Kyron Horman's general discussion thread - 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an article from OL dated Jan. 2016. Kudos to journalist Maxine Bernstein, she has done and excellent job covering Kyron's case since the beginning, IMHO.
This news article touches upon the name change, the move to CA and the visitation. It may not be the most up to date development on those scores, but it sheds some light on questions asked on questions posted earlier, even if it doesn't answer them fully. Here it is:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2016/01/terri_horman_stepmom_of_missin.html

Thanks Alleykins for finding and posting that article. Here is a quote about the name change from it for anyone who is interested. I wonder if she has tried to change her name in California since moving there. :thinking:

"She tried at least twice in state court to change her name but had no luck. She contended she was being harassed in the wake of Kyron's disappearance and was having a hard time finding a job.

When she tried to change her name to Claire Stella Sullivan in 2014, Horman told the judge that she needed a new name to start a new life without the stigma of Horman attached to it. The judge turned her down, saying a name change would not be in the public's interest."

Here is an article from OL dated Jan. 2016. Kudos to journalist Maxine Bernstein, she has done and excellent job covering Kyron's case since the beginning, IMHO.
This news article touches upon the name change, the move to CA and the visitation. It may not be the most up to date development on those scores, but it sheds some light on questions asked on questions posted earlier, even if it doesn't answer them fully. Here it is:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2016/01/terri_horman_stepmom_of_missin.html

From your link:

In June 2014, a Multnomah County judge granted custody of the daughter to Kaine Horman, but approved a plan to help reunite the mother and child and allow visitation.

Terri Horman had started meeting with an assigned "parent coordinator'' as required, but the logistics and costs of having a psychological assessment done proved challenging, according to sources familiar with the case. The plan is now on hold.

Didn't a judge deny Terri's attempt to change her name? (Going from memory here, be kind please!) ;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yes the judge did deny her name change, but on what grounds really? It is not illegal to change your name because even criminals are allowed to do so, as long as they notify authorities. Could this perhaps of persuaded the judge?
(quote)
Four women testified to oppose Horman's petition.

"She don't deserve to even carry another name until she wants to talk about Kyron,'' testified Stacey Green of Longview, Wash. Green told the court she's been monitoring the case online and uses the name "Green teeth'' on social media sites.
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2014/08/four_women_who_opposed_terri_h.html

From your link:

In June 2014, a Multnomah County judge granted custody of the daughter to Kaine Horman, but approved a plan to help reunite the mother and child and allow visitation.

Terri Horman had started meeting with an assigned "parent coordinator'' as required, but the logistics and costs of having a psychological assessment done proved challenging, according to sources familiar with the case. The plan is now on hold.

Such sadness over losing her son Kyron but voluntarily leaves Kiara.

From your link:

This is mind boggling. What is so challenging about a psychological assessment that it cannot be done for the sake of being in her daughter's life? As for the expense, she had a decent divorce settlement and is rumored to drive a BMW.

To be given a clear path to your child and just stand still and make excuses is really sad.

Exonerating evidence r.e. TH cannot be the "fact" that a man in a white truck asked about the nearest school while he was at a 711 store. Is she saying a white truck is a vehicle of interest then? Pretty interesting that she is letting that info slip.

I notice she never mentions to Dr Phil that she believes Kyron was being sexually abused like she had stated in an earlier interview.

Exonerating evidence r.e. TH cannot be the "fact" that a man in a white truck asked about the nearest school while he was at a 711 store. Is she saying a white truck is a vehicle of interest then? Pretty interesting that she is letting that info slip.

I notice she never mentions to Dr Phil that she believes Kyron was being sexually abused like she had stated in an earlier interview.

I wonder if LE is ticked about TH sharing that fact? The white truck they were interested in was the one TH drove the morning Kyron disappeared.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/kyron_horman_case_investigator.html

Yes Matou, I thought it was weird she did not mention the sexual abuse allegation on the show too. It's kind of a bombshell in terms of who, when, and a motive to disappear Kyron.

