Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2017/ New Search July

Discussion in 'Kyron Horman' started by matou, Jul 8, 2017.

1. PezCandy

PezCandy With brave wings she flys

Where is Kyron? After all this time there’s no evidence where he might be. It’s terribly sad. :(

2. ReadySet

ReadySet Well-Known Member

I don't think you need to wonder what people are going to do in that event.
    Terri, where is Kyron?

3. Vern

Vern Well-Known Member

Well, for the sake of Kyron, I hope you're right.

IMO, if you are wrong then we've all been wasting a lot of time, energy and resources looking in one concrete direction and, if that's the case, it may be very difficult to ever get Kyron home and find him some justice.

That's what this is about for me. Finding Kyron and getting him justice and that means, IMO, that ALL scenarios and possibilities need to be considered and investigated. If one gets on the wrong path to their goal of reaching Point Z and insists on keeping that path without looking for another way, odds are they'll never reach their goal.

Unfortunately with this case, the path seems extremely well worn and I happen to be of the opinion that that is not good for Kyron.

Where is Kyron? Kyron, where are you?

Trident, watcher9, Laughing and 7 others like this.
  4. sketchyjen33

sketchyjen33 Active Member

so, if they did go back to the drawing board....where would you start? Since there were no cameras in the school how could we know who was there and who wasn't? From what I hear, you have to start with the person that saw him last....and as far as I know, that is still only TH (unless you count his friend who says he saw him and talked to him). We'll never know if there were people in the school that weren't supposed to be there because there was no sign-in or cameras in place. And if it was just some Joe off the street, then poor Kyron may never make it home. It truly is like a hole opened up and he fell in. Maybe believing what DY has said about Kyron not being trusting of anyone he didn't know, has put a spin on this case. Maybe someone had just the right story or was able to just grab him with no sound being made, while inside a school, with parents all around. Stranger abduction just seems really hard to swallow because it was inside a school and the more I research, abduction by a family member just seems more likely. JMHO

5. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

MAR 24, 2020
    Case of Kyron Horman, Portland boy who disappeared in 2010, will be featured on ‘In Pursuit With John Walsh’

[​IMG]

... The Horman case will be covered in a segment on Wednesday’s “In Pursuit With John Walsh,” an Investigation Discovery series that tries to find missing children and fugitives.

[...]

(How to stream “In Pursuit With John Walsh”: Live stream on Hulu + Live TV; fuboTV; or Sling TV)

[...]

“In Pursuit With John Walsh” airs at 10 p.m. Wednesday, March 25 on Investigation Discovery.

watcher9, neverletgo, Emi and 12 others like this.
  6. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

This is such a high profile case, so shouldn't the title of this thread be updated? Maybe more people would follow and comment here if they didn't confuse it for an old thread and realized it's actually the current discussion thread. I don't know how to make this suggestion to the right mod, though. Anyone?

HayLouise, watcher9, lstrel and 4 others like this.
  7. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

@PommyMommy If you (or anyone here) watches the John Walsh special you posted about above, please comment about it. Any information you hadn't heard, anything new, interesting, of note? (I'm unable to watch). Thanks.

sindydee, HayLouise, watcher9 and 6 others like this.
  8. EllaMae

EllaMae Well-Known Member

All scenarios were considered in the beginning of this case. LE did an extremely thorough investigation, and there were other POIs in the early days but these people were ruled out. They did not fixate on TMH. They considered every possibility and investigated everyone who was in that school on the day Kyron went missing. Their investigation was exhaustive and was run parallel....which means they looked at Kyron's family while looking at other suspects and considering other possibilities. TMH became the focus because she was seen leaving with Kyron, and she has no alibi for around an hour and a half that morning. She also had a motive, and she certainly had opportunity. Her behavior has not been that of a grieving stepmom....one who loved a child who was now missing.

TMH is the prime POI for a number of reasons, and all of them are solid.

