Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people think she roped in Ecker for the purpose of adopting her son? Why would she chose someone like him, no money, enmeshed with mom and dad? moo mho

$6600/year is not exactly "no money." She may not have found a millionaire, but she did find a guy to adopt her son and pay support.

How did you come to the conclusion that he's "enmeshed with mom and dad?"

I've been doing this for 27 years. For the first time ever (over the last several years), I've been seriously afraid of what would happen if I lost my job. It's scary as hell. In spite of the glut/shortage cycle I alluded to above --- which does exist --- this has a different feel. And it's not a pleasant one. /ot

O/T but I can attest to that. I quit a job I hated last August, and didn't find a FT job I was willing to accept until March this year. In my past 24 years in nursing, I could have had 10 jobs in that 8 month period that I wanted...It's crazy out there these days....[/I]

$6600/year is not exactly "no money." She may not have found a millionaire, but she did find a guy to adopt her son and pay support.

How did you come to the conclusion that he's "enmeshed with mom and dad?"

He estimates he's contributed about $46,000 Taken from article.

J was adopted in 1998 and the article is 2010. 12 years that comes to about $3,500/year.

Maybe part of it was paying Terri back for the house her parents helped buy. We really don't know. He should have tried to terminate his parental rights if he couldn't pay 3500/year. moo

Can't believe that people think Terri has so much power that she can coerce a grown man to adopt a child he doesn't want. moo

ETA: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

I'll be back later with a list of why I think the parents are enmeshed with their son. One by one they will be listed. Can't do it now 'cause I'm leaving for the office. See you later, have a good day. moo

J was adopted in 1998 and the article is 2010. 12 years that comes to about $3,500/year.

Maybe part of it was paying Terri back for the house her parents helped buy. We really don't know. He should have tried to terminate his parental rights if he couldn't pay 3500/year. moo

Can't believe that people think Terri has so much power that she can coerce a grown man to adopt a child he doesn't want. moo

I'll be back later with a list of why I think the parents are enmeshed with their son. One by one they will be listed. Can't do it now 'cause I'm leaving for the office. See you later, have a good day. moo

Child support payments increase as the children get older. I also wouldn't be surprised if he has had to carry health insurance for J.

Oh yes, honey! You better believe the insurance monthly premiums are SKY HIGH..[And thats insurance on basic vehicles, such as Honda Accords, Nissan Altimas, etc NOT on any type of "sports" car such as Terri's gift from Kaine of the candy apple red Mustang convertible]

I was cancelled from the policy that myself, mom, and sister had all been on together for many, many years. I was cancelled 10 yrs ago from this policy but TO THIS VERY DAY each month the mailed out insurance statement that comes in to each of their homes still has printed at the top of the statement in bright red print the following:
J**** W***** is NOT authorized to operate the below insured vehicle and if found to be operating and/or involved in auto accident the claim will NOT be covered and you will be terminated from this insurance policy

So, yes you are very much correct about the higher rates.. And after being cancelled from that policy it threw me into the "high risk driver" bracket, which equals much higher premiums/rates[And again these were just speeding tickets, NO DUI's, reckless driving, or endangering, etc]

LMAO...I thought my granddaughter was bad with her parking tickets. Your poor mother...sometimes I think the cops and/or the parking authority gets to know certain cars and actively looks for them to do something wrong.

ETA: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

In January 2002, Horman and Ecker were divorced. She got primary custody of James and the decree included an informal agreement that Ecker would pay about $169 a month in child support.

A year later, Horman went to Washington County authorities, asking for more child support. His payments were bumped up to nearly $550 a month. Ecker went to Horman's house to ask for a break on child support, saying the payments were cutting a big chunk out of his salary. She seemed amenable to a reduction, he said, but the next day he got a call from the Washington County Sheriff's Office, telling him to stop harassing his ex-wife.

Ecker has not seen James since that call and still pays child support. He estimates he's contributed about $46,000.

BBM.
My reading of this is that he's contributed 46.000 in child support money after their divorce.

They divorced in 2002. Initially he paid 169 dollars per month.
It adds up to 2028 dollars in 12 months. Suppose he paid that for 18 months it's 3042 dollars.

Some time in 2003 his payments were increased to nearly 550. Let's say 540. That's 6480 dollars per year. It was seven years ago, give or take a few months, and it adds up to 45 360 dollars, plus the sum he paid when they had agreed on 169 dollars.

LMAO...I thought my granddaughter was bad with her parking tickets. Your poor mother...sometimes I think the cops and/or the parking authority gets to know certain cars and actively looks for them to do something wrong.

Yes and Thank you... You could not be more correct about the actively looking for certain ones to do wrong..lol..
I did not want to post this as some would say it's making excuses or being "paranoid" about such but it's a well known fact around here..

I thought I was in the clear[and was for quite sometime] when I got a new vehicle but living in a small suburb it sure doesn't take long for them to "catch on" to the new vehicle, esp. when you travel the same few roads many times a day.. lol.

Terri has stated in an email that Kyron was suffering from mini-seizures & would sometimes stare into space & not know where he was. Knowing this, how could she possibly leave her son standing all by himself in the hallway? Why didn't she personally deliver him to his teacher?

I do find this record very curious. I have received 2 speeding tickets inn way over 40 years of driving. One I did not know I was as the speedometer was broken on my junker of a car.

The other I was speeding on purpose as I wanted to get somewhere before dark. I was in a different state and chose to speed it up right by the state patrol hdq.

Maybe it's just me, but when I got those tickets, I really did not want to get anymore. I wonder why she didn't become more cautious especially with silly things such as seat belt violation.

She expected Kyron to toe the mark, but her own behavior is different for some reason.

Her DUI was .15. That's almost double the legal limit.

I agree but what I also found interesting wasn't the number of tickets but the documentation behind them. Several of them had pages and pages of stuff. If you just get a speeding ticket, don't you just pay the fine and that's the end of it. If I'm reading them right (maybe I'm not?), some had court appearances. Maybe the speed was really excessive? I know I only had to go to court one time for a ticket and it was because I was going 85 in a 55. That qualified me for reckless driving. Sounds BAD but I was just not paying attention and got lost in thought with a song on the radio. I went to court and I got extremely lucky because the officer didn't show up. The case was dismissed. :blushing:

Anyway, I mentioned upthread that NONE of my tickets show up on the website I was searching and I was surprised that so many of TH's did. Just interesting......

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly1978 View Post
I will say this about the article, It shows that Terri is incapable of commitment, to anything, its like she gives a 150 percent for awhile then just throws her hands up and walks away, you can see her lack of commitment in her inability to hold a husband, a business, a job, she gave up on body building and evetually her kids, starting with J, she was frustrated with the baby and now Kyron is gone, if this article did anything at all it was to confirm to me that she is capable of at least getting rid of Kyron, maybe she sold him or adopted him out in an underground network, With her personality I could see her doing that, maybe not physically harming him, but getting rid of him just like she has everything else in her life. Maybe this is why LE and Kaine and Desiree feel he is still alive.

I so, soooo agree with you here! Her multiple marriages and moving her son around show she doesn't hold much attachment. If she had a hand in Kyrons disappearance, this could definitely be some insight about why.

Her dettachment, erratic and controlling behavior, inability to commit and self-centeredness are certainly red flags. I'd love to hear what a psychiatrist has to say about all of this.

THANK YOU to the 2 posters that have nailed it down.

There is a lot of information in the article that started this thread. Please feel free to open new topic threads that highlight different aspects of the article if you'd like to continue discussing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member