Kyron's case on Dr. Phil 9/17 *includes tape of the show*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bet is since they are part of a criminal investigation they can not be used in her civil filing?? I don't know but I do not doubt them and neither did KH. He said he was unaware of the information but never disputed the emails.

why would he be unaware of the information? i would think as the father of a missing child he would have every right to see the contents of the emails as desiree. i just find it strange i guess. i'm not saying i don't think they exist, i believe they do, i just wonder how bad the emails really were and why hasn't kaine seen them?

why would he be unaware of the information? i would think as the father of a missing child he would have every right to see the contents of the emails as desiree. i just find it strange i guess. i'm not saying i don't think they exist, i believe they do, i just wonder how bad the emails really were and why hasn't kaine seen them?

sorry to quote myself but i'm gonna try to answer my own question i just asked..maybe kaine hasn't seen them because the emails contain things about kaine that LE might not want him to see for whatever reason? (i dont think kaine is involved AT ALL but maybe for investigative purposes they don't want him to see them yet? i dunno that's all i can think of)

One apparent inconsistency I did not know about that came out in the show is that Terri said she waved goodbye to Kyron from the stairs at the east end when he was near his classroom door. But Desiree says it's not possible to see Kyron's classroom from those stairs because there is a wall.

And (Dr Phil's words) her story apparently changed regarding whether she dropped Kyron off at 8:15 or if they toured the science fair together and there is confusion about whether she was in Kyron's classroom or not.

I suppose it's possible she was confused about time and people might say "dropped off" even if they stayed a while to do something before leaving but it's strange if she didn't remember being in his classroom since there was the photo she showed off.

i agree, that was strange, especially since Terri was always taking and posting pictures on facebook and she showed that picture off specifically.

Ahh, some more things make sense now. From what I gather, Desiree apparently read in an email that not only did Terri say she hated Kyron, but claimed that she'd told Kaine she hated Kyron. And Kaine said Terri never admitted her hatred of Kyron to him. (honestly, it would make sense that Terri wouldn't admit this to Kaine). And that Terri wanted to get rid of Kyron and give him back to Desiree, but naturally Kaine wasn't willing to lose his son. So that must be part of why Desiree is so angry at him - she believes that Kaine must have known how much Terri hated Kyron, but still kept custody of Kyron, and it sounds like Desiree feels like Kyron's disappearance is somehow Kaine's bad karma and bad judgment in stepmothers.

I feel so much for Desiree. I think Kaine was seriously oblivious to or simply ignored a lot of red flags in Terri, too. I'd carry a lot of anger too if I were Desiree. I don't think Kaine could have stopped what happened, and I'm sure like most parents, giving up custody of his own son wasn't even on the table - but considering what happened it's easy to see retrospectively how serious that situation was, and how urgent the necessity was to deal with it.

post of the day. i think you captured a lot of the family issues and dynamics very succinctly.

Ah, the elusive "emails". More evidence, I suppose? Where are these emails? Have you read them in their entirety, conscious of the context in which the alleged "hatred" was displayed?

No. Nobody has seen the emails. As far as we know, they are a manipulation at best and a fabrication at worst in order to obtain better position in the ongoing civil matters.

Respectfully and MOO.

The emails are evidence in an active criminal investigation, of course "we" have not seen them.

"I" do not "know" they are manipulation or fabrication.

Desiree also claims that she's read emails from Terri to her friends saying she hated Kyron. “She states very clearly that she shared her feelings with Kaine," Desiree says. But, Kaine insists that he had no idea about Terri’s supposed feelings.

"I haven't seen any emails, so hearing that — that's a little bit of a shock to me," Kaine says.

He speaks like it's new news to him that Desiree says there are emails saying Terri hated Kyron but he's known about that since 2010 since the press asked him for comments when Desiree first spoke about this.
I think he may be a little selective in what he remembers.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/108352154.html
In 2010:
She also said investigators showed her e-mails Terri had sent to friends that indicated Terri hated Kyron.

“It’s very clear from Terri’s horrible words that she had a severe hatred for Kyron," Desiree said. "And that … she blamed a lot of the marital problems between Kaine and herself on Kyron. That was a huge point of contention in their marriage, and she had expressed in great detail her hatred for Kyron.”