More look here, not there ...

I don't think she did it. I thought she was very articulate and calm in the interview. In fact, she seemed to be one of the few guests that Dr Phil couldn't rattle into submission.

There is more to this story.
I agree. I followed the Wetterling case long enough to know the average person will focus on a person and never let it go. Time to start looking around at others. If she did it I think she would have either been caught or at least would not be on Dr Phil giving interviews. Keep her on your radar but open your mind to other possibilities.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I agree. I followed the Wetterling case long enough to know the average person will focus on a person and never let it go. Time to start looking around at others. If she did it I think she would have either been caught or at least would not be on Dr Phil giving interviews. Keep her on your radar but open your mind to other possibilities.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Actually, in the Wetterling case, they had the right suspect in the beginning and no matter what they tried they could not nail him. It was years later in 2010 that LE announced an incorrect POI-- 22 years later

I think he was being homeschooled in Roseburg. I think he lived with his bio father and step mother

This is true. James was living with his bio father who years prior had given up his father's rights so James could be adopted by Terri's second husband. Terri's second husband was still paying child support to Terri for James while James was living with his bio dad! "You can't make this stuff up."

Agreed. I do believe that either her/Kayne/Desiree let whomever in to do this.

I haven't read through all of the information here but has it ever been said why PPS was never sued? It seems so weird to me that they weren't held more accountable.

If Desiree and Kaine think Terri did it, why would they sue the school?

Even without pointing fingers directly at Terri....there is just so much weirdness going on around the adults that were in Kyron's life.

Random thought- could Terri have been a secret drug addict? This might explain some of her incredibly weird behavior......

If they had search warrants for her phone and computers, I'm pretty sure there would be evidence there about Kyron and his disappearance, if not multiple usernames for online chats and sexting. Not sure what was looked into. I know she had at least one burner phone. JMO

If they had search warrants for her phone and computers, I'm pretty sure there would be evidence there about Kyron and his disappearance, if not multiple usernames for online chats and sexting. Not sure what was looked into. I know she had at least one burner phone. JMO

I have to point out Terri is old enough to be good at old school social networking. IF she had something to so with Kyron's disappearance she would have realized so much scrutiny would fall on her she would have to cover tracks. She might have used landline phone numbers or just met people in person to arrange Kyron's disappearance.

Just saying. It's common knowledge that phones and computers are seized immediately when people are detained for serious matters.

I have to point out Terri is old enough to be good at old school social networking. IF she had something to so with Kyron's disappearance she would have realized so much scrutiny would fall on her she would have to cover tracks. She might have used landline phone numbers or just met people in person to arrange Kyron's disappearance.
Just saying. It's common knowledge that phones and computers are seized immediately when people are detained for serious matters.
(RBBM for clarity)
If the Hormans had a landline phone when Kyron went missing,investigators most likely subpoenaed those records as well.

Agreed. I do believe that either her/Kayne/Desiree let whomever in to do this.

I haven't read through all of the information here but has it ever been said why PPS was never sued? It seems so weird to me that they weren't held more accountable.

I'm local and a lot of the legality was behind closed doors. The superintendent took a lot of heat from this incident and many ppl wanted a resignation. Skyline is a very remote school and the roads around it are very high traffic to trucks and ppl cutting through to avoid HWY 26 and its traffic issues so a wide array of ppl could of committed the disappearance.

Kyron is wearing a shirt in this photo which I think says fighting falcons strength, and I think the number is 9. Does anyone know anything about this shirt? Is it a sports team, is it a military logo? You guys are the best researchers, I have looked but can't find another one like it. Maybe someone from Oregon knows more about this shirt? All I have been able to find so far is that the f-16 aircraft is called fighting falcons, but most of them have been replaced by the f-15 eagle in the Oregon military. Is the shirt a handy me down? Where did the shirt come from?
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...Jnw1HCl3PG9izhonMUZzhbY=&docid=hZxj6TRFPyXsFM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305