GUILTY KY - Serenity Ann McKinney, 4, found deceased, mom & bf refusing to cooperate, Shelby Co, 24 Dec 2020 *Arrests, 1 guilty*

Around 2 p.m. on Friday, detectives found the four year-old’s body in a wooded area near the 1300 block of Skyview Rd in West Point near the Jefferson-Bullitt Co. line, according to Kentucky State Police.
Serenity’s mother, 21-year-old Catherine McKinney of Shepherdsville and her boyfriend, 26-year-old Dakota Hill have been charged with murder and abuse of a corpse.

Both McKinney and Hill are in custody at Shelby Co. Detention Center after being charged for custodial interference by the SCSO.

Body of missing 4-year-old Shelby County girl found

Who told the truth? I'm sick to my stomach at the news. Even though we know what's coming. Hearing their body was found never gets easier :(

I'll wait for details, but I'm still holding the mom responsible for Serenity's death.

Even though we were afraid this would be the outcome, it hurts my heart and makes me so sad. A beautiful, innocent baby girl. I feel for the extended family members who became concerned and obviously loved Serenity and had been trying for so long to check on her. They must be devastated.

Abby is now listed as an inmate in the Shelby County Detention Center with charges of murder, abuse of a corpse, and custodial interference.
upload_2022-2-19_17-27-45.jpg

Charges
MURDER
Court Date
Court Type Status Offense Date Arrest Date Arresting Agency Bond Type Bond Amount
PENDING 2022-02-19 2022-02-19 KENTUCKY STATE POLICE 0.00
ABUSE OF CORPSE
Court Date
Court Type Status Offense Date Arrest Date Arresting Agency Bond Type Bond Amount
CUSTODIAL INTERFERENCE
Court Date
PENDING 2022-02-19 2022-02-19 OTHER AGENCY 250000.00

Other Info
Sched Release:
Middle Name: ABIGAIL
Suffix:
Alias:
Current Age: 21
Booking Date: 2/19/2022 7:08:00 PM
Date Released:
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 157 lbs
Hair Color: BROWN
Eye Color: BLUE
Race: WHITE
Sex: F
Arresting Officer: COOK
Badge: 795
Arresting Agency: KENTUCKY STATE POLICE
Arrest Date: 02/19/2022
Address: LOUISVILLE, KY
Zip: 40272
Inmate Classification: OTHER COUNTY
Bond Agency:

Welcome to the Shelby County Detention Center

A body matching the description of Serenity was found in a wooded area near the Jefferson County-Bullitt County line.

Trooper Sharp said the find was down to 'good old fashioned police work, using technology and collaboration with state police and the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office.'

Serenity's biological mother, Catherine "Abby" McKinney, and the mother's boyfriend, Dakota Hill, have been charged with murder and abuse of a corpse, officials confirmed to The Sun.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/4719195/serenity-mckinney-missing-woman-claims-in-suitcase/

I assumed someone confessed, but maybe not. Maybe they used cell phone locations to find Serenity.

A body matching the description of Serenity was found in a wooded area near the Jefferson County-Bullitt County line.

Trooper Sharp said the find was down to 'good old fashioned police work, using technology and collaboration with state police and the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office.'

Serenity's biological mother, Catherine "Abby" McKinney, and the mother's boyfriend, Dakota Hill, have been charged with murder and abuse of a corpse, officials confirmed to The Sun.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/4719195/serenity-mckinney-missing-woman-claims-in-suitcase/

I assumed someone confessed, but maybe not. Maybe they used cell phone locations to find Serenity.

There is a cell phone tower at that address!

From the link:

According to arrest warrants obtained by Fox3 Now through an open records request, the Shelby County Sherrif’s Office “learned of reports of suspected abuse and neglect by the defendant and co-defendant.

WHEN WILL THIS STOP? :(:mad::(

Rest in peace, precious Serenity.
t8545.gif

View attachment 334152

Charges
MURDER
Court Date
ABUSE OF CORPSE
Court Date
CUSTODIAL INTERFERENCE
Court Date
PENDING 2022-02-19 2022-02-19 OTHER AGENCY 250000.00

Other Info
Sched Release:
Middle Name: ABIGAIL
Suffix:
Alias:
Current Age: 21
Booking Date: 2/19/2022 7:08:00 PM
Date Released:
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 157 lbs
Hair Color: BROWN
Eye Color: BLUE
Race: WHITE
Sex: F
Arresting Officer: COOK
Badge: 795
Arresting Agency: KENTUCKY STATE POLICE
Arrest Date: 02/19/2022
Address: LOUISVILLE, KY
Zip: 40272
Inmate Classification: OTHER COUNTY
Bond Agency:

Welcome to the Shelby County Detention Center

She looks very vulnerable in that photo. But, her child was even more vulnerable.

Kentucky police recover body of 4-year-old girl who had been missing for more than a year | Daily Mail Online

"Police have found the body of a 4-year-old Kentucky girl that has been missing for more than a year, and have charged the girl's mother and her live-in boyfriend with the child's murder.

Slain Serenity McKinney's remains were found Friday in brush along a winding road lined by woods in West Point, Kentucky, after her disappearance on December 24 of 2020 had confounded Kentucky State police for nearly 14 months.

Serenity was not reported missing until more than a year later, by her grandparents, in January, after the girl's mother, Catherine McKinney skipped town, nixing contact with other family members and refusing to cooperate with police."

"Serenity was last seen at the family's home in Shelby County - about an hour from the section of road where she was discovered.

Authorities have not disclosed the details of the child's death, but the discovery does provide some closure as to her disappearance.

Police said that both McKinney and her boyfriend, Dakota Hill, 26, are facing murder charges following the discovery, and are currently in police custody.

The pair have also been charged with abuse of the preschooler's corpse."

Good eye. I certainly see what you see. Two bruises in the middle of her forehead. Children do not ask to be born. If you are a monster, use birth control. There are so many forms of it available, and some are even free!
Exactly. ^^^

No one is compelled to be a parent, it's a privilege.
If Serenity's mother didn't want her, let bio dad have her and if that wasn't an option --allow her to be adopted out to a loving family.
Imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back