GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

KY - Two killed, 14 injured in Marshall County HS shooting, 23 Jan 2018 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by Tulessa, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Ironhorse

Ironhorse Active Member

I do know the name of the shooter but I will not say at present. He is a juvenile.

Lots and lots of rumors are floating about, most of them are inaccurate.
    What is known and is not in question, the student was bullied by his peers.

2. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

I downloaded his entire IG and there is not one swatzika on it

3. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

I couldn't find his account, but the pictures I saw elsewhere do not include this, either.

I think it was likely fueled by an unhappy home situation and a lot of bullying.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4. Ironhorse

Ironhorse Active Member

Well I'm certainly heartbroken for all the families effected by this horrible tragedy. I sincerely hope this brings attention to those who bully other students. Kids will poke fun at one another that's to be expected, but things can be taken too far. Do that and you can push someone over the edge and they'll retaliate in the most vicious and horrible manner.

5. Tawny

Tawny Bye

TBH, I won't be surprised to hear there's domestic abuse in the home. That's pure speculation at this point.

6. MzOpinion8d

MzOpinion8d On Time Out

Here's what I don't get: if my kid was being bullied and it kept on happening despite attempts to make it stop, why don't the parents pull their kid out of that school? You can't just keep hoping it's going to get better. If he was being bullied and he felt like no one was on his side, it's no wonder he started shooting people.

7. rohnalak

rohnalak New Member

One Marshall County High School student took to Facebook to speak about the tragedy, saying: “It’s crazy how you go from laughing with your friends to hearing several gunshots back to back in the next hallway. No one knows what to do we all just look at each other waiting for someone else to say something.

https://crimeola.com/kentucky-high-school-shooting-update/

Where the world is going, How can a 15-year-old do this?

8. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

It wouldn't surprise me either. Or at a minimum, not a good home life in some way. Very very sad.

9. Stippling

Stippling Well-Known Member

The accused juvenile's mom worked for a local online newspaper in the community. She reportedly was sent to cover the shooting as a reporter and did not know the full story until she arrived at the scene. The suspect's name has not been released through any official sources.

10. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/25/us/kentucky-school-shooting/index.html
    Bailey Holt's cell phone rang incessantly, but the 15-year-old didn't answer.

A mass shooting had just started at her Kentucky high school. Bailey's mother panicked at hearing the news and kept trying to reach her daughter, but to no avail.
    Finally, Bailey called her mom back. It was one of the final acts of her young life.
    "She called me, and all I could here was voices, chaos in the background," her mother Secret Holt told CNN affiliate WKRN. "She couldn't say anything, and I tried to call her name over and over and over, and she never responded." ....

[​IMG] Bailey Holt and Preston Cope

Attached Files:

11. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

So very, very sad.

12. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Oh how awful.

13. Inthedetails

I repeat the same words I posted in the post above:

Oh how awful.

14. Ibiz

Ibiz Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

Absolutely awful.

15. human

human Well-Known Member

Remember Columbine 20 years ago. It goes on and on and on and on ad infinitum.

16. Inthedetails

I do remember! And I remember as a kid home from school one day and there was breaking news coverage of a school shooting. I was so scared, though it was several states away. It was what everyone talked about. Now....another day, another school shooting. Another bullied kid, another kid with access to guns, another school and town in distress, more families in pain.

17. cujenn81

cujenn81 Well-Known Member

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

18. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

I get what you’re saying, but the law requires kids go to school so you can’t just pull them out. Although, if my kid was being bullied and the school didn’t take action I would pull my kid out and I wouldn’t care if I was breaking the law or not.

19. Inthedetails

Actually, the law requires a child be educated. That education does not need to happen in a school. Homeschooling is a legal option, should families want to leave the school. Just pointing that out.

20. Stippling

Stippling Well-Known Member

Reports, apparently based on based on social media posts, that the suspect's father had died the previous day are incorrect. Birth father very much alive.