Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't personally believe Kyron was snatched by a stranger. He was seen by a room full of people at the science fair, and then seen leaving that room with Terri Horman. Terri claims she watched as he walked down the hall towards his classroom, and that she never saw him again . But a witness saw him leaving the building with Terri. I believe she WAS the last person to see Kyron, as she said, but he was not in the school building the last time she saw him.. It was when she killed him and discarded his body out in the Oregon woods somewhere.
That's what I believe, too. These kids would be older now, has anyone ever re interviewed them since it happened? They may remember something that was odd, but didn't notice it as odd as a child?

Kyron Horman: 12 Years Since He Went Missing, New Age-Progressed Photos Released

JUN 4, 2022 @ 11:31AM
Portland, Ore – It has been exactly 12 years from today (June 4) since Kyron Horman went missing. Kyron was last seen leaving the Science Fair at his school, Skyline Elementary School in Portland on June 4, 2010.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited children is releasing a New, age-progressed photo of what Kyron could look-like today at age 19. There is also a video produced by NCMEC which you can download here. The NCMEC encourages eveyone to share the photo and video on your various social media platforms.

The search for Kyron remains open and active. The Multnomah County Sheriffs office along with the District Attorney’s Office and the FBI continue to actively pursue all investigative leads. The Major Crime partners will continue to do so until Kyron is located.

DNA standards from Kyron’s family and his toothbrush are actively being searched against the National DNA databse. Dental Characteristics and X-rays have been uploaded as well into the National Missing and Unindentified Persons system for comparison to unidentified remains throughout the United States.

A $50,000 reward is up for anyone providing information which leads to the resolution of Kyron’s disappearance. Anyone that has information to share pertaining to Kyron’s disappearance should call the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office TipLine at (503) 988-0560 or the NCMEC TipLine at 1-800-THE-LOST.

Kyron Horman: 12 Years Since He Went Missing, New Age-Progressed Photos Released - KXL

Attachments

• AA131E00-17FD-4840-96DB-87EBA2370D46.png
    AA131E00-17FD-4840-96DB-87EBA2370D46.png
    260.9 KB · Views: 5
I admire Desiree- it takes courage to come out and clearly accuse the person she believes harmed her beloved son (many others think she is correct)--- My heart goes out to her! you wonder what the police are doing these days, if anything, or is the case just languishing in the cold case files!

Desiree's emotions are just as raw twelve years later. I hate witnessing her pain and hope one day she'll have justice.
I've always felt the circumstantial evidence in this case was strong enough to take to court. Evidently the MCDA's office doesn't see it that way.

Desiree's emotions are just as raw twelve years later. I hate witnessing her pain and hope one day she'll have justice.
I've always felt the circumstantial evidence in this case was strong enough to take to court. Evidently the MCDA's office doesn't see it that way.

I think they probably want some type of forensic evidence, which they apparently don't have at this point. What bothers me is there appears to be no pressure on Terry- she just goes on her merry way- and it appears she has gotten away with murder, which is what is making Desiree extremely upset. At this point it appears Terry committed the perfect crime.

I had not heard before that Terry was seen leaving with him. That seems like enough to have arrested her. I may have missed something as I only pop in on this a couple times a year to see where the case is.

I had not heard before that Terry was seen leaving with him. That seems like enough to have arrested her. I may have missed something as I only pop in on this a couple times a year to see where the case is.
Has that information (that the bus driver and others saw Kyron leave with Terri) ever been said by actual LE? It seems like something that came out after nine years and only from Desiree (I could be wrong, of course). I have to say that what LE has said and done in the last decade is hard to square with there being documented sighting of the two leaving together. I suspect there is a disconnect between Desiree and LE, which is likely why there has been no arrest and probably won't be in the future either.

Has that information (that the bus driver and others saw Kyron leave with Terri) ever been said by actual LE? It seems like something that came out after nine years and only from Desiree (I could be wrong, of course). I have to say that what LE has said and done in the last decade is hard to square with there being documented sighting of the two leaving together. I suspect there is a disconnect between Desiree and LE, which is likely why there has been no arrest and probably won't be in the future either.

