Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I recall her bff saying very early that SS need a ride to her vehicle, and that if she realized they were driving all the way to Lancaster to party- she would have said "hey guys, turn this boat around."

ETA: Clarify the thought being that nobody would give her a ride from Lancaster back to her mom's car later that night or early morning, and mom needed her car in the morning.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    bluenoser, Traymar, cherrymeg and 4 others like this.
  2. Bits777

Bits777 Well-Known Member

I am sorry I misunderstood something- I thought that when she Facetimed her Mom she had said she was going to a party or something and would see her Mom soon or in the early am- I thought Savannah knew she was going to one of the guys houses but didn't know how far away the house was and if she did she would not have agreed to travel that distance.

bluenoser, cherrymeg, rsd1200 and 4 others like this.
  3. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Yes, that's the way I remember it also, but her priority was a ride to collect her mom's car.

I think the thought was nobody would give her a ride to her car from Lancaster later that night, or the next morning, and her mom needed her car in the morning.

4. NanZDrew

NanZDrew Well-Known Member

Sorry that happened to you, but glad you survived. My gut feeling is that she refused him and tried to fight him off and he became enraged. Poor Savannah was betrayed by so many people that night leaving her at the mercy of this man with no escape.

bluenoser, Barlow, Kittybunny and 5 others like this.
  5. jULIA_bEE

jULIA_bEE Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure you’re right. I’m not sure if she knew how far she was going that night, but I do think she had agreed to go hang out with them after leaving. By the time she FaceTimed her mom, she would’ve been driving away from where her car was already so I don’t think she left under the pretense that she was getting a ride back to the car.

6. NanZDrew

NanZDrew Well-Known Member

This is a link from the Lexington Herald Leader of the detective testifying about finding her body.

7. altojack

altojack Well-Known Member

Yeah, agree she was moved more than once. We know his brother helped him move from Price to the parents home, I'm hoping bro wasn't involved in removal of body too. JMO. I feel that one of the other 2 men may have helped him out.

bluenoser, bowler and rsd1200 like this.
  8. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

How do we know his brother helped??

bluenoser likes this.
  9. altojack

altojack Well-Known Member

I read it 3 maybe 4 pages back from a link.

bluenoser, bowler and Niner like this.
  10. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

I think I read somewhere that the Grand Jury is meeting next week by Wednesday. I wonder if the court site would have a date on that?

@SeesSeas - I believe you can get into Kentucky?
    from my notes:
    Garrard County; held in Madison County Detention Center & transferred to Lincoln County Regional jail after his 7/11 hearing.
    So don't know if you have to look under Garrard County of Lincoln - ??

TIA! :)

edited to add - found the quote from an article posted above - don't ask me which one though....

After hearing testimony Monday, Garrard District Judge Bill Oliver found probable cause to send the case before the grand jury, which is expected to meet Wednesday and could return an indictment Friday.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    bluenoser, rootbeer, Traymar and 9 others like this.
  11. SeesSeas

SeesSeas FLORIDIAN

Dates not yet listed:
    KYeCourts - Guest Login
    SPARKS, DAVID A (D)
    • GARRARD : 19-F-00092
    COMMONWEALTH VS. SPARKS, DAVID A
    W / M

Savannah Spurlock's blood was found in David Sparks' bedroom, police say
    July 15, 2019
    After hearing testimony Monday, Garrard District Judge Bill Oliver found probable cause to send the case before the grand jury, which is expected to meet Wednesday and could return an indictment Friday.

misgrn, HayLouise, Traymar and 5 others like this.
  12. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I went back to Thread 2 (w/links), early Feb because I remembered out discussion concerning phone call & timeline. The mother stated the FT call was around 2:30-3:00am. The pics of SS & 2 men leaving the bar show a time of 2:34am. The timing of each could mean the call was made when SS realized she was not being taken to her car. She may have become alarmed & made the call. Also, her mother said she was not concerned SS was not home or after she received the call so was the call out of the norm a bit? The only think she could think to do "in case"? JMO

Adding this thought not related to original post: I recall my younger days. While Drs told women not to have intercourse until after 6 weeks from birth (which aligns with postpartum check up) many chose 4 weeks or even earlier. Basically when THEY felt better. This is in no way saying SS had that in mind as we have no way of knowing nor does it matter. I am just responding to some of the posts I have read.
    ETA wording

13. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

So I’m guessing the other two guys lived further away - if they had lived in/near Lexington they could have given her a ride back to her car. And they must not have lived near Richmond - they could have dropped her off at her moms house. I’m trying to remember why she took her mother’s car.

misgrn, altojack and Dre like this.
  14. Hraefn

Hraefn Verified Attorney

I tend to agree with others here that this was triggered by a sexual rejection. JMO MOO, either Savannah never gave consent or she withdrew her consent, possibly due to pain from being only 4-5 weeks postpartum. JMO MOO, by that point DS felt entitled to her body and didn't care the cost.

I am so heartbroken for her babies and her family and friends. RIP beautiful angel.

15. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

I have never felt SS looked anything but freezing & a bit apprehensive. Her body language fits both. 1st pic her knee is raised higher than normal walking patterns. She may have grabbed the man's for balance due to high heels and being in grass? The 2nd man body language (both hands in pockets, head down) seems to have distanced himself for some reason. Possibly not comfortable or equal with the other 2.

[​IMG]

This pic (JMO) shows her fists clenched, arms crossed and tight against body, slightly bent at the waist, purse hanging open. All show apprehension, self protection or simply extremely cold. The open purse while walking and standing shows distraction. The position of the thumb & index finger of the right hand makes me wonder if she had a habit of picking at fingernail when nervous or is holding something small. I am in no means an expert so I could be totally off base. All of my opinions here are based on simple online body language research done at the time these pics were released. It's all JMO
    [​IMG]

16. Hraefn

Hraefn Verified Attorney

I think anything about the brother was speculation by a member here?

altojack, NervousNellie and Dre like this.
  17. Hraefn

Hraefn Verified Attorney

I have been hoping it is her phone, but I have not seen anything reporting that at all, JMO.

Dre likes this.
  18. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

Imo, leaving the bar at closing time in winter is frigid and quite sobering... a definite buzz kill if you’ve decided not to bring a jacket to the bar.. if that were me I’d probably look like I was about to cry... it’s like getting out of the shower in the winter when the heat stopped working lol moo!

19. rickcross

rickcross Well-Known Member

I find any talk about the moving of the body to be quite unlikely. It did not take police long to discover who Sparks was and search his home. They found Samantha's blood there, they knew they had their man. This guy has likely been under constant surveillance ever since, and would not have had the opportunity to dig more holes without being detected. I simply think that he made the mistake of not digging the hole deep enough. When the body eventually rotted, he was discovered.

fullofsecrets, misgrn, bowler and 7 others like this.
  20. ACG2x

ACG2x Well-Known Member

I will never understand why people who commit violent murders like this think "hey, I'll bury the body on my own property, that'll throw the cops off for sure!" If you are the last individual to have been seen with a missing person, then you are the initial focus of an investigation. Period. That's how it works.

So many cases of victims being buried within walking distance of perp's property or outright on it. So not only are they vile, evil vermin but also lazy or plan stupid - probably both.

RIP SS - God Bless your family and your little one who now has to grow up without a mother because of what this asshat did.

Jealoushe, misgrn, cherrymeg and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.