Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not caught up yet but just want to say I am so sorry for her family with these new details which just have to bring more trauma to deal with as it all evolves.

It sounds as if no OD or accident defense is going to work here, thank God for that, but these details and what likely happened to her is not what anyone wants to hear.

It looks as if we have another sick and twisted evil perpetrator (and another young one)...

This "man" had no right to do whatever it was he did to her and WTH makes someone think they have any such right over another?! If there is any bright side at all, it is that he will likely never be free to do it to anyone else. One would hope...

I had better stop there...

RIP Savannah. Justice shall come... Thinking of and praying for her family and children.

Jmo.

I thought they found her stuff buried with her ?

We haven’t heard specifics, but the arrest warrant referred to items “last known to be in the control” of SS and Sparks. That sounds like her purse and clothes? I wondered why they phrased it that way, but perhaps because they believe the other two when they said they left, and she was at the house alone with Sparks?

and I meant to add this article says they found a scrap of clothing that may be from her skirt - I've wondered about the clothes, purse cell etc. I wonder if they are buried elsewhere on the property?

"Police searched the countryside surrounding the home for weeks but were unable to find any evidence. K9 units and searches on foot and boat combed the rivers and ponds across an area stretching close to 70 miles with that house as its epicenter.

During the search, a scrap of material the same color as the skirt Savannah was wearing the night she disappeared was found. It was discovered in an area not far from the rural home and near one of many ponds in the stretch of countryside. It was sent off for forensic examination."

According to the article is sounds like the scrap of material believed to be her red skirt was actually recovered near one of the ponds during one of the early searches.

So maybe the earlier rumor about finding evidence of her clothing was actually true and was only later disputed by searchers bc LE was not happy that it had been leaked?

ETA link

Savannah Spurlock's body was found naked and bound in trash bags thrown in a shallow grave | Daily Mail Online

I dont think she would have to be in a root cellar or freezer to preserve the body. The cold winter temperatures and being under the earth would be enough. Also being wrapped in plastic would slow it down, compared to being exposed to the elements. I think I read that for every week of decomp exposed to the elements is equal to one month when wrapped in plastic or wood. So it might be slowed down significantly. Imo
I saw one article that said that they identified her by her tattoos and fingerprints, and I was shocked that this would be a possibility until I looked up temperatures in Lexington...average temps...and it has only been the last two months that it has started warming up. Then add to that the other factors Ms Betsy mentioned. I think they also said it was a much colder January than normal.

Climate Lexington - Kentucky and Weather averages Lexington

We haven’t heard specifics, but the arrest warrant referred to items “last known to be in the control” of SS and Sparks. That sounds like her purse and clothes? I wondered why they phrased it that way, but perhaps because they believe the other two when they said they left, and she was at the house alone with Sparks?
The scrap of material in the daily mail article is the only item I have seen named specifically so far. JMO
ETA grammar

As suspected, NOT an overdose. Not sure why it's always brought up as the most likely possibility in many of these cases involving young women, but it's very very rarely the case. Yes, the opioid epidemic is a very real thing and doesn't discriminate, but usually, we don't hear about those kind of cases because their families are well aware that their loved one is in active addiction and almost always, those bodies are not concealed in the way that victims of homicide are.

RIP Savannah. Justice is coming.

I believe I read earlier that firewood was on top on her. Most people will stack firewood next to a building like a shed or barn to keep it dry. It would keep animals from digging and also hold in odor to a degree. As the winter went back that wood pile would decrease and it might result in the site being exposed.

I believe I read earlier that firewood was on top on her. Most people will stack firewood next to a building like a shed or barn to keep it dry. It would keep animals from digging and also hold in odor to a degree. As the winter went back that wood pile would decrease and it might result in the site being exposed.
Do you have a link for that (firewood on top of her), please? TIA!

Morgan Eads‏ @MorganEads1
Sparks’ defense attorney asked Judge Oliver to reconsider bond, pointing out that at this point Sparks has just been charged with a Class D felony. The judge said he would look into it.

7:15 AM - 15 Jul 2019 pst
Hope we get COD and a murder charge soon (I assume that's what they are waiting on to add charges)

Wonder if his sister revealed that interesting tidbit that he wanted a new rug the day she disappeared or if they found that in his phone records. I think his family had to be covering up for him or at the very least "head in the sand" instead of trying to find the truth. It was well known he was the POI locally. I also do not believe she *just* started smelling out of the blue, I think it got so bad neighbors started to ask and they knew someone was going to call it in. I guess nobody heard or saw him digging a grave with a body either?

How did the dogs not smell anything? Do plastic bags really work that well? I know dogs are not perfect, but a shallow grave in a backyard doesn't seem difficult.

I am glad he is so dumb because she was able to be found, but still absolutely cannot understand why he would put the body where he lives. Especially since he had that window before she was reported missing!

Poor Savannah.

I wouldn't think garbage bags would be that protective. I've put my garbage in four garbage bags and cats still get in the garbage at times. Also liquid leaks out of multiple garbage bags. I'm thinking she was moved from somewhere that was keeping her very cold. If she was there since Jan 4th, I see no way the odor would not have been detected. Also how do you search and even if lumber was on top of this grave, not find her and see the bags sticking out of the ground. Can't believe she was there when they searched or for over six months. It's impossible for me to believe this would be the case.

Last edited:
This guy is toast.

Looks like he used his rug to bury her then after bought a new one to replace the one he used. His garbage bags, Savannah’s blood in his closet. Yeah, he’s done.

Yah he's toast

Witnesses placed him alone with SS

Blood found in the bedroom of his rental home

Missing rug from his bedroom found buried with the victim on his parents property

The next day he calls his sister to find out where she bought the rug, he purchases the same exact rug almost immediately

Same garbage bags and packaging tape that was found on SS body also found in DS home

DS told investigators that SS was fine when he last saw her

DS told investigators that SS left on foot

The Autopsy will likely show how SS died, most likely blunt force trauma IMO

Stamp Guilty on his forehead

Sister receives text asking where a rug was purchased the day after a person goes missing. Red Flag. Mr Sparks accounting of the events of the evening are unraveling. How a person can let a family suffer for 6 months is beyond me. It’s time he step forward and tell the truth.

Awww, man, I feel for her family. That photo of her Dad leaving the courthouse with his picture on his lap of him and Savannah is heartbreaking. I cannot even begin to imagine. I didn’t truly think this would be accidental OD. I, obviously, have no way to know what the COD is yet. Maybe it’s because of my brutal rape that I always have this icy thin river of fear in my blood, causing me to suspect the most nefarious circumstances. PTSD has you hyperaware and a bit paranoid, or at least it does me. Bless that family, man. I hope whatever happened to Savannah was over quick and as painless as possible. Prayers to her family and friends. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23