Multiple witnesses allegedly saw Kyron Horman leave school with stepmom, author writes

May 26, 2020

PORTLAND, Ore. — Several people saw Kyron Horman leaving Skyline School with his stepmother the morning he disappeared, according to a newly released book.

Author Rebecca Morris' new book, "Boy Missing: The Search for Kyron Horman," claims Kyron's regular bus driver, along with a classmate and two of the classmate's family members witnessed Kyron walk through the school parking lot with Terri Horman and her infant daughter on June 4, 2010. The second grader was never seen again.

[…]

The new book by Morris, a New York Times best-selling author, is being released almost exactly 10 years after Kyron's disappearance. Morris relied heavily on extensive interviews and notes provided by Kyron's biological mother, Desiree Young, and other people close to the case.

More at link:

Kyron Horman

I believe the first time I personally read/heard that Terri was seen leaving the school with Kyron was in the book about his disappearance. I certainly don't recall it ever reading/hearing about it in MSM, or from any statements law enforcement gave.
When I read about it in the book, it made me wonder why, if that were the case and the witnesses were reliable, that wasn't enough to arrest Terri for something. Not murder, but custodial interference, something along the lines of what John Skelton is being held for in connection to his 3 sons' disappearances. I'm not an attorney, so I don't know how it works, but I did look up stepparents' rights in Oregon. I found this in a guide called "Oregon’s Legal Guide for Grandparents and Other Relatives Raising Children 2012"
A stepparent who has not adopted his or her spouse’s children
does not have parental rights. In fact, under Oregon law, he or she
has rights that are similar to those that grandparents have.
Here is Oregon's definition of custodial interference, from OR public law statutes:
A person commits the crime of custodial interference in the second degree if, knowing or having reason to know that the person has no legal right to do so, the person takes, entices or keeps another person from the other person’s lawful custodian or in violation of a valid joint custody order with intent to hold the other person permanently or for a protracted period. *
* ORS 163.245 - Custodial interference in the second degree

If these eye witness statements claiming Terri left the school with Kyron are valid and reliable, it seems to my untrained eye those statements should have been enough to charge her with a lesser crime initially. These charges could later be upgraded to more serious ones as new evidence is discovered. Doing that would not constitute double jeopardy, and, as with John Skelton, who was a bio parent, not a stepparent, no body was needed to make the custodial interference charge stick. He's been in jail since 2011.

I haven't read the book. My thought on the witnesses - LE could not vet the sightings in a way that would stand up under court testimony. I could play devils advocate and go further, but won't.

Desiree believes the witnesses are correct, which she states in her book. She likely also has many other pieces we aren't privy too, which IMO, point to Terri. Her frustration has been evident for years, can't say I blame her.

MCSO statement on 6/4/22 - Multnomah Co. Sheriff's Office news

Terri (parents) hired a stellar, highly regarded, winning defense attorney who intimidated the decision makers. This was something like three-and-a-half weeks after the disappearance. Name was Houze or House or something like that.

IMO this highly influenced the prosecutor in regard to arrests.

The parents got their money's worth, moo.

ETA:
Stephen Houze page.
Take a look at his representative cases.

Last edited:
I remember those first days and weeks after he disappeared, using Google Maps street view to follow the strange route she took that day after leaving the school. There were so many places she could have left him that would be nearly impossible to search - miles of hillsides covered in trees and heavy layers of vines impenetrable undergrowth. I looked for any spot that might look convenient to a stepmother in a hurry, afraid to be seen by a passing car. There were too many places to count.

Wherever that poor little boy is, may he rest in peace. May his killer some day be held accountable.

Terri (parents) hired a stellar, highly regarded, winning defense attorney who intimidated the decision makers. This was something like three-and-a-half weeks after the disappearance. Name was Houze or House or something like that.

IMO this highly influenced the prosecutor in regard to arrests.

The parents got their money's worth, moo.

ETA:
Stephen Houze page.
Take a look at his representative cases.

I think you are correct. Prosecutors know what he would do in a court room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