Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2017/ New Search July

Discussion in 'Kyron Horman' started by matou, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Truth Prevails

Truth Prevails Well-Known Member

It certainly was interesting to me. I had never heard of that case before, so thank you so much for the mention.

The possible similarities to Kyron's case in both motive and execution of the crime are numerous.

Something outstanding to me is the medical examiner in Scotty's case stating it would have taken only 5 to 10 minutes for Scotty to die.

Scotty was 10-years-old and appears in pictures to have been a bit more robust than Kyron. Kyron was 7-years-of-age, not quite 4-feet tall and weighed only 50-pounds. He was a sweet, obedient child.

From all accounts, TMHV began to exit the school immediately after the 8:45 am bell rang. Google Maps tells us it is (approximately) a 5-mile, 8-minute drive from the school to the 1st Fred Myer store where law enforcement has TMHV on video. Law enforcement won't confirm a time for us, but TMHV has told us she has a receipt showing her check-out time was 9:12 am.

The 5-minute to 10-minute time required to do a terrible, unretractable deed is there. Barely, maybe, but it's there.

The friend? If she was in the parking lot area of the school that morning between 8:15 am and 8:45 am--playing tic tac toe with vehicles--could the reason have been to save a few moments of time?

Her vehicle was apparently seen parked in the small employee parking area at the farm where she was employed to plant flowers by 9:00 am. Google Maps shows that it is (approximately) a 4-mile, 8-minute drive from the school to the farm.

Her vehicle purportedly stayed parked in the same spot until her quitting time; however, it is strongly suggested--but unconfirmed--that she left her place of employment later in the morning and reappeared around 1:00 pm. Her known cell phone was reported to have been inexplicably left inside her vehicle all day--and she is/was the type to carry her cell phone on her person at all times.

2. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

Wasn't the big news that Kyron's mother is writing a book? I think it's due to be available soon. And also that the believed search area has been narrowed down. IMO. Come home soon Kyron.

Breathe, La Louve, Quiet Time and 7 others like this.
  3. Skully

Skully Well-Known Member

Look, I agree that anything is possible. I just have a hard time thinking DeDe showed up at the school that morning and risked being seen for a kidnapping and murder. I see bad things happen to kids all the time, but this is different. There is no body, no sign of a murder, like a fire in the other case and a body. I do think he may have been passed off, they could have arranged that, but anything is possible. Thanks for sharing. I will read her book when it comes out. Maybe I will look at things different. IDK.

Breathe, La Louve, bluenoser and 6 others like this.
  4. sketchyjen33

sketchyjen33 Active Member

I agree with Truth....the similarities are very strange. But I want to believe that, like KH, he's out there alive somewhere because they haven't found anything of his. Has anyone read the books that included the character that had the name that she wanted to take for her own?

5. Truth Prevails

I've only read "Burn" in the 19 or so book series by Nevada Barr. That one book is a disturbing read because not only is it about a child sex slave ring, but Claire Sullivan is running from the law because she is charged with the murder of her own two children. Of course, Claire Sullivan winds up a big hero because she finds and saves her two children as well as the children of others, and she breaks up the child sex ring.

There is also another book with a character called Claire Sullivan (same spelling if I have my information correct). It's titled "A Call In The Night" by Susan Howatch. This one was written in the late 1960's and is not available in e-book format. I haven't read it, but I've heard it's about Claire Sullivan searching for her missing sister. So, it sounds a little tamer to me.

Breathe, watcher9, La Louve and 5 others like this.
  6. osu

osu Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Breathe, watcher9, La Louve and 9 others like this.
  7. osu

osu Well-Known Member

Yes, DDS’s father was the police chief of Klamath Falls, OR.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Breathe, watcher9, La Louve and 6 others like this.
  8. osu

osu Well-Known Member

BBM
    Probably the reason that information wasn’t listed on Kyron’s missing poster is because LE didn’t know at the time of the missing poster that he’d been seen leaving the school with TMH.

According to Desiree, that information came out later from eyewitness accounts who were at the school that day and from forensic data examination.

The first we’ve heard of Kyron being seen leaving the school that morning with TMH was during Desiree Young’s podcast interview on June 4, 2019.

