Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it your understanding that intoxication as a COD is off the table but okay to talk about them drinking.

That's correct.

As per TOS, victim behavior good or bad can be discussed as long as it doesn't turn into victim blaming.

Yes, they were drinking that night is a known fact and can be discussed.

Overdose from alcohol is not a known fact and blood in a closet <modsnip: snipped "blood on a carpet" as that was incorrect> together with all know post mortem activity would not normally be associated with alcohol overdose. Death from alcohol overdose is what cannot be discussed.

Last edited:
Until I know if she was still alive when the other 2 men left the house, I would have a hard time convicting DS.
So are you suggesting that DS is lying to cover for the other 2? By his own account the other 2 men left, SS went to sleep on his bed and then woke him up in the am. Which means he’s saying she was alive when they left.
Right now he is only charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence. Are you suggesting someone else buried her in his parents back yard?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article232677437.html

So are you suggesting that DS is lying to cover for the other 2? By his own account the other 2 men left, SS went to sleep on his bed and then woke him up in the am. Which means he’s saying she was alive when they left.
Right now he is only charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence. Are you suggesting someone else buried her in his parents back yard?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article232677437.html
I hold out the possibility that all 3 men had some involvement in her death. His story could have been concocted to protect all 3. Don't think so but as I said I need more info before I convict.

Is it your understanding that intoxication as a COD is off the table but okay to talk about them drinking.

Do you know any other case of anyone who has died of intoxication and been found naked in a shallow grave? Just asking.

I hold out the possibility that all 3 men had some involvement in her death. His story could have been concocted to protect all 3. Don't think so but as I said I need more info before I convict.

So if cod was to be undetermined, you would be happy for ds to deal with his charges now and then walk without ever taking responsibility for the death of a healthy woman who went out one night, was at his house, (her blood was in his closet, she was naked and buried in his familys yard), and she was never seen alive again after being with him? Jmo.
Eta just asking.

I think she meant if it were a man, the reason he left a bar with 3 women wouldn’t be questioned and judged.
I thought they meant if the roles were reversed (a man left a bar with 3 women and ended up dead after having sex with them)
In that case, why wouldn't the women be questioned or judged? Imo

Last edited:
Until I know if she was still alive when the other 2 men left the house, I would have a hard time convicting DS.
I thought according to his statement, she was alive after the other men left the house.
Didn't he claim that she asked him where she was after the men had already left the house?
What time did he say it was?

Do you know any other case of anyone who has died of intoxication and been found naked in a shallow grave? Just asking.

Died of intoxication is off the table per TOS

So if cod was to be undetermined, you would be happy for ds to deal with his charges now and then walk without ever taking responsibility for the death of a healthy woman who went out one night, was at his house, (her blood was in his closet, she was naked and buried in his familys yard), and she was never seen alive again after being with him? Jmo.
Eta just asking.
If charges are never brought against him for murder I would have faith that prosecutors felt they didn't have a case. I would not be happy or sad.

I thought according to his statement, she was alive after the other men left the house.
Didn't he claim that she asked him where she was after the men had already left the house?
I wouldn't buy his story without proof. Hypothetical. What if she died because of something one or all three of them did. The two who didn't live there said its your house take care of the problem. My guess is that all three men had been drinking & not thinking straight. Do I think this is what happened? No, but I need it ruled out.

If charges are never brought against him for murder I would have faith that prosecutors felt they didn't have a case. I would not be happy or sad.

But that wouldn't necessarily mean he didn't murder her, it could mean he concealed her body in his parents garden (in black bags, naked and folded in half with her feet bound) for that long that she was too decomposed in that they couldn't determine a cod. It doesn't mean he didn't murder her. It means he concealed it that well, for long enough, for his own benefit, that he got away with it.

I wouldn't buy his story without proof. Hypothetical. What if she died because of something one or all three of them did. The two who didn't live there said its your house take care of the problem. My guess is that all three men had been drinking & not thinking straight. Do I think this is what happened? No, but I need it ruled out.

I'm pretty sure the little buddy system you hypothesize would have ended the moment LE had DS in custody because he would have sung like a little birdie and the other two would have been picked up by now but jmo

That's my understanding, too. Not sure we have an exact time, but DS said he was sleeping on his couch and she woke him up to ask where she was. No mention of the other two men being there when that happened.

He said he then went back to sleep and she was gone by the time he woke up again.

But that wouldn't necessarily mean he didn't murder her, it could mean he concealed her body in his parents garden (in black bags, naked and folded in half with her feet bound) for that long that she was too decomposed in that they couldn't determine a cod. It doesn't mean he didn't murder her. It means he concealed it that well, for long enough, for his own benefit, that he got away with it.
Correct. The prosecutors will know more than I do. If they don't feel they have a case I wouldn't argue with that

I'm pretty sure the little buddy system you hypothesize would have ended the moment LE had DS in custody because he would have sung like a little birdie and the other two would have been picked up by now but jmo
No reason to sing. He has only been charged with 2 minor charges. Why admit something you haven't been charged with.

What he has been charged with is far from minor. It's pretty sick. And the way she was found should come in to consideration too. This isn't just ditching a body, burying it, abuse of a corpse. It's a naked woman with HIS rug, bound up in his parents yard in a 19inch grave for 6 months.

I am not trying to convince anyone that DS is not guilty of murder. He probably is. I am just surprised that so many are sure with what I feel is not enough evidence. Just trying to explain why I am not convinced.

What he has been charged with is far from minor. It's pretty sick. And the way she was found should come in to consideration too. This isn't just ditching a body, burying it, abuse of a corpse. It's a naked woman with HIS rug, bound up in his parents yard in a 19inch grave for 6 months.
It's minor in the sense that it doesn't carry a long prison sentence. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member