GUILTY KY - Sheena Baxter, 32, Scott Co, 14 Feb 2020 *arrest*

COD will be determined when she is autopsied. The tweet below says her body was being sent for that this morning. Hopefully, some news on that soon. MOO

Chelsea Jones on Twitter
Coroner confirms that a body has been found at a storage facility not too far from where Joseph Hicks lives. Coroner says the body is wrapped in plastic, he could not confirm the identity at this time. Body is being sent for an autopsy in the morning. @WKYT

2:10 PM · Feb 25, 2020
We can’t put COD because news hasn’t released it.
There is at least one Missing Sheena Baxter FB.
Autopsy was early yesterday.

Last edited:
Where was Sheena and her 3 children living when she disappeared?
Several places have been mentioned where she “used to stay”?
RIP Sheena. Hopefully her children are with their fathers or other family members. Another woman killed by her ex. :(

I think I read at least three cases where the victim meets up with the ex-boyfriend and he kills her. Stephanie, Anita and Sheena. Do you think the ex already made up their mind before they meet up? Like maybe they try to get them to come back with them one last time and they say no and they decide to murder them? Or they lure them for that purpose from the get go. Or is it a spur of the moment thing?

What is it about men (and women, though less likely to happen) that they have to kill when their partners leave. Like is there some common signs? I am guessing these men are very sweet at the beginning then hit you, then say sorry and do nice things and the cycle repeats until the partner realize its time to get out.

I think I read at least three cases where the victim meets up with the ex-boyfriend and he kills her. Stephanie, Anita and Sheena. Do you think the ex already made up their mind before they meet up? Like maybe they try to get them to come back with them one last time and they say no and they decide to murder them? Or they lure them for that purpose from the get go. Or is it a spur of the moment thing?

What is it about men (and women, though less likely to happen) that they have to kill when their partners leave. Like is there some common signs? I am guessing these men are very sweet at the beginning then hit you, then say sorry and do nice things and the cycle repeats until the partner realize its time to get out.
Who knows. Once the aggression begins, I personally don’t think the aggressor will ever change. Some people, both men & women thrive on drama. WLEX had a recap at 5:30, digging into both Sheena & Joe’s FB posts. I’ll link once they update their page.

Family mourns death of Sheena Baxter
by WDKY News Staff
Homeless man found dead under I-75 overpass in Lexington
Thursday, February 27th 2020

Sheena Baxter disappeared on Friday and now her family asking anyone with information to help them find her.
email.svg

SCOTT CO., Ky. (WDKY) - Sheena Baxter's family is mourning her death after investigators confirmed her body was found Tuesday afternoon inside a storage facility in Richmond.

[PREVIOUS: Police confirm body found at storage facility is Sheena Baxter]

Family members tell us they're now working to find closure.

Or they lure them for that purpose from the get go. Or is it a spur of the moment thing?

Per DA, Sheena & Joe shared mutual conversation leading up to her disappearance. Great aunt was on the news last night (linked) and said the two spent a lot of time together & Sheena often stayed with Joe (paraphrased). So I don’t think he “lured” her. Obviously he had an anger management issue & did not need to be around anyone, imo. Bet his driving reflected his rage as well. Good riddance Joe.

If a man is beating you, you are in danger. For some reason, many women seem unable to process that very simple reality. If you are in an escalating cycle of abuse please get in touch with an organization that understands how to help you.
Sadly, there is no help if the woman (or man) does not want it. I know a gal that attended school with Sheena that is in the same type relationship. She’s dif’ than Sheena as she went on to graduate from UK, had a very prestigious career (yes, had), comes from a well to do, well known “old” family. For eleven years she’s been involved with a loser. One or the other is constantly under arrest, she fights like he77 & has hurt him severely. About once a month both say “it is over, I’ll never see him/her again.” That lasts appx 3-4 days, then they are in love. When I hear sirens going past at specific times, I find myself wondering if she’s okay. Her family is desperate, but they have no control over her. Ultimately her police record/reports cost her her job, not so much the reports but the fact she was not reliable as she was constantly needed in court or at the PD. I think she will live her life (however long it may be) entangled with him. She seems to find it exhilarating, imo. Her dad offered the guy a substantial sum of money to go away......, but the guy has no need for money as he owns a very lucrative biz.

MOO I was briefly in a relationship where I was leaving him and I was scared he might kill me for leaving. Until then, the thought never crossed my mind, it was like some brain fog that won't let you see the reality of how dangerous someone is and when you leave you see it better. He offered to let me come to his house to get my stuff. I bought new stuff and looked over my shoulder for years.

He must have stashed her body somewhere long enough to file the fake report and then moved her. Its sickening to think of him wrapping her up in plastic. Hes an animal.

UGH! I don’t think any of us sleuths thought this would end well especially upon learning about the ex, but it still is heart wrenching regardless. I am so so sorry for her loved ones. They have to carry this with them for the rest of their lives and that weight is so heavy :(

In Memory of
Sheena
Denish
Baxter
(Crumley)

Obituary for Sheena Denish Baxter (Crumley)
Sheena Denish Baxter, 32, passed away on Friday, February 14th, 2020. She was born on March 6th, 1987 in Lexington, Kentucky, daughter of [REDACTED] and the late [REDACTED]. In addition to her father, Sheena is survived by her three daughters, [REDACTED]; her sister, CC; her brother, [REDACTED]; her grandmother, [REDACTED]; one niece, [REDACTED]; two nephews, [REDACTED]. Sheena’s Celebration of Life Service will be held at a later date.

https://johnsonsfuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/4121071/Baxter-Sheena/obit.php?&printable=true

Rest peacefully, Sheena.
g40001.gif

News

I can’t open the article (paywall), but the DA has spoken.

“The body of Sheena Baxter, 32, mother of three young daughters was recovered Tuesday evening from a storage facility in Richmond, police said.”

“The storage facility was near the home of Joseph Eugene Hicks, 53, a truck driver and the ex-boyfriend of Baxter. Earlier Tuesday, a press conference was held at the Georgetown Police Department announcing a special grand jury had been convened and returned a six-count indictment against Hicks, including a count for Baxter’s murder.”

“Hicks was indicted by the grand jury on six counts including murder, first-degree robbery, possession of a handgun by a convicted felon, tampering with physical evidence, criminal mischief and falsely reporting an incident. Court reports state Hicks had previously been charged in 1999 with first degree rape, which was amended to sexual assault, first degree and a charge of failure to comply with sex offender registry in 2012, as well as various theft charges.”

“At 9:03 p.m. Valentine’s Day, Hicks pulled into the Speedway on Darby Drive with a gunshot wound to his wrist. He told police a large black man attempted to rob him in the Walmart parking lot and he was shot during the struggle. Police determined Hick’s story was not true and Walmart and other nearby video cameras showed Hicks never entered the Walmart parking lot.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back