KY KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Thank you - I haven't followed many KY cases - I am glad they are careful and cautious but it must be awful for the family.

Alcina, cody22, babybird72 and 4 others like this.
  2. cherrymeg

cherrymeg Well-Known Member

I've been lucky so far. Usually, when I need a phone it's dead or not with me. I used to do this thing where I would call my own phone from someone elses and leave a message saying who I was with or I'd call a friend so someone would have the number of the last person I was with. My thought was well if they are going to kill me hopefully they get caught. Not great story about safety lol. I really hope she is alright. No one deserves to vanish because they got in someone's car.

3. killarney rose

killarney rose Well-Known Member

Is it possible that rather than being intoxicated as in drunk, that her drink might have been drugged?

4. bwt42

bwt42 Well-Known Member

No one deserves to vanish because they got in a car drunk at 2:30 am with someone they didn't know.

Alcina, cody22, babybird72 and 3 others like this.
  5. bwt42

bwt42 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the logistics of SS night out. How did she make it to the bar?

cody22 likes this.
  6. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Living in the Lexington area, there’s a lot of talk about this story. I’m torn. This is really perplexing.
    I need to find time to read each post to see what has been posted, what’s allowed, etc., before I add my theory.
    The family is really amping up local press coverage.

bluenoser, MrsM, Cortne and 8 others like this.
  7. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

cody22 and rsd1200 like this.
  8. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

A lot of locals think she’s hiding to avoid certain things. Idk. There isn’t a sense of urgency or concern that one might expect, moo, as a local.

9. Vocalities

Vocalities Well-Known Member

She borrowed her mom's car.

10. jULIA_bEE

jULIA_bEE Well-Known Member

11. jULIA_bEE

jULIA_bEE Well-Known Member

More than likely, they know what happened. they probably won’t make an arrest without finding her first though. If something nefarious happened, they’d have a hard time getting the commonwealth atty to prosecute without locating Savannah. Richmond PD and KSP are more than capable of solving this.

12. rsd1200

rsd1200 Well-Known Member

In that area, there are homes she could have walked to, very easily. It's not all just barren farmland. Not saying she did take off walking or not, but I've seen folks do that. People are drunk, or high, at a party type atmosphere, and folks will get an idea that they're going home, and will take off walking. Not smart, but no one is super smart, when they are intoxicated.

bluenoser, Sarg, Alcina and 9 others like this.
  13. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

I know there is a lot of unnecessary judgement on her "partying" and DUI since the twins, but I am wondering if maybe she used some opiates for the first time since pregnancy and her tolerance was lowered and they all panicked? I keep discounting that theory because OD's are so common out here that surely selling or providing her drugs would not dissuade a 911 call. <modsnip - fb rumor >

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2019
  14. rsd1200

Photo of Fall Lick crossed by Perkins Lane. As you can see it is not in a deserted stretch of land.

Attached Files:

15. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

Ha, see I look at that picture and how far back the houses are set and all that farm land and think "how remote!"

16. rsd1200

Her mother stated that after she called her, they did a facetime chat, and there were other people in the vehicle. After that chat, she never got a pickup again. She was not expecting SS home til in the morning though.

cody22 likes this.
  17. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I (just barely) remember being young, drinking, and taking off on foot if I wanted to leave a place and no one else was ready, or “just because”...long before phones offered any source of protection. So it is not impossible to me that she left on foot but after that, who knows. I shudder often at the thought of risks I took way back when.

bluenoser, trujac, Sconnie and 17 others like this.
  18. rsd1200

There's homes all along that road and lane. Now off the main road, that would get somewhat remote. I guess, what I'm saying is, that if she left on foot, there were homes that she could knock on their doors, and ask for help, or to use a phone to call her mother. People would be getting up early along there to go to work, feed cattle, etc... No one has claimed to hear or see any female knocking on doors or wandering down the highway. There's a small lake, in Lincoln County, that they have searched. It is called Cedar Creek Lake. I've wondered about that area b/c it all connects through back roads.

19. rsd1200

I keep a charging chord in the vehicle, but, she was not in her friend's vehicle on the way home. She decided to stay behind and her friend went home. The people she left with may not have had a charging chord either.

cody22 likes this.
  20. rsd1200

Her mother said she was "very intoxicated" and told her mother that she'd be home in the morning, that she "was okay" (loosely quoting). She did not know the people in the vehicle, from what I have understood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.