Kyron's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyron is a lot older than Marx Barnes was when he went missing, I think he would be able to remember who he is barring some extraordinary circumstances.

Kyron is a lot older than Marx Barnes was when he went missing, I think he would be able to remember who he is barring some extraordinary circumstances.

Yes, but I keep remembering the book "My name is Stephen".

Keep the faith this could be Kyron's story someday....

A Philadelphia man brought an end to a missing child case – previously unsolved for 34 years – after browsing the Internet and finding that the person who disappeared was himself.

Steven Carter, 35, was searching MissingKids.com in 2010 when he stumbled upon an age-progression image of Marx Panama Moriarty Barnes that looked like him, ABC News reports.

“You look at the picture and it’s almost so similar you don’t know what to do,” Carter, a software salesman, told Fox News.

Steven then contacted his adoptive mother, Victoria, and sent her the baby image of Marx Panama Moriarty Barnes on the website.

Victoria Carter told ABC News that Barnes looked similar to photos they took of Steven when he was a baby. Victoria Carter claimed she adopted Steven at the age of 4 from a orphanage in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Steven was confirmed to be the baby in the photo after he provided police with information and completed a DNA match.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...ter-finding-himself-on-website/#ixzz1tapfiZAr

Wow, can we get the person who did the age progression on that baby to do an age progression on Kyron? It was eerie how they age progressed that rather generic looking baby to a young boy who looked exactly like the grown man. I don't know how they do that, but I would really love to see a good quality age progression of Kyron. The ones I've seen have all looked like bad amateur photoshop.

:tears::tears::tears: This is so sad and heartbreaking ! I hope and pray that this does NOT become a :coldcase:

While I have not been posting much here, I still look for news on Kyron all the time ...

Question for Kimster : Can we discuss "anything" here, except the divorce discussions would be on that thread ?

TIA !

:please::please::please: that Kyron is found !

I think it already is a cold case. Kyron's been missing for almost two years. When was the last time there was even a development? It does not seem like LE is close to making an arrest. Unfortunately, there's only been 23 posts about Kyron's case in the past month, so public interest is dwindling. I don't want to think about quiet this forum will be if the case remains unsolved a year...or more...later. I wish something would happen in this case that would put it back in the news, get people discussing it again, etc.

Kyron honey, please ask the angels to help us find you. For the sake of those who love you.
If somehow, you're still on this earth, I hope you feel the love that surrounds you each and every day. We're all on your side, my friend.

:tears::tears::tears: This is so sad and heartbreaking ! I hope and pray that this does NOT become a :coldcase:

While I have not been posting much here, I still look for news on Kyron all the time ...

Question for Kimster : Can we discuss "anything" here, except the divorce discussions would be on that thread ?

TIA !

:please::please::please: that Kyron is found !
'

Yes, you guys can discuss whatever on this thread. Look how few posts we've had since the forum was moved? :tears: How I wish Kyron would have been found this past winter! The foliage is growing back again and it breaks my heart he is out there somewhere. We need a miracle! :please:

Here's a mention of Kaine from KlaasKids: Making sure you guys see this: http://klaaskids.org/newsletters/Spring_2012.pdf

I don't believe Kyron will ever be found because LE focused (tunnel vision) on the wrong person - even though, I admit, that person did/does seem suspicious. However, that particular "person" isn't the only suspicious one in this case, but we are not allowed to get into "that".

Look at all the missing children/young women/people around the country. There's something "going on" and it ain't just in Florida. There is so much corruption/drugs/pedophiles/and just plain murderers running around that it's just plain scary, and so is the way LE treats (or not) some of these cases.

My opinion only.

If Terri is innocent, then LE definitely had major tunnel vision. There are a lot of cases where there's a main suspect(s) but it's usually acknowledged that maybe someone else was involved. Even with the Anthony case, you have the George theory. Even if it's portrayed as being a wacky theory, it's at least brought up. But if you watch anything about this case on TV, the only possibility discussed is that Terri kidnapped Kyron.

Another reason I think this case is pretty unusual is that you normally don't have the parents of a missing child accusing someone else in the media without that person being arrested. I've seen a lot of criticism of Desire and Kaine for that, and I think it's because people aren't used to that. If it was just the media implying that Terri is guilty, we would just go along with it, but when you have two people on TV who keep saying that someone is guilty, even though it's been two years and she hasn't been arrested, it bothers some viewers.

If Terri is innocent, then LE definitely had major tunnel vision. There are a lot of cases where there's a main suspect(s) but it's usually acknowledged that maybe someone else was involved. Even with the Anthony case, you have the George theory. Even if it's portrayed as being a wacky theory, it's at least brought up. But if you watch anything about this case on TV, the only possibility discussed is that Terri kidnapped Kyron.

Another reason I think this case is pretty unusual is that you normally don't have the parents of a missing child accusing someone else in the media without that person being arrested. I've seen a lot of criticism of Desire and Kaine for that, and I think it's because people aren't used to that. If it was just the media implying that Terri is guilty, we would just go along with it, but when you have two people on TV who keep saying that someone is guilty, even though it's been two years and she hasn't been arrested, it bothers some viewers.
Maybe so. But on the other hand, I think there are probably people who look at these situations differently after what happened with Josh Powell.

