KY - Tina Zamora, 37, shot to death, Lebanon Junction, 15 Jan 2015

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by bflocket, Jan 16, 2015.

1. bflocket

bflocket Well-Known Member

This happened in Lebanon Junction, which isn't too far from me. It's just inside the Bullitt County line from Nelson County (albeit the far western part of the county).

It has been said that he was in Central State Hospital (mental) until just before this happened.

His family/friends were quick to judge people who were judging him (per some of the comments, at least on WAVE-3). But that's what happens when you can comment on a news story. They're filled with cynicism/sarcasm or downright meanness from complete strangers who think they know everything.

Man charged in Lebanon Junction murder, victim identified (WAVE-3, Louisville, KY)

Bullitt County mother killed, gunman arrested (WKYT, Lexington, KY)

2. Loading...

3. bflocket

Bullitt County man faces charges in murder of a Lebanon Junction woman (WDRB FOX-41, Louisville, KY)

Police are investigating the murder of a Lebanon Junction woman (WHAS-11, Louisville, KY)

Autopsy scheduled for woman police say was shot by teen (WLKY-32, Louisville, KY)

4. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

"Accused of killing" doesn't yet mean "kills woman."

5. bflocket

There's no doubt that he killed her. The main issue I see is that he was getting mental treatment recently and I am not sure he was ready to be released. But no "diagnosis" was given so I don't know if they knowingly released a dangerous/delusional person or whether anyone could have seen this coming. Insurance is picky about how you're treated. If he didn't have insurance... Who knows???
    The same mental illnesses affect each individual differently, no matter what diagnosis it is.

I think it was probably out-of-character for him to break into somewhere and steal something (i.e. the gun), let alone become violent toward others.

6. bflocket

Family: Teen murder suspect had mental issues (WAVE-3, Louisville, KY)

7. bflocket

Officer, friend of murder victim delivers news of her death to her children (WAVE-3, Louisville, KY)

Judge sets $1 million bond for Bullitt Co. teen accused of murdering mother of three (WDRB FOX-41, Louisville, KY)

Families face quandary when mental illness strikes adult member (WAVE-3, Louisville, KY)