only contains things like MEID, IMEI. MOO

It provides very limited information which is why it’s usually easier and quicker to get. Idk if the whole state utilizes it yet, but louisville’s 911 dispatch are able to get information on pings depending on the type of emergency call. They send an email to the provider and then get a response pretty fast. Carriers delete that information pretty quick as well so it sounds like they acted on her mom’s concerns fairly early.

I’ve been looking all day for the article about needing to use the car. Thank you!

THANK YOU for finding that article. I don’t know how many articles I went through looking for it.
I wonder if they’ve gotten any kind of information back from the men’s phones yet. It makes me think they don’t have much information to go off of since they’ve not extended the search outside of GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects