Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2017-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
She appeared to adore her child and made her the focus before Kyron disappeared. She took a photo of her daughter with Kyron's schoolmates and posted that on Kyron's birthday. Child was center stage. Kyron wasn't pictured.
Respectfully snipped by me.

I'm sure the photo is on some of the older threads, but for anyone who hasn't seen it I'll add it below.

It always bothered me. IIRC, she said he was in the bathroom.

Attachments

• Kyron's Class Minus Kyron.jpg
    Kyron's Class Minus Kyron.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 95
Respectfully snipped by me. Kyron went missing on the 4th and by the 6th they were beginning interviews with everyone who was at the school that morning.

It was on the 14th--only 10 days after Kyron's disappearance--that they publicly announced his disappearance had become a criminal investigation.

Remember, by then:

♦Terri had been polygraphed 3 times
→1st•6-7-10•Failed
→2nd•6-10-10•Did not complete
→3rd•6-20-10•Failed

And Kaine and Desiree had also been polygraphed and passed.

Here is a snipped quote from an article in the Oregonian dated June 6, 2010:

Snipped: "Detectives will begin interviewing everyone who was at Skyline Elementary School when Kyron Horman disappeared as the search for the missing second-grader moves into its third day."
Kyron Horman disappearance: Skyline school parents and students will be interviewed Sunday - oregonlive.com

And here is a second snipped quote, also from the Oregonian, dated June 14, 2019:

Snipped: "The case -- which had centered on locating a missing child -- is now a criminal investigation with an offer of a $25,000 reward for tips that lead to finding him."
Authorities continue search for person seen struggling in Columbia River

One last tiny thought. Does anyone think a young girl returning to the very place where her brother disappeared with out a trace and ripped her family apart had any fear there? Even if her mother was the monster that caused this she could come back and do the same thing to her. I will never understand that decision.

Just like Kyron's teacher was deaf in one ear and got the date for Kyron's doctor's appointment confused.

Do you have any confirmation that TMH is deaf in one ear?
‘I didn’t kill my stepson:’ Terri Horman in first public interview since Portland boy’s disappearance
There are many articles stating she is deaf. I had forgotten his teacher was also deaf in one ear, the same teacher that had no paper work, no sign out sheet, a clear view of Kyron's backpack and jacket in his cubby and was also responsible for the science fair. She was perhaps the first person that failed Kyron period. I assumed he was.....is not an excuse.

Why shouldn't he have his child attend the school he considered a good school for his son? He knows the school had nothing to do with the disappearance. I would do the same if it were my child. Don't worry, there are plenty of protections in place so that "monster" can't do it again. I believe the school has a protection order against TH, for a start.

TH is the only one who says she's deaf. Is there any medical documentation stating this as fact?
TH claimed the teacher was confused because of her hearing impairment, and then turned around and made up a hearing impairment of her own!

The teacher did nothing wrong. She was led to believe that TH took Kyron with her for an appointment. How do you know there was nothing indicating that?

Kids leave their stuff in the classroom, including over the weekend, all the time (retired teacher here.) If you see their stuff in the room, you just think, "Oh, kid left their stuff again."

Why shouldn't he have his child attend the school he considered a good school for his son? He knows the school had nothing to do with the disappearance. I would do the same if it were my child. Don't worry, there are plenty of protections in place so that "monster" can't do it again. I believe the school has a protection order against TH, for a start.

TH is the only one who says she's deaf. Is there any medical documentation stating this as fact?
TH claimed the teacher was confused because of her hearing impairment, and then turned around and made up a hearing impairment of her own!

The teacher did nothing wrong. She was led to believe that TH took Kyron with her for an appointment. How do you know there was nothing indicating that?

Kids leave their stuff in the classroom, including over the weekend, all the time (retired teacher here.) If you see their stuff in the room, you just think, "Oh, kid left their stuff again."
Well your post starts with why shouldn't HE have his child.... My post was about what would a 6 year old girl feel. It is not about Kaine it is about a little girl. Little girls and boys are already for the most part anxious about the separation from home.

It is strange to me that you would want documentation on her deafness? This illustrates a point that I made earlier that anything TH says is dismissed. It does not matter what she says. People want her to talk and if she does it is immediately dismissed. I am going to step away from this thread for awhile and I wish you all to continue to want to know what happened to this sweet little boy.

Well that is disturbing. I would hope that we can all have differing opinions without attacking each other or violating the rules. Seems to me that the overarching theme on this thread is that we all passionately want Kyron home. Who caused his disappearance isn't as important as finding him, IMO.