Kaine would not confirm the e-mails but said, “It's very evident the relationship between them was strained, and the relationship was so strained that I saw it at least a few months out – and her and I were getting into arguments all the time about her relationships with the children in general.”

Also, here he is quoted in 2010 as saying that LE gave him the same info about the emails as Desiree.
http://www.kgw.com/news/Exclusive--Kyron-Hormans-Mom-Talks-About-Disturbing-Emails--108170584.html
Kaine held a press conference late Monday morning. He said he could not comment specifically on anything Desiree said during the Today Show, because he did not watch the interview. But he did confirm that he got the same information about Terri's emails from police on Friday as Desiree.

http://www.kptv.com/story/23465152/kyron-horman-case-returns-to-national-spotlight-with-dr-phil-show

"I don't blame Kaine for Kyron's disappearance. I want to make that very clear," Young said.

Young said she had concerns that Kaine Horman was ignoring signs, referring to the behavior of his wife, Terri Horman, who is Kyron Horman's stepmother.

Young said she believes Terri Horman had a drinking problem that led to Kyron Horman's unhappiness. She also cited emails that she said showed that Terri Horman hated Kyron. One email, Young said, claimed Terri and Kaine Horman fought the morning Kyron Horman disappeared in June 2010.

Kaine Horman denied the fighting and said that was one of many lies Terri Horman told.
McGraw presented a map of Skyline Elementary School, the last place Kyron Horman was seen, and his parents said Terri Horman's varying accounts of how she dropped Kyron Horman off that day made them and law enforcement suspicious.

I think he was saying he was not aware of it at the time they were sent not that he is not aware of it now or after the event.

They exist..

:twocents: This statement by Sheriff Staton has always "bothered me" :

From the Oregonian : September 15, 2010

Staton said the public will be surprised when they learn more details of the case. "We have a knowledge of things we wish we didn't," he said.

Link : http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/09/new_strategy_in_kyron_horman_c.html

Oh how I wish he would share some of this "knowledge of things" ... it's been over 3 YEARS since that statement was made and we still know nothing ...

:twocents:

If Kaine and Terri fought the morning Kyron disappeared (I'm guessing in the wee hours of the morning since school was fairly early at 8:15 am)...WHY would Kaine deny that they fought? It seems that the fight, if it occurred, could be part of a motive for Terri so why brush it off? I don't get it. He obviously believes she did it. Is the fight so sensitive that the subject matter cannot be drudged up at all even if it could be part of the motive of his own son's disappearance? I just don't understand that at all.

Also about Terri: what could cause a full grown adult to hate a seven year old boy so much to send anyone an email about it? An email indicating wanting to do harm on a kid??? I really don't get it. Even a kid from hell doesn't deserve hate and I really doubt Kyron was a kid from hell. JMO MOO.

Staton said the public will be surprised when they learn more details of the case. "We have a knowledge of things we wish we didn't," he said.

Link : http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/09/new_strategy_in_kyron_horman_c.html

Oh how I wish he would share some of this "knowledge of things" ... it's been over 3 YEARS since that statement was made and we still know nothing ...

Exactly! I clearly remember that. What would shock us?

I think he was saying he was not aware of it at the time they were sent not that he is not aware of it now or after the event.

They exist..

I agree! I thought the way Dr Phil phrased it was confusing. I took Kaines answer to mean that he saw the emails after the fact (when LE showed them to him) but he had no knowledge of them prior to that. It was "news to him" that he should have known about them earlier.

Very awkward questioning of DrP.

He speaks like it's new news to him that Desiree says there are emails saying Terri hated Kyron but he's known about that since 2010 since the press asked him for comments when Desiree first spoke about this.
I think he may be a little selective in what he remembers.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/108352154.html
In 2010:

Also, here he is quoted in 2010 as saying that LE gave him the same info about the emails as Desiree.
http://www.kgw.com/news/Exclusive--Kyron-Hormans-Mom-Talks-About-Disturbing-Emails--108170584.html

I thought I remembered that also. The information about the emails was divulged in a TV interview in which both Kaine and Desiree participated. They were so unified back then. I think at the time, we even discussed in forum, how long it would take Desiree to begin to resent Kaine. Not saying he is responsible, as an intentional act. But as a Mom, I certainly understand Desiree's feelings towards him. She wanted full custody of Kyron and was told no.

Speaking of pursuing custody. Has Desiree ever publicly given details as to why she did not take Kaine to court, even though he said no? I can't remember all the details on that.