9. Vern

Vern Well-Known Member

Well, I must have missed the critical piece of bolded information (and much that follows it). Can you please link me to the Law Enforcement source for that critical bit? Not Desiree, but an official LE source. Heck, I'd even take a statement from Kaine as a source being that he is actually the legal next of kin for information release purposes.

Also a link to where an LE source indicates that they have absolutely ruled out any third party abductor from the picture would help with your assertation that everything else has been thoroughly investigated and ruled out. It would help as I'm of the opinion that investigation into that possibility was lacking and that they blindered onto the step mom from the get go - I harken to the failed sting etc.

As for motive, I still haven't seen those emails and the ones I have seen indicate to me a parent that was concerned about a child.

She lawyered up only after the murder for hire allegations and the failed sting. Can't say I'd blame her had they done the same to me. She was fully cooperative until that point. There's also been statements that she would still talk to LE, but only with her lawyer present. Can't say I wouldn't do the exact same thing either. None of that is an indicator of guilt … especially so given that LE has never bothered to request her and her attorney to present themselves since.

Granted - there is the "she quit fighting for her daughter bit", but there's also the "Desiree withdrew her lawsuit bit" as a counter to that.

I don't know if Terri did this or not and not an iota of actual fact released from an LE official source so far would have me voting "guilty" at this point.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Trident and raja like this.
  10. ReadySet

Well, I wouldn't lawyer up after only three and a half weeks. And I suspect that most loving mothers (she has described herself as his mother and stated she loved him) of missing children wouldn't either.

Can you cite any other case where an innocent parent of a missing child has stopped talking after a month?

By her own statements Terri knew Kyron better than anyone, she took care of him more than anyone. That's what she said anyway. So, she would know where he had been, who he knew, who he had been in contact with him, who he had seen, who he was involved with. She would know everything about him.
    So, after only 3 and a half weeks, she had told LE everything she knew, everything she could think of? She didn't wake up in the middle of the night after a month, 5 months, a year, having remembered something that might be helpful? After racking her brain, desperately trying to think of anything that might help find the child she loved, she had nothing? All done in less than a month? I don't buy it.

She put herself first. Which she has a legal right to do. But rights aren't mandates. She's in a class by herself as someone who even gave up her little toddler...in order to put herself first.

11. Vern

Vern Well-Known Member

I'll wait for that link to an official LE source for the critical statements of facts I asked the poster for. Or, from you if you should have them.

I am a loving stepmom of 3, mom of 2 and a ginger to boot. Maybe it's just me, but I sure as heck would lawyer up after a failed sting and what LE did to get my husband to take my child and then have their "evidence" crumble to ashes. For me, that indicates LE blinders, not stepmom's guilt. The time is 10 000% irrelevant given their failed sting operation. Cite me another case with those factoids. And, again to be clear, Terri lawyered up and hey made a statement that they would talk further with LE with the lawyer present and that all LE had to do was ask. They haven't. That's LE's fault, not Terri's; she offered. They failed to take up the offer.

And, I think any mother, innocent or guilty, would be a fool not to do so at that point. Especially so a stepmom.

Trident, raja and pillywiggin like this.
  12. ReadySet

I don't know if Terri tried to have her husband killed or not, but the failed sting is not proof that Terri didn't try to d0 that. It just means the sting failed.

An innocent, desperate mother wouldn't let that stand in her way. She wouldn't think, " oh no, they suspect me, they think I did it, I better stop talking! That may hurt the investigation, but at least I'll be protecting myself!"
    No matter what LE did or didn't do or believed or didn't believe, an innocent parent would put that aside because they would be putting finding their child first. Worrying about being a suspect would be a secondary concern. Unless they weren't putting their child first.

Every parent is going to be highly suspected at first. To name a few, following are some parents who were highly suspected. They did not lawyer up. They were innocent. According to you, they were fools.