I'm sure the photo is on some of the older threads, but for anyone who hasn't seen it I'll add it below.

It always bothered me. IIRC, she said he was in the bathroom.
I never knew TH posted this...
Nonetheless no picture of Kyron...
Nonetheless posted for Kyrons birthday...

TH failed polygraph tests. She wrote emails about how much she hated Kyron, before he disappeared.

She gave up custody of her infant daughter. She has not seen her in years.

The custody order states she would have nothing more than short visits twice per month, strictly supervised, but only if and when a psychologist deemed her daughter ready for such visits and only after she did parenting courses. She would never get anything more until and unless she underwent a psychological custody evaluation.

She never did that because it would necessitate answering questions about Kyron and the murder plot.

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/Horman-custody.pdf

There is no evidence she ever saw her daughter again after Kaine initially got custody and she dropped her initial bid for contact in 2010. Not even after this subsequent order.

She moved to CA in 2016.

I'm a family law attorney and have discussed this extensively on this thread.

She killed her step son.

In all my years I've never seen anyone but hardcore drug addicts, severely mentally ill people, criminals or people who don't love their kids much, give up rights to their children.

She appeared to adore her child and made her the focus before Kyron disappeared. She took a photo of her daughter with Kyron's schoolmates and posted that on Kyron's birthday. Child was center stage. Kyron wasn't pictured.

She fought at first but dropped the fight to avoid answering questions that could incriminate her.

In my experience no mother would willingly give up custody to avoid incrimination if they're innocent. Unless they weren't that involved to begin with.

There are many reasons I believe she's guilty. That's the main one.

No innocent parent would abandon their infant child for fear of incrimination. They'd do anything to be there for their baby.
Thank you for posting this.
I never knew the picture was posted or even in existence.
Sad.....

One last tiny thought. Does anyone think a young girl returning to the very place where her brother disappeared with out a trace and ripped her family apart had any fear there? Even if her mother was the monster that caused this she could come back and do the same thing to her. I will never understand that decision.
She was only 18 months old at the time.

However, wasn't there a restraining in existence stating something to the effect of TMH not being able to go anywhere near Skyline? I'm not sure if it was ever dropped--hopefully someone can enlighten me.

Couple of quotes:
Snipped: "In addition, the court filing stated that a clerk at a gym frequented by the Hormans said Terri came there on about June 28, before the restraining order was in place, and tried to abduct Kiara Hormon, in the words of the gym worker. Terri reportedly asked specifically when Kaine was there working out and to let her know the next time he appeared. The clerk told the manager what happened and the manager then contacted police."
Kyron's father wants step-mom Terri to leave home sooner

Snipped: "A judge has barred the stepmother of a missing 7-year-old Portland boy from contact with her children and from access to firearms, further isolating her from the investigation into Kyron Horman's disappearance."
Judge imposes restraining order against stepmom of missing Ore. boy: no contact with her kids

‘I didn’t kill my stepson:’ Terri Horman in first public interview since Portland boy’s disappearance
There are many articles stating she is deaf. I had forgotten his teacher was also deaf in one ear, the same teacher that had no paper work, no sign out sheet, a clear view of Kyron's backpack and jacket in his cubby and was also responsible for the science fair. She was perhaps the first person that failed Kyron period. I assumed he was.....is not an excuse.
I was hoping for something a little more substantial than just her word, iykwim?

Yes, the same teacher that had an email from TMH excusing Kyron.

I too thought there was a restraining order from the school so that TH couldn't be near the school. So I went and searched for that restraining order.

Lol! As usual I got sidetracked...

However, I found something most interesting. I am posting a statement from a judge. Many of you are probably already familiar with this statement, but, there may be others on here who haven't read it before.

The Judge who refused to grant TH a name change:

"Your connection to the Kyron Horman disappearance is something of great public interest,'' Garrison said. "There are folks that say that you have nothing to do with it. There are others that think that you have. ... As long as this matter remains unsolved, unresolved and until more information is given by you about that, it doesn't seem to be in the public's interest to change your name.''

There is other information in this article that is equally interesting.

Terri Horman talks about Kyron: 'He needs to be found ... I want him home more than anything.' (Audio) - oregonlive.com

TH failed polygraph tests. She wrote emails about how much she hated Kyron, before he disappeared.

She gave up custody of her infant daughter. She has not seen her in years.

The custody order states she would have nothing more than short visits twice per month, strictly supervised, but only if and when a psychologist deemed her daughter ready for such visits and only after she did parenting courses. She would never get anything more until and unless she underwent a psychological custody evaluation.