JMO

9. ReadySet

ReadySet Well-Known Member

bbm
    The reason they found sign of a fire and a body in the Scotty Baker case is because the accomplice talked. In Kyron's case, no one has talked.

10. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

The day Kyron disappeared was intentional , jmo. Anyone knows how hectic science fair days are at school. That day was chosen for a reason. It was not a random stranger abduction.

Breathe, watcher9, La Louve and 14 others like this.
  11. osu

osu Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

She knew that day would be chaotic.
    She knew there would be a lot of new faces in the gym.
    She knew the teachers and staff would be overwhelmed.
    She knew by being at the gym they’d have easy access to slip out the back doors that lead to the parking lot.
    She knew there would be a lot of people/cars coming and going and she could take Kyron and leave unnoticed.

June 4, 2010 was handpicked to accomplish two things. To get rid of Kyron and to try to the hold the school responsible for his disappearance.

JMO

Breathe, watcher9, La Louve and 16 others like this.
  12. bykerladi

bykerladi Well-Known Member

Please remind me: When TH said Kyron had a doctor's appointment did she say that verbally or was there a written note? Has she ever explained this?

13. Skully

Skully Well-Known Member

I believe she told his teacher and she told this to LE during the investigation. LE never released whether or not this was true.

Breathe, Laughing and watcher9 like this.
  14. Skully

Skully Well-Known Member

Once again, she created confusion and tried to gain time before anyone knew he was missing.

Laughing, watcher9, La Louve and 2 others like this.
  15. Truth Prevails

Desiree says there is an email which TMHV sent to Kyron's teacher confirming the doctor's appointment for June 4, 2010.

Did TMHV ever explain? Sure, she said the teacher was deaf in one ear and got everything confused.

She certainly seems to favor the "deaf in one ear" excuse, doesn't she? Years later she offered it as her own excuse for failing two polys and walking out on one given in between the two failed ones.

Laughing, watcher9, byo and 4 others like this.
  16. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

I love the messages she writes to her, Desiree will never give up ...

Breathe, Laughing, misgrn and 5 others like this.
  17. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

Totally agree, she carefully planned his disappearance and in her arrogance assumed the school would be blamed. She would be able to play the victim, and gain financially from a lawsuit. Who knows what she planned long range, but I don't think it involved staying with Kaine.

Even though we don't know where Kyron is, I do gain some satisfaction that ultimately her plan blew up in her face. She may not be in prison, but she is in hiding of sorts. Desiree makes sure we all know where she is and what she's doing.

Breathe, Laughing, watcher9 and 2 others like this.
  18. bluenoser

bluenoser Hello from Nova Scotia

While I truly believe it was Terri's doing with the help of her friend..if she previously allegedly wanted Kane killed first, why not just leave? In the end it was Kyron. Why not try to send him back to Desiree or again, just take her baby and leave? Any one understand her logic? Also, was it said if the sick babu was brought into the school or left n the truck? With who? DeDe? My memory has severely faded lol

19. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

A sociopath's brain does not work like our's. Logic has no bearing in what she planned or carried out.
    Profile of the Sociopath

Terri, is 49 and on her fourth marriage, she was married twice before Kaine. She was/is, never able to successfully carry out anything in her life long term; a business plan, teaching career, friendships, marriages. Nothing lasts in her life. I believe she was trying to set herself up for financial gain. Remember, grandiosity is a hallmark of a sociopath.

20. Truth Prevails

TMHV did try--and succeeded--in getting Desiree to approach Kaine about having Kyron come live with her. That failed; Kaine told Desiree that was not going to happen.

According to court documents that became public during their divorce hearings, TMHV was drinking heavily and passing out on the couch leaving her 18-month-old awake and unattended. She was unemployed and probably unemployable at the time, due to her drinking.

Kaine is a formidable opponent, (unlike the former two husbands), and I think TMHV realized she would be lucky to gain even joint custody. That would have been unacceptable to her--and that is the only part in all of this where she did not get what she wanted.

Where was the 18-month old? Many, many witnesses and Kaine place the baby with TMHV in the school and running the "errands" with TMHV that morning. That is some of the reason TMHV was allowed zero custody of her daughter. Kaine and the authorities believe that the 18-month old may have witnessed something terrible that morning.