Kyron Horman's mom's civil suit against Terri Horman

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the alleged "murder for hire" plot against her husband is true, I could certainly see her disposing of a little boy that she had great animosity against. It appears that Terri Moulton Horman is all about revenge. The alleged sexting affair was with a friend of her husband. It appears she wanted to have maximum impact as far as hurting him could go. The ultimate way to hurt a parent is to harm their child. Pure evil. If these speculations are true, I pray that the Angel of Justice bestows full judgment.
If Dede Spicher participated in or knows anything of Kyron's whereabouts she had better step up and speak. (Plea bargain). The truth WILL come out, and she still has a chance to do the right thing!
(Please note these comments are NOT based on fact, but only speculation and opinion).

Looks like Desiree has decided to drop the civil suit against TH...but the criminal investigation continues.

Lawsuit dropped, criminal investigation continues in Kyron Horman case

"Because my civil case cannot move forward without the police files, it is with great disappointment that I make this difficult decision," Young said.

...and look at THIS.

As part of Young's lawsuit, one of Terri Horman's friends, DeDe Spicher, was called in for a deposition in 2012, and she refused to answer 142 questions regarding the case. She cited her Fifth Amendment right.

However, Young's attorney on Tuesday referenced a new development in a recent grand jury meeting.

"It's my understanding that (Spicher) finally agreed to testify in front of the grand jury a week or two ago," said Elden Rosenthal, Young's attorney.

Looks like Desiree has decided to drop the civil suit against TH...but the criminal investigation continues.

Lawsuit dropped, criminal investigation continues in Kyron Horman case

...and look at THIS.

Let's hope this is the break we've been looking for! :please:

Today's Oregonian front page says Kyron's mom has dropped the civil suit...?

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Oops typed too slow lol

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I don't think Dede testifying will turn out to be a big deal. Whatever may have originally kept Dede from testifying (it could've been activities completely unrelated to Kyron) may be far enough removed from her current life that she doesn't have to worry about them.

Although I have always doubted Terri's guilt, I've always believed she's a troubled person. In the same way that Dede may have been involved in activities that could've produced negative consequences three years ago, I've always wondered if Terri was also involved in activities (not abducting Kyron or MFH) that would've produced negative consequences. IMHO, this and the complete blinders that LE wore with regard to this investigation are the possible reasons why Terri never testified, which automatically affected her relationship with baby K.

This is completely hypothetical, but let's say that Terri didn't murder Kyron but she was involved with drugs. Once she agrees to answer questions, she's going to have to answer questions about everything. If she admits to using drugs, dealing drugs, etc., then LE can prosecute her for that, and she can go to jail, so she'd be without baby K anyway. Perhaps, in her mind, if she simply waits it out a couple of years, then any questionable behavior is less likely to produce negative consequences, and she can begin to fight for baby K because no charges have been brought.

I've often wondered if she and her immediate circle were engaged in criminal activities that complicated this entire process. Now, though, three years have passed and she can show, through the passage of time, that nothing came of LE's investigation. I don't think the court can keep her from her child indefinitely just because they're suspicious of her.

Having said all that, and regardless of my personal feelings about this case, Desiree has waited three years for LE to arrest Terri. If they can't do it by now, and she is absolutely convinced of Terri's guilt, then I think she should proceed with her civil suit.

Having said all that, and regardless of my personal feelings about this case, Desiree has waited three years for LE to arrest Terri. If they can't do it by now, and she is absolutely convinced of Terri's guilt, then I think she should proceed with her civil suit.

It sounds to me like she has little to gain from her civil suit anyway.

For the civil case to proceed, Rosenthal said both parties to it would need to review the criminal investigative file and documents.

"We don't want to do anything to impede the case," Rosenthal said.

Asked if he could have foreseen this a year ago when he filed the civil suit amid the ongoing criminal inquiry, Rosenthal declined comment.

“In order for my lawyers to move forward with the case at this point, it would be necessary for them to seek access to the police criminal investigation files,” Young said. “My lawyers have advised me that the Oregon Public Records Disclosure Law does not provide the release of ongoing police investigation files.”
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...on_hormans_mother_to_drop_c.html#incart_river

If the police don't have enough evidence to charge Terri and prove their case at this point, Desiree is bound to have even less to succeed in hers if she hasn't even got access to the police files.

I think it may have been intended as a pressure tactic to begin with, more than a case they really expected to fight in court and win.

Any chance that the statute of limitations ran out on whatever she was afraid of incriminating herself for?

Apparently, in Oregon, any felony that is not aggravated murder, murder, attempted murder or aggravated murder, conspiracy or solicitation to commit aggravated murder or murder or any degree of manslaughter, rape, sodomy, unlawful sexual penetration, incest, sexual abuse, and compelling or promoting prostitution)...has a statute of limitations of three years. So being an accessory to murder for instance...After 3 years, you can't be charged.