Step father and mother of Jaycee Dugard. Step father last to see her.
    Parents of Dianna Alvarez. Let the murderer live with them.
    Mother of Faye Swetlik. Mother criticized for not watching her closely enough.
    Parents of Elizabeth Smart. Let the perp work for them.
    Parents of Isabel Celis. Father highly suspected even by Websleuthers.
    Mother of Jessica Ridgeway. Mother had phone turned off all day.
    Step father of Anne Kasprzak. Went missing from mother and stepfather's home.
    Those parents were all innocent.

There are many others, including step parents who were highly suspected and criticized, who continued to speak to LE without lawyers. These threads are full of them. They were innocent.

And then there are the parents who did stop cooperating. One currently in the news:
    Lori Vallow Daybell. She certainly stopped talking. Actually she never even started. But maybe you think she's innocent?
    At least she's not a "fool."

13. EllaMae

Desiree gets her information from LE. Her interview is already linked here. You can go look for it.

And Desiree withdrew her lawsuit to keep the investigation intact. That is also already linked here in another thread,

Terri would not cooperate in the divorce trial because evidence used in the civil trial would be used against her in the criminal trial. That means there was evidence of guilt that they needed to keep out. That's exactly why a criminal defense attorney was involved in a divorce case. That was unusual. And it's why she refused to testify.
    The judge in the civil trial made the extremely rare ruling to keep a baby away from her mother for the baby's safety. That judge saw evidence that the public has not seen. He made that ruling....and it says a lot about the evidence.

There is no comparison between what Terri did in her civil case, and the decision that Desiree made. Desiree had nothing to hide. It most certainly does not "balance" anything.

Terri was NOT cooperative with LE. She lied to investigators.

You can actually read the older threads yourself about the guy on Sauvie Island who was an early suspect. The information is here on WS. And the guy in the plaid shirt, plus all the other people present at the science fair when Kyron was there were all investigated, including his teacher. All of this information has been linked here many times.

No one outside of LE and Kyron's parents have seen the emails so not sure why you think they aren't a factor. LE found them during the investigation, so those emails are evidence. They aren't going to release them until there is hopefully a trial. Terri was NOT concerned about Kyron. She was emotionally abusing him by being overly strict, and it was a cause of marital conflict....per Kaine, since you want his input. He has also talked about Terri's neglect of the baby and her drinking problem. All linked here already.

There has to be a reason to require Terri and her attorney to appear in regards to Kyron. The civil case has been long settled, and Terri got supervised visits if she ever wanted to see her daughter. There is evidence that supervision was necessary.....

Terri has been in plenty of trouble since the divorce and has been in court several times but those cases each had a different victim.

And she no longer has that expensive attorney, btw.

Knox, Laughing, pillywiggin and 3 others like this.
  14. Vern

Vern Well-Known Member

And yet, a failed sting could also be indicative of … innocence. It could also be proof that she did not do try to have her husband killed. And, if that were so, that would mean that the reason they gave Kaine for filing the restraining order and taking her daughter was bunk.

Not what I stated at all. Those parents you speak of here, were not set up for a sting that failed miserably and caused her to be separated from her husband and child … especially if she were innocent! Not lawyering up at that point in the same circumstances? Foolish. If LE was going to that resort, no telling what else they'd do in an attempt to get you locked up and you're innocent. Yep, ANY cop would tell you … ALWAYS lawyer up, let alone at that point and after those events.

And, as I posted before, not a single one of the above was set up by LE in a sting that failed miserably that also served as LE's impetus to convince her husband (who FULLY supported her until that time … as did Desiree) to leave with her child and file the restraining order. You're trying to compare apples to oranges that haven't even ripened yet.

Oh please. This is about Terri ... someone who LE set up for a sting that failed getting a lawyer. And she'd have been a fool not to given that failed sting only proved that LE was/always was lazer focussed on her.

It isn't about Chad and Lori who served up their own misdeeds and evidence trail. Totally different case facts.

