Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Thank you for your support of our family during this time. I will probably bow out of here from now on as the next phase will be incredibly painful. We will let police make the noise now. Thank you for your respectful discussions on this forum throughout. It was the only place I felt comfortable participating (if ever so briefly). Much love to u all. If you are local, there will be a public visitation this Tuesday from 5pm-9pm at Oldham, Roberts, & Powell Funeral Home. The hearing tomorrow will allow media.

Lisa
Thank you Lisa. So many of us are praying for you and the your family. If I was local, I would be there. God bless.

As far as the federal charges about who would get charged with for supplying, it’s pretty open to interpretation. I’ve only seen them really go after a dealer once. It happened in Louisville a few months ago. They were able to prove that he supplied the heroin that killed a girl. They caught him with a LOT. It’s definitely aimed towards big time dealers. I’m sure they could use it as a threat to someone who acted as the middle person.

Last edited:
Following the law of the land -- it hurts that this charge in KY is only a misdemeanor offense. (Just learned following another case in Ohio that "outrage the sensibilities of a community" will up the charge to a felony. Outrage a "family" is still a misdemeanor). :eek:

525.120 Abuse of corpse.
(1) A person is guilty of abuse of a corpse when except as authorized by law he intentionally treats a corpse in a way that would outrage ordinary family sensibilities. A person shall also be guilty of abuse of a corpse if that person enters into a contract and accepts remuneration for the preparation of a corpse for burial or the burial or cremation of a corpse and then deliberately fails to prepare, bury, or cremate that corpse in accordance with that contract.
(2) Abuse of a corpse is a Class A misdemeanor, unless the act attempted or committed involved sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse with the corpse or the deliberate failure to prepare, bury, or cremate a corpse after the acceptance of remuneration in accordance with any contract negotiated, in which case it is a Class D felony.

Effective: July 15, 2002
History: Amended 2002 Ky. Acts ch. 276, sec. 8, effective July 15, 2002. -- Amended 2000
Ky. Acts ch. 490, sec. 1, effective July 14, 2000. -- Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 222, effective January 1, 1975.

It was actually just recently changed to a felony. However, it was enacted 7/1, I believe It’s now called Kristen’s law. If she was moved before 7/1, there’s a good argument to be made that he could only be charged as a misdemeanor since it wasn’t a felony at the time.

Last edited:
I REALLY want to believe it was an OD and he freaked out and made some terrible decisions. It’s a little easier to swallow than a violent murder. I understand why many on here don’t think that’s the case, but I’m going to hang on to that idea until we know more. If she OD’d then he must have been in a sheer hell of guilt and worry this whole time, but if he’s a sociopath then he probably just didn’t care. :(

Obviously it's tragic and terrible regardless the circumstance. But I agree with you, I would cope so much better and find peace with the knowledge that a loved one passed away from an overdose (peacefully) rather than the latter.
I think it will be another punch to the gut for the family if its discovered that she was attacked, murdered and/or sexually assaulted. I seriously pray so hard that it wasn't anything of that nature.
And when I say I "pray so hard".. I mean a clench-my-eyes-squeeze-them-shut kind of prayin I do hoping that this isn't the case in her death

Ohio holds the dealer responsible too.

Yes, I know the dealer is charged and held responsible. But I wondered if someone gave someone heroin and they did it together and one overdosed, would they be charged for giving it to them? Or does the good samaritan law protect them from that?
Or what if someone overdoses and their dealer is with them and calls about the OD? Is he still protected? Or charger for selling it to the person?
I just wanted to know what and who all the law protects and if there's anyone it doesn't protect, such as a dealer

I thought she would’ve been brought out in a body bag as well. I think that’s why I just assumed the metal container was from the coroner. I just assumed they used that instead of a bag due to how far along decomp was or to try and keep her in whatever she was initially buried in. I’m
having trouble finding a picture of it now. It reminded me almost of what they put a casket inside of before putting it in the ground. I’ve only ever seen one like it once, and it was when my grandmother passed away a couple years ago. They couldn’t bury her that day at the cemetery so they put her casket in this metal container thing.

