Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Night Watchman

The Night Watchman Well-Known Member

6 months allows for a lot of decomposition. Unless the body shows broken bones or other forensic evidence of a murder- or somebody talks, there may never be a murder conviction.

The defense will throw out accidental death by possible overdose and this will be hard to disprove.

vaporlass, misgrn, Dre and 4 others like this.

2. StarryNight

StarryNight Well-Known Member

Hi! You might have me confused with the other Starry Night, lol. Hers has a space and mine doesn't. Orrrr I'm being forgetful and not remembering something I should, which is always a possibility too.

I agree that she was definitely elsewhere, and very likely frozen or stored somehow in a climate-controlled manner. No way could there be a body out in the open for months and no one smelled anything until now.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I wonder if we will ever truly know what happened to Savannah, how she died, why, etc.

3. rocket

rocket Pluviophile

With respect, how does remorseful look? He's not laughing or smiling. I certainly don't expect him to cry.

4. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

Can you elaborate on what you mean by unnatural position? I haven't read all the articles yet. Are we sure she was in an odd position?

5. rocket

rocket Pluviophile

I hope he does and, in turn, gives it to the children.

6. kc1023

kc1023 Well-Known Member

Well, gee. Always wanting and hoping for the missing to be found and then it's so awful when they are located deceased even if it was the likely outcome. I guess there is always that tiny smidge of hope until this time comes. So sad. So sorry for Savannah, this wasn't her fault at all.

7. ?mysterian?

?mysterian? Well-Known Member

misgrn, LadyL, HayLouise and 4 others like this.
  8. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

Ah! Thanks! I wasn’t sure if unnatural position meant just it’s not her normal physical state be dead, or if she was posed in some weird way, or hidden away in a small space. Maybe she was frozen and then buried?

Either way I hope she has plenty of evidence remaining with her. By this long I can’t imagine she would have much left to smell it she had just been buried in the yard. She would have smelled a long time ago. It’s been hot in KY for awhile now.

?mysterian? likes this.
  9. rocket

rocket Pluviophile

IMO an unnatural position could also be dismemberment.

10. Bits777

Bits777 Well-Known Member

This is the way I have always looked at stuff- I cannot judge anyone because I have never walked a day in their shoes- I am quite certain I would have done very similiar things as many of the missing and murdered have. Very sad we live in such a shaming,blaming society where many people seem to lack insight. Savannah was very loved and my heart breaks for her children knowing they will grow up without a mother.

Mo Thuairim, misgrn, Dre and 9 others like this.
  11. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

The defense regularly tries these irrational defenses, and rarely is it ever bought. They even try it in missing body murder victim cases when none of these things are known.

Yet they are being successfully won regularly now. Jurors have become much wiser now to the games defense attorneys play. Imo

Most jurors are very reasonable minded people, and know bodies aren't secreted away who have accidentally died. They tend to never believe in any coincidences either. This case will be no different. Imo.

Once all the facts are gathered it will show Svannah was another victim of a brutal homicide, and the jury will agree.

I'm not worried in the least that Savannah, and her family won't receive due justice. Imo they will.

Since three were seen leavung with SS, I believe one of them will start singing like a canary now that her body has been located. No longer is it going to work she left on her own free wll.

This investigation is far from over. It will ratchet up even more so now. These three individuals are going to feel the heat rising.

Imo

12. Corrupted1967

Corrupted1967 Well-Known Member

RIP Savannah. At least now her family can get closure and there can be justice

13. cryscrys

cryscrys Well-Known Member

I see a lot of people questioning why the dad would call a lawyer, but my thoughts are why wouldn't he? The fact that his property has been searched and his son is being looked at for murder and then the smell I would imagine there would be concern on his part that HE would be accused of this crime. Probably was a very hard decision for him to make. Assuming he is a law abiding citizen and isn't a true crime junkie ( like us) he would have no clue about the legal ramifications. I say hats off to the Dad this has to be insanely difficult. I hope all victims of this sad situation find comfort in their friends family and faith.((( )))

14. bwt42

bwt42 Well-Known Member

My theory is that DS wanted SS to leave the bar with him but knew she was interested in the AA men. After partying at the first residence the AA men left & he got what he wanted.

bluenoser and Steph8angels like this.
  15. oceanblueeyes

Oh goodness. I read it this morning in one of the linked articles. I will try to find the link for you when I have more time or some other kind poster may find it quicker for you so you can read it quicker.

It shouldn't be that far back in the thread though.

Imo

altojack likes this.
  16. oceanblueeyes

This is where I read about the unnatural position of her body when found.

Imo her body was contorted because she had been inside a container of some kind for awhile.

Imo

17. Ree89

Ree89 Well-Known Member

Makes me so sad seeing her happy, smiling face all over the news but with the words human remains found...:( just so sad and unnecessary. How ds could live there knowing she was out there I don't know!

18. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Lots of posts removed along the lines of "It was just terrible what you-know-who said about so-and-so over at that awful site Blah Blah."

C'mon folks ... Websleuths does not allow discussion of social media rumors, so please don't discuss them by skirting around them.

Thanks.

crhedBngr, vaporlass, Hraefn and 18 others like this.
  19. trujac

trujac Well-Known Member

Incompetent law enforcement investigation--thumbs up for the alert neighbor...dog poo Sparks needs the death penalty...

Kaykayy and Kapua like this.
  20. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

its prob been posted but i think the guys dad smelled a foul odor on his property and told his lawyer. from there i am guessing his lawyer told him to report it to LE

Dre, Kapua, ab01 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.