I've not seen any evidence that proves Terri was or wasn't the last person to see Kyron.

The fact that Kaine refused DY permission to search his property doesn't help Kaine's credibility. There is no good reason for Kaine to refuse such a request.

JMO

Why should KH let DY search his property? As long as he cooperates with LE I don't see it as anything nefarious that he didn't let his ex wife search his property.

Respecfully snipped-
Always bothered me too.

If Kaine and Terri fought the morning Kyron disappeared (I'm guessing in the wee hours of the morning since school was fairly early at 8:15 am)...WHY would Kaine deny that they fought? It seems that the fight, if it occurred, could be part of a motive for Terri so why brush it off? I don't get it. He obviously believes she did it. Is the fight so sensitive that the subject matter cannot be drudged up at all even if it could be part of the motive of his own son's disappearance? I just don't understand that at all.

Also about Terri: what could cause a full grown adult to hate a seven year old boy so much to send anyone an email about it? An email indicating wanting to do harm on a kid??? I really don't get it. Even a kid from hell doesn't deserve hate and I really doubt Kyron was a kid from hell. JMO MOO.

BBM. I think all of us share that doubt.

What kind of parent allows the child to live in such a toxic environment? If Terri was a drunk who hated the child and she and Kaine were always arguing, Kaine had a responsibility to protect the children and remove them from such an environment. Instead, he waited until LE told him there was a "hit" on him.

JMO

I thought I remembered that also. The information about the emails was divulged in a TV interview in which both Kaine and Desiree participated. They were so unified back then. I think at the time, we even discussed in forum, how long it would take Desiree to begin to resent Kaine. Not saying he is responsible, as an intentional act. But as a Mom, I certainly understand Desiree's feelings towards him. She wanted full custody of Kyron and was told no.

Speaking of pursuing custody. Has Desiree ever publicly given details as to why she did not take Kaine to court, even though he said no? I can't remember all the details on that

I'm assuming it's because she received legal advice. Kaine had already established status quo. In order to get custody after that, she would have to show a "significant change in circumstances". (which is a legal term with a legal definition.) Just changing her mind doesn't come close to it.

Why should KH let DY search his property? As long as he cooperates with LE I don't see it as anything nefarious that he didn't let his ex wife search his property.

It's a moot point now. DY's request was made weeks ago and, according to the media articles, she felt they were "successful" in areas they were allowed to search.

JMO

BTW, not home in time for Dr. Phil and thank you all for the updates :blowkiss:

Can someone speak a little more on Desiree's response to the guest who spoke of there being no evidence?

She did not say anything to the lawyer.

Following that Dr. Phil said that they reached out to TH for an interview and read the email response to that request that declined because of "pending legal matters and ethical concerns". DY's replied, "I have a question, at what point in our world did Terry's rights become more important than Kyron's?"

Dr. Phil said that they could question her and asked what DY would like to be done. Dy said that they need to look for Kyron so he can be found and TH can be prosecuted. They discussed TH's failed poly. They could not say what the specific question was that TH failed, but they could say that TH was "ranting and raving" about failing the question about her involvement.

From what we've heard, Terri would often tell one story to one person & a different story to another person. Without knowing the context of the email Desiree is referring to, it's hard to say what Terri was trying to portray. Like - she might have been claiming that Kaine was angry that morning (like she was pointing the finger at him, and away from herself) - or she was playing the victim (my husband is so awful), or maybe she was flirting with some guy (our marriage is over, we fight all the time), or maybe she was trying to get sympathy from her parents, etc etc. And maybe they did fight, as in argue or get snippy with each other, and Kaine was so used to low level conflict it didn't even register. It could be anything. And to Desiree, so desperate to put the pieces together into a story of what happened to Kyron, maybe she's giving the mention of an argument a lot more weight than Kaine did. ?? Just a thought.

About Terri hating Kyron - I mean have you ever read those 'step-parent' forums? Oh my gosh, when someone mentioned those here before and I read some of the forum posts it was sickening. There is SO much resentment out there for step children. So much. I couldn't believe it, would never have imagined the level of resentment and I'd even go so far as to say "hatred" some of the posters had for their step children. And there were so MANY of them posting that stuff! It was an eye opener. I didn't know people like that existed, nevermind were so common. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member