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.co...e-of-limitations/OR-felonies-misdemeanors.htm

So yeah it's really interesting that DS finally starts talking right after the 3rd anniversary.

I think it shows her narcissism.

(as well as her guilt)
I don't; I still have all the photos of her with her child, before things were erased, and she looked to be a loving mother. I think that KH took Kyron; and I Hope LE is focusing on him finally. And that is ALL I can hope for at this point. I think he is alive and I think KH knows exactly where his son is. Sometimes in a divorce, people are forced to walk away; knowing that they can't win this one, not everyone can put out thousands of dollars to fight with an ex who is hell bent on destroying you. I've been there, I know how it feels, I fought for sole custody so I wouldn't have to do the back n forth; so the child wouldn't have to; and it was the right move, for us. OTOH I have close family members who were forced to walk; in much the same way TH did; because the ex was such a PITA and so violent.

Apparently, in Oregon, any felony that is not aggravated murder, murder, attempted murder or aggravated murder, conspiracy or solicitation to commit aggravated murder or murder or any degree of manslaughter, rape, sodomy, unlawful sexual penetration, incest, sexual abuse, and compelling or promoting prostitution)...has a statute of limitations of three years. So being an accessory to murder for instance...After 3 years, you can't be charged.

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.co...e-of-limitations/OR-felonies-misdemeanors.htm

So yeah it's really interesting that DS finally starts talking right after the 3rd anniversary.

Hopefully she's relieving the guilt that may have been weighing heavy on her mind. :please:

I have no doubt he's dead. Not long after being stuffed into the trunk of a car or told by an adult to lie low. Someone of course who knew TH as a "friend" as so many of her hanger ons were to her.

IF she talks, it will be with a signed affidavit her lawyers approved to talk freely without concern of being prosecuted for conspiracy to commit murder. She may have loved her daughter, but that was her child. I don't think Kyron was anything but a source of aggravation for her.
She had no pictures of him on her FB other then AFTER the deed to cover herself that day.

I have no doubt he's dead. Not long after being stuffed into the trunk of a car or told by an adult to lie low. Someone of course who knew TH as a "friend" as so many of her hanger ons were to her.

IF she talks, it will be with a signed affidavit her lawyers approved to talk freely without concern of being prosecuted for conspiracy to commit murder. She may have loved her daughter, but that was her child. I don't think Kyron was anything but a source of aggravation for her.
She had no pictures of him on her FB other then AFTER the deed to cover herself that day.

I completely agree with you. Unfortunately, I don't have any doubt that sweet Kyron is no longer with us, either. I live in the area, and I have been to Skyline School several times; I have a theory of how Terri carried out her plan. It was pretty easy actually to get Kyron out of the school, and it would have been simple to have him in the back of the covered bed of the truck parked on the access road--possibly in a container--without anyone seeing it. However, I believe that it is probable that Terri did the dirty deed herself. She may have possibly had assistance after the fact.

Regarding the Facebook pictures, there is no question in my mind that Terri began psychologically distancing herself from Kyron shortly after the birth of Kiara, if not sooner. But, when it got to the point that she was eliminating Kyron's last name from photos while keeping the rest of the family's members full name on every picture, and posting fewer and fewer pictures of Kyron, it became even more apparent to me. Then, there is the matter of the hateful emails law enforcement shared with Kyron's parents, and the emails posted in the media from Terri to someone she knew regarding the events on the day Kyron disappeared. Anyway, the entire case is just extremely sad. I feel terrible for Desiree, Kaine, Tony, and Kiara. I certainly hope that Dede has somehow helped move this case forward. Kyron's family deserves to know what happened to their son and receive some justice. MOO.

What is everyone's theory on Dede's possible involvement? When did Terri first tell her about her plan? Why did Dede assist Terri? What part exactly did Dede play?

I've always thought that perhaps Dede took Kiara and Terri's phone for a little drive around to account for the pings where Terri said she was. That left Terri time to do whatever she did.

IMO, etc, hypothetically, yada yada. ;)

What is everyone's theory on Dede's possible involvement? When did Terri first tell her about her plan? Why did Dede assist Terri? What part exactly did Dede play?

DeDe has a missing chunk of time from her job that day landscaping.
From what I recall, it was never accounted for and she refused to talk. As an aside, her father worked for the local Sheriff's Dept. either then or prior to this event.

Wasn't there also phone calls, between her and TH? And my recollection is now foggy all these years later, but on TH's old FB wasn't there some talk of cells phone you purchase at convenience stores? The kind that cannot be tracked.

DeDe was TH's friend at the local gym, where she kept a retinue of hanger ons.

I find it hard to believe that if TH actually killed Kyron, she told Dede or anyone else about it. No one owns up to killing a child, IMO, at least not without solid evidence from a team of detectives.

I am totally confused about the civil suit. Over, delayed, thrown out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa