Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is young and would possibly know people in college. That makes sense.

Richmond is a college town too so it’s possible she was with people from EKU. It was the last wkend before classes start back up and the bowl game and uk/uofl game was the wkend before so I’d imagine a lot of kids were already back on campus.

ETA: technical difficulties :(

I just assumed she knew college aged people. It was the

Richmond is a college town too so it’s possible she was with people from EKU. It was the last wkend before classes start back up and the bowl game and uk/uofl game was the wkend before so I’d imagine a lot of kids were already back on campus.
Thanks!

ETA: technical difficulties :(
So she could have been planning to spend the night with a friend or friends. Do most kids that live off campus live in the same area or are they spread out?

I’m not sure which apartment complex her car was found at because they haven’t said but I wonder if she got split up from whoever she was with. I’m curious to know if maybe she had met a friend at their apartment, left with them to go to the bar and then got separated. It looks like the security cam footage is from the parking garage at Good Samaritan Hospital, which isn’t too far from the bar.

It sounds like the guys were from Garrard Co but they haven’t said whether she got in her car from the parking garage or in another car. There are a lot of missing pieces.

I’m not sure which apartment complex her car was found at because they haven’t said but I wonder if she got split up from whoever she was with. I’m curious to know if maybe she had met a friend at their apartment, left with them to go to the bar and then got separated. It looks like the security cam footage is from the parking garage at Good Samaritan Hospital, which isn’t too far from the bar.

It sounds like the guys were from Garrard Co but they haven’t said whether she got in her car from the parking garage or in another car. There are a lot of missing pieces.
Do you think the apt was in walking distance?

So she could have been planning to spend the night with a friend or friends. Do most kids that live off campus live in the same area or are they spread out?

It just kind of depends. They do have a lot of off campus housing and apartments that you can rent on a shorter term basis for kids at UK. They usually fill up pretty fast though and then you just get in where you can fit in.

I definitely agree with you on that. My husband went for an interview in Louisville one time . I was scared and it was in the day time lol.

Haha! Yeh there are definitely parts of Louisville that I would be afraid to walk around in. They’re mostly in the downtown area past 7th street. It’s gotten really bad just in the past 10ish years or so.

Do you think the apt was in walking distance?

I’m not sure. That’s why I’m curious to know where her car was found. It’s possible. I don’t think it was though just because it doesn’t sound like she walked back to her car if it was parked at the apartment complex. I guess it would make sense for her to leave with someone under the pretenses of getting a ride back to her car if she were maybe split up from whoever she originally went out with.

It just kind of depends. They do have a lot of off campus housing and apartments that you can rent on a shorter term basis for kids at UK. They usually fill up pretty fast though and then you just get in where you can fit in.
Is it a college town? I went to college in a place where people rented houses together off campus. My apt was in an area that wasn't just students. If there is a house party would neighbors call the police over screaming or weird behavior?

Also, a lot of kids from Richmond and EKU come out to Lexington bc Madison Co, where they are, is considered “moist.” Lexington is in a wet county.

Lexington in general is not that safe, especially at night. There is always something going on that's not good. We lived there for a couple of years and decided enough was enough. Upon moving to Richmond at first, discovered our next door neighbors lived there before and was robbed at gunpoint.
I’m sorry you had a bad experience when living here! There are definitely areas of town that aren’t as safe of others, I was just referring to the area she was last seen. My husband & I have rental property we rent to college students next to The Other Bar & the only crime we’ve had at our apartments in the last decade are cars broken into when left unlocked.

Is it a college town? I went to college in a place where people rented houses together off campus. My apt was in an area that wasn't just students. If there is a house party would neighbors call the police over screaming or weird behavior?

Lexington is a huge college town. That’s where University of Kentucky is. It would kind of depend on where the apartment is located. Lexington is also a really big area

So she could have known the people she left with or knew them through a friend?

Sorry, my quote thing isn't working right .:) I know some poor kid's car got destroyed awhile back .One of the dealerships there gave him a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle