Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE should be held responsible too for faults. Detectives didnt spot the blood in the closet in their prior search.

It's kind of a big deal to look over things like this all while a body was in the backyard. We are talking paid professionals here.
In what way do you think they should be “held responsible”?
While there were some clear oversights, they seemed to solve the case in less than a year and justice will be served.. they didn’t give up and they have reached their goal so I think they made up for their missteps already.. moo

Phil Pendleton‏Verified account @philtvnews
David Sparks hearing revealed how police believe he allegedly used rug, garbage bags in burying Savannah Spurlock. More on @WKYT

D_hUaYpWsAUiyiQ.jpg

6:42 AM - 15 Jul 2019 pst

Savannah Spurlock’s father leaves the courthouse after hearing testimony of the man charged after Savannah’s body was found last week. More on what the state police detective said in court and reaction at noon and later @WKYT @WYMT http://wkyt.com

D_hfZT5WwAUNZST.jpg

7:30 AM - 15 Jul 2019 pst

Key piece of evidence in case against David Sparks in Savannah Spurlock death inv. could be a rug that police say he replaced not long after she went missing. Police say she was found buried in a rug and garbage bags at family’s home on Fall Lick road in Garrard Co. More @WKYT

Well, that explains the unnatural position. I'm assuming he folded the body in order to make it fit better in the rug or the hole that he dug. Sounds like he didn't do a very good job. Imo

Yeah I think it has more to do with being able to fit the body into a smaller hole rather than pointing to DS secretly hiding her in various freezers or what have you as some have speculated

Sounds like based on cell phone information etc that LE are convinced that she has been there since day 1

How much of a team do you need when the body is in the backyard and blood in the bedroom?

I'm just appalled. I feel sorry for her family. I know what I would feel.

Well we now know that LE had already accumulated a lot of circumstantial evidence to use once they located her body.

And by waiting they can be confident that he will be convicted and not just tried for the crimes that LE was certain that he comited

Had they tried to pursue a no body case things may not have played out the same.

As evidence by some other recent cases and the astonishingly high conviction rate of no body prosecutions, Prosecutors want and overwhelmingly amount of evidence in order to proceed with charges in those cases. Which is why I feel so strongly about Mr Frazee's fate in another case!

Well we now know that LE had already accumulated a lot of circumstantial evidence to use once they located her body.

And by waiting they can be confident that he will be convicted and not just tried for the crimes that LE was certain that he comited

Had they tried to pursue a no body case things may not have played out the same.

As evidence by some other recent cases and the astonishingly high conviction rate of no body prosecutions, Prosecutors want and overwhelmingly amount of evidence in order to proceed with charges in those cases. Which is why I feel so strongly about Mr Frazee's fate in another case!
Exactly. This was one of the cases where the evidence was likely to get better with time.

That’s not always the way it works.

Sparks told investigators that the following morning, Spurlock woke him to ask their address, as if she were getting a ride, Chavies said Monday. Sparks said he told her, went back to sleep and woke up to find her gone, according to the detective.

During one of the early searches of Sparks’ home on Price Court, detectives found a gray rug similar in dimension and color to the one that was found with Spurlock’s body.

During Monday’s testimony, Chavies said Sparks had texted his sister on Jan. 4 to ask her where she bought a rug because he wanted to buy another one.

[...]

A bloodstain consistent with Spurlock’s DNA also was found just inside the door of the bedroom closet, Chavies said. The blood was not visible and had to be found using a latent blood reagent, Chavies testified. Detectives did not see it during their first search of the Price Court home. Chavies was unable to say for certain if an attempt had been made to clean up the blood.

At no point during previous discussions with police did Sparks say Spurlock had hurt herself inside his home, nor did he mention that he had a missing rug, Chavies said. The detective also said that black trash bags and tape similar to tape used to bind Spurlock’s feet were found in Sparks’ Price Court home.

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article232677437.html

I'd be shocked if Frazee gets off but that's another story for a different thread.

If there was her blood in a closet and the body in the backyard, Sparks is toast. Done. Only possible defense is accidental if the autopsy cant come up with anything conclusive.

So it would be his word.

A bloodstain consistent with Spurlock’s DNA also was found just inside the door of the bedroom closet, Chavies said. The blood was not visible and had to be found using a latent blood reagent, Chavies testified. Detectives did not see it during their first search of the Price Court home. Chavies was unable to say for certain if an attempt had been made to clean up the blood.

At no point during previous discussions with police did Sparks say Spurlock had hurt herself inside his home,

Snipped for focus. In defense of LE, is it possible that their first search warrant didn’t allow them to use “a latent blood reagent?”

Snipped for focus. In defense of LE, is it possible that their first search warrant didn’t allow them to use “a latent blood reagent?”

That very well may be the case and it may not have been able to be seen by the naked eye due to cleanup

I'm betting they had a lot more probable cause information, cell data, the rug, etc when they secured the warrant to return IMO

Sparks told investigators that the following morning, Spurlock woke him to ask their address, as if she were getting a ride, Chavies said Monday. Sparks said he told her, went back to sleep and woke up to find her gone, according to the detective.

During one of the early searches of Sparks’ home on Price Court, detectives found a gray rug similar in dimension and color to the one that was found with Spurlock’s body.

During Monday’s testimony, Chavies said Sparks had texted his sister on Jan. 4 to ask her where she bought a rug because he wanted to buy another one.

[...]

At no point during previous discussions with police did Sparks say Spurlock had hurt herself inside his home, nor did he mention that he had a missing rug, Chavies said. The detective also said that black trash bags and tape similar to tape used to bind Spurlock’s feet were found in Sparks’ Price Court home.

I'm wondering if the rug itself also has evidence on it? what if she tried to escape and he knocked her down ? we don't have a cause of death yet - I'm also curious if luminol was used in that first search since the blood wasn't found until April 2? the blood spot in the closet was not visible - so he must have cleaned up and missed it? JMO

Savannah Spurlock's body was found naked and bound in trash bags thrown in a shallow grave | Daily Mail Online

It was miserable. It literally hurt to walk outside. There was another girl who had gone missing in the Richmond area not long after Savannah. She had taken off on foot and the temperatures dropped real low and she had succumbed to hypothermia and was found frozen :(
I remember that because we had similar weather and schools closed because it was so frigid for many of the days off and on for over 2 weeks.

I'm wondering if the rug itself also has evidence on it? what if she tried to escape and he knocked her down ? we don't have a cause of death yet - I'm also curious if luminol was used in that first search since the blood wasn't found until April 2? the blood spot in the closet was not visible - so he must have cleaned up and missed it? JMO

Savannah Spurlock's body was found naked and bound in trash bags thrown in a shallow grave | Daily Mail Online
and I meant to add this article says they found a scrap of clothing that may be from her skirt - I've wondered about the clothes, purse cell etc. I wonder if they are buried elsewhere on the property?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998