She never did that because it would necessitate answering questions about Kyron and the murder plot.

There is no evidence she ever saw her daughter again after Kaine initially got custody and she dropped her initial bid for contact in 2010. Not even after this subsequent order.

She moved to CA in 2016.

I'm a family law attorney and have discussed this extensively on this thread.

She killed her step son.

In all my years I've never seen anyone but hardcore drug addicts, severely mentally ill people, criminals or people who don't love their kids much, give up rights to their children.

She fought at first but dropped the fight to avoid answering questions that could incriminate her.

In my experience no mother would willingly give up custody to avoid incrimination if they're innocent. Unless they weren't that involved to begin with.

There are many reasons I believe she's guilty. That's the main one.

No innocent parent would abandon their infant child for fear of incrimination. They'd do anything to be there for their baby.
Thanks for the link you provided. It clearly answers all my questions. I just wish I would have clicked on it sooner. :oops:

Quoted Section Below, Beginning Line 7, Page 4, Dated June 4, 2014:

3. Civil Order of Restraint
Until further order of the court or written agreement of the parties, the following terms apply to the parties’ contact with each other.

A. Each party is restrained (prohibited) from intimidating, molesting, interfering with or menacing the other, or attempting to intimidate, molest, interfere with or menace the other directly or through third parties.

B. Respondent is restrained (prohibited) from entering or attempting to enter, or remaining in the area within 150 feet of the building and land at the following locations:

1) Petitioner’s residence: [Redacted by me]
2) Petitioner’s place of employment: [Redacted by me]
3) The Edge Gym, 16365 NW Twin Oaks Drive, Beaverton, Oregon 97006; or
4) Skyline Elementary School, 11536 NW Skyline Boulevard, Portland, Oregon 97231

C. Neither party shall knowingly be within 150 feet of the other, except as recommended by the parent reunification coordinator. If both parties arrive at the same location, such as a store or event, the second to arrive must immediately leave.

D. Except as otherwise set out in this Order or as recommended by the parent reunification coordinator, each party is restrained (prohibited) from:
1) Contacting or attempting to contact the other party in person directly or through third parties;
2) Contacting or attempting to contact the other party by mail, e-mail or any other electronic transmission; and
3) Contacting or attempting to contact the other party by telephone, including cell phone or text message directly or through third parties.

E. Except as recommended by the parent reunification coordinator, Respondent is restrained (prohibited) from entering, attempting to enter, or remaining at:
1) The child’s current or future day care provider, or removing the child from day care; and

2) The child’s current or future school, or removing the child from school.http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/Horman-custody.pdf

When did she "voluntarily give up her child"? She was first separated from her due to the restraining order in July- and I'll give it to you that her lawyers didn't immediately contest it- but every article since October 2010 (when she began petitioning for custody) shows that she’s pursued custody or reunification.

Please correct me if I’m wrong though!
There was the following in 2013 which preceded the final custody order in 2014. The article in itself is interesting as it shows the spin of what a lot of money paid for the services of a very fine attorney can buy.

Snipped quote: "An attorney for Terri Moulton Horman has filed a motion to withdraw her request for visitation of her young daughter. Judge Meisenheimer s office confirms the motion was filed on Tuesday"
Terri Horman withdraws visitation request for daughter

Remember DY cut ties with him in the fall after Kyron went missing because of things she had found out. We don't know what that was.

This might help with knowing "what that was". If I were in Desiree's place, I can't imagine how I'd feel finding out about the peril my 7-year-old child faced everyday, in his own home; and yet I was informed of nothing.

I can certainly understand her reasoning and simply applaud her ability to be so courteous.

Desiree has also said publicly (although I can't find a working link for it currently) that she didn't even know about Horman's 2005 DUI and reckless endangerment of another, who turned out to be Horman's 11-year-old (at the time) biological son.

Snipped quote: "The reason, said Young, was because she is "disappointed in the choices that he's making." Asked by Today Show anchor Meredith Viera about Kaine's divorce document allegations of Terri being visibly impaired from alcohol several times a week and passing out on the couch, Young said she's never been aware there were such problems.

"We learned of all of this information after the fact and from the media. He had several opportunities to let Tony and I know what was going on in the house and he did not. He had several opportunities to make the right choice and either let me know or remove Kyron from the house, I would have removed Kyron from the house if I would have known what was going on," Young said."

Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, appears solo on Today Show saying Terri Horman had 'severe hatred for Kyron' - oregonlive.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff