Identified! KY - Wayne Co, Edwards Mtn, WhtMale Adult, UP77077, healed fracture Rt maxilla & nasal bone, Jul'20 - Jerry Rainwater

Melt71

Reaction score
www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/77077

Case Information
Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case NumberMEC2020-0568
Demographics
Sex Male
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Adult
Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found July 24, 2020
NamUs Case Created January 13, 2021
Location Found Map
Location Kentucky
County Wayne County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Found On Tribal Land No
Circumstances of Recovery KSP and Wayne Co S.O. recovered a skull in Edwards mountain area of Wayne Co, KY.
Details of Recovery Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Distinctive Physical Features Healed fracture of the right maxilla and nasal bone.

Probably Jerry Rainwater?

I think this must be the same remains even though there is a discrepancy of the month (July/August). They're not too far apart and I doubt many "partial skeletal remains" are found on Edwards Mountain very often. There is a story in the Somerset paper (Commonwealth-Journal) from 8/7/2020 that mentions that skeletal remains found "last month" were going to be sent out of state to be examined.

Remains Confirmed to Belong to A Missing Wayne County Man

A human skull discovered two years ago has been confirmed to be that of Jerry D. Rainwater, who was last seen on July 2nd, 2019 in Monticello. The skull was found in the Edwards Mountain area of Wayne County in early August of 2020.
At the time of his disappearance, it was believed Rainwater was driving a silver minivan toward the VA Medical Hospital in Lexington or the Georgia-Florida state line to buy a vehicle.

Should this go from "resolved" to "identified?" I thought "resolved" was usually used for what turned out to ancient remains and not a missing person...

Rest in peace, Jerry. :(

re:
Remains Confirmed to Belong to A Missing Wayne County Man
At the time of his disappearance, it was believed Rainwater was driving a silver minivan toward the VA Medical Hospital in Lexington or the Georgia-Florida state line to buy a vehicle. The case has been turned over to the Kentucky State Police for further investigation.

The bones weren't on any route between either of those places and his home.

I wonder if this could have been some kind of vengeance for whatever put him on the sex-offender registry. And I wonder if the fact that he was listed there will keep law enforcement from trying to figure out why parts of him were found on Edwards Mountain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back