Anyway, still waiting on those links to official confirmation or statements from LE on the critical facts stated earlier. Or, was that just speculation? I've been here since the beginning as this was the case that brought me to this site, yet I've never seen the critical facts that were brought up earlier. I've also seen Desiree's interview. Also her statements that an arrest for the MFH etc were imminent … the statute of limitations on that is now expired I think. That an arrest for Kyron was going to happen soon (that's been a couple years ago now), but now rests as it will happen when Kyron is found. Oregon prosecuted Joel Abbot without a body due to there being no signs his victim was still alive and got the conviction. There is precedent if there is evidence. I would think especially so if this evidence against Terri is so overwhelming and verified.

I hope he is found … and soon. And that there is an arrest in his case; I'm just not convinced that it will be Terri who is arrested … I'm still waiting for facts from LE. And, neither they nor Kaine, Kyron's legal next of kin, seem to be saying much.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    Trident, raja and TXFForever like this.
  15. Truth Prevails

Truth Prevails Well-Known Member

What about the two failed polys and the poly she walked out on? They don't count because she said she is deaf in one ear? Why is it that we should take her word as truth but not Desiree's?

I find the following two quotes below add credibility to Desiree's statement:
    Quote: "It tells me everything I need to know," said Kaine. "She's told us about the failed polygraphs. And when you fail two to three polygraphs, the percentages are really high. And when the questions are around your involvement with taking him from the school that day, I think we know. We all do."
    Five years later: Why Kyron Horman's dad believes his son is alive

Quote: Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother and thought the two left school together. He said it was common for parents to pick up kids this way, so no suspicions were raised.
    Police question parents at missing boy's school

I doubt much has changed since the following:
    Quote: Ms. Horman has an open invitation to speak with MCSO.

"The Multnomah County District Attorney's was in contact with defense attorney Stephen Houze earlier this week and was advised that he continues to represent Terri Horman. Mr. Houze requests no contact with Ms. Horman by law enforcement absent his authorization and her consent."
    Updated Jan 09, 2019; Posted Sep 22, 2016

Authorities conduct 'investigative search' regarding Kyron Horman case

16. ReadySet

Poor Terri. Only her very unique cirumstances justify stopping talking when her child is missing.
    She put herself first. Ahead of Kyron and her little child.
    She did not do what she needed to do to get contact with her child, because she put herself first.
    She did not help find Kyron because she put herself first.
    If my little seven year old child were missing, even if I thought LE was trying to frame me, I would talk and talk and talk. If I were seperated from my toddler, I would do whatever it took to get contact back.
    That's what innocent mothers would do.
    Terri is not innocent. She is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, imo.
    Terri, where is Kyron?

17. EllaMae

Nope. You can go dig for them yourself. It's not my job to do your research. The information has been here for years. We have been following the case since the very first day, and there are probably hundred of links. It's always helpful to actually familiarize yourself with an older case. Many of those links are no longer functioning, and I'm not going through them.

Terri tried a murder for hire plot once before according to an old boyfriend.
    Terri Horman's ex-boyfriend alleges murder-for-hire plot in 1990

And she has been unstable for years. LE did not make that up.

She also drove around drunk with her young son in the car, and was arrested for it. That impacted her career, and she couldn't get a job teaching anywhere. She seemed to be very jealous of Kyron's teacher and she set up that poor woman up by deliberately misleading her about Kyron's Dr appointment. She is a very manipulative woman.
    Mystery 911 Call to Kyron Horman's Home Adds to Police Case

There are many things about Terri's actions during that time that don't add up. And there is plenty of evidence that LE hasn't released to the public.

18. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

She lawyered up and not questioned but now after all these years she still cannot be subpoenaed and questioned??

Laughing and SaguaroSpirit like this.
  19. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

Like her friend DeDe, expect multiple repetitions of the 5th Amendment.

Custody of her daughter? Nope, TMH walked away instead.

Knox, ReadySet and kay74 like this.
  20. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

5th Amendment, you're right. What happened to this sweet little guy. :(

Laughing likes this.