Savannah would’ve been pretty far along in the decomp process. I’m not sure moving her around a whole lot and trying to get her into a bag would’ve been easy to do without losing tissue and keeping every thing intact.

I’m curious if there will be additional arrests too. I also wonder if they’ll end up adding some extra charges once they’re finished with the official autopsy report.

I’m glad her family is getting to finally have a funeral and lay her to rest. Nobody deserves to be discarded the way she was :(
Obituary for Savannah Marie Spurlock at Oldham, Roberts & Powell Funeral Home
167029-539cac7b947dbfb114ce8e4632d575bc.jpg

Military Surplus - a lot of agencies are getting/using these now. They're gasketed and air tight to preserve all forensic material.

Last edited:
Hello all,

Thank you for your support of our family during this time. I will probably bow out of here from now on as the next phase will be incredibly painful. We will let police make the noise now. Thank you for your respectful discussions on this forum throughout. It was the only place I felt comfortable participating (if ever so briefly). Much love to u all. If you are local, there will be a public visitation this Tuesday from 5pm-9pm at Oldham, Roberts, & Powell Funeral Home. The hearing tomorrow will allow media.

Lisa
Come back as an advocate of the missing. You have a unique experience and point of view.

So currently this guy is being held without bond but can they continue to hold him if they can't determine it was murder right away? Will they have to set bond for him if they haven't gathered the appropriate evidence to charge him with murder yet? I certainly hope not.

So currently this guy is being held without bond but can they continue to hold him if they can't determine it was murder right away? Will they have to set bond for him if they haven't gathered the appropriate evidence to charge him with murder yet? I certainly hope not.

DS was arrested and charged with abuse of a corpse, and evidence tampering only. (No murder charges filed as the autopsy is not complete). And there's no guarantee of murder charge.

On Friday, DS was arraigned in Garrand County District Court for above charges only, and he pled not guilty.

Based on these charges alone, I'd expect that bail would have also been set on Friday but perhaps there was something cited in the arrest citation about pending charges.

DS preliminary hearing (probable cause hearing) is scheduled for Monday.

I think we will learn Monday if DS Attorney argues for a bond.

MOO

DS was arrested and charged with abuse of a corpse, and evidence tampering only. (No murder charges filed as the autopsy is not complete). And there's no guarantee of murder charge.

On Friday, DS was arraigned in Garrand County District Court for above charges only, and he pled not guilty.

Based on these charges alone, I'd expect that bail would have also been set on Friday but perhaps there was something cited in the arrest citation about pending charges.

DS preliminary hearing (probable cause hearing) is scheduled for Monday.

I think we will learn Monday if DS Attorney argues for a bond.

MOO

I'd imagine that they'd have to set bond if he's not charged, right? I'm sure they can't just hold him because they might eventually have a murder case against him. Hopefully the autopsy provides conclusive results without having to wait weeks or months for toxicology and such to come back.

I'd imagine that they'd have to set bond if he's not charged, right? I'm sure they can't just hold him because they might eventually have a murder case against him. Hopefully the autopsy provides conclusive results without having to wait weeks or months for toxicology and such to come back.

I just learned that Kentucky was the first state to abolish commercial bail in 1976, so the family cannot seek help from a bondsman. If granted bail on Monday, still a good chance he won't be released.

I just learned that Kentucky was the first state to abolish commercial bail in 1976, so the family cannot seek help from a bondsman. If granted bail on Monday, still a good chance he won't be released.

Yep. No bondsmen here. I didn’t realize until I was older that bondsmen were a real thing lol. Usually, they set the bond amount and 10% of that amount will bond you out. It just depends on the type of bond. Sometimes they accept collateral but it’s usually on really high amounts.

What is a good catch?
Their height and weight being somewhat close and thinking he had help moving her.
I personally believe that willpower in a situation like this can be a crazy thing, and if you’re trying to save your a$$ you can physically do things you normally could not.. not saying he didn’t have help! But I don’t believe it would have been necessary with motivation, adrenaline, etc.
moo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member