Maybe so. But on the other hand, I think there are probably people who look at these situations differently after what happened with Josh Powell.

Yeah, I WISH they would, since Kyron isn't with Terri or his father or his mother. I WISH they would look differently at this particular situation.

What does Josh Powell have to do with my post...? Do you mean about being open if you believe someone is dangerous? The comments I've seen that criticized Desiree and Kaine were made before Josh murdered his sons but I don't think his crime will make the criticizers change their opinion.

What does Josh Powell have to do with my post...? Do you mean about being open if you believe someone is dangerous? The comments I've seen that criticized Desiree and Kaine were made before Josh murdered his sons but I don't think his crime will make the criticizers change their opinion.

Yes, about aggressively targeting the person you think has killed your loved one. Not just because you think that person is dangerous, although that definitely plays a part in Kaine's handling of his and Terri's civil issues, but because it must be so frustrating to believe that person is guilty but is walking free. I know there were people who thought Chuck Cox was going over the line in the way he went after Steve and Josh Powell before Steve was arrested and Josh did what he did. And you may be right again, that the Powell case hasn't changed any minds, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has. Maybe there are some folks who look at Desiree's harshness towards Terri in a different light, especially since both cases have played out in the same area of the country.

Yes, about aggressively targeting the person you think has killed your loved one. Not just because you think that person is dangerous, although that definitely plays a part in Kaine's handling of his and Terri's civil issues, but because it must be so frustrating to believe that person is guilty but is walking free. I know there were people who thought Chuck Cox was going over the line in the way he went after Steve and Josh Powell before Steve was arrested and Josh did what he did. And you may be right again, that the Powell case hasn't changed any minds, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has. Maybe there are some folks who look at Desiree's harshness towards Terri in a different light, especially since both cases have played out in the same area of the country.

Josh killed his sons back in January or February, and there have been very few (or maybe no) articles since then so I don't know if people's opinions have changed. We'll have to wait until Desiree and Kaine do another interview to really find out. I would be surprised though if the people who have criticized them will do a 180. I don't think there's anything wrong with not agreeing with how D&K have handled this situation, but a lot of people on online news sites are pretty harsh about it. I just don't feel that another case is going to make people who can be pretty rude towards the parents of a missing child change their strong opinions.

But TBH with you, I don't really see how the Powell case is relevant to how D&K have acted. Most criticism I've seen of them has to do with them accusing Terri in the media, not restricting Terri from seeing her child. If you mean because Terri could be a murderer walking around, and D&K are speaking out to stop her from killing again, well there are a lot of people out there who are believed to be involved in a murder.

I think the circumstances of the cases are very different from each other that unless the media starts bringing them up together, people's opinions of one case are not going to affect how they see the other one, and vice versa.

I don't believe Kyron will ever be found because LE focused (tunnel vision) on the wrong person - even though, I admit, that person did/does seem suspicious. However, that particular "person" isn't the only suspicious one in this case, but we are not allowed to get into "that".

Look at all the missing children/young women/people around the country. There's something "going on" and it ain't just in Florida. There is so much corruption/drugs/pedophiles/and just plain murderers running around that it's just plain scary, and so is the way LE treats (or not) some of these cases.

My opinion only.

I heard one staggering statistic
that really sums it up for me...
some 250 KNOWN Serial Killers
driving coast to coast as long haul truckers
and the FBI is aware but cannot convict.
so that is 250 open cases regarding only one type of criminal...
there are tens of thousands in the same line of work
with varying degrees of criminal culpability
roaming the landscape.
that is very very scary.

Desiree and Kaine need Terri to be guilty...
anything else cannot be explained away or justified in their minds.

Desiree and Kaine need Terri to be guilty...
anything else cannot be explained away or justified in their minds.

To be frank I think everyone hopes it was Terri. Wrapping your mind around a stranger or friend making your son vanish in a small rual area is pretty scary. I'm sure they have good reasons to believe she was involved some how but they really don't know for sure. Nor do we.

Worse thing is the not knowing; the days, weeks, years of just not knowing for sure where he is or what happened. Thats got to be hell on earth. Going to work (because life continues no matter what the pain), doing regular things and Kyron is always on your mind. And there is nothing you can do about it.

I would hope that Terri would understand this one day and IF she had anything to do with Kyrons missing would come clean and tell everything she knows. Nobody should inflict such pain IF they know something more. I can't imagine hating people whom I had such a close relationship with (step parenting) that I would remain silent if I knew something that would stop their pain. Or at least give a clue to where he is. That would be monsterious; my hope and prayer is that Terri is a human and IF she knows anything will simply help stop their pain.

Kyron, may the Angels hold your hand.

Desiree is a different issue, but I think Kaine has hoped it wasn't Terri. Who wants to believe your wife is capable of that? I'm sure there are also unavoidable feelings of guilt he's had to struggle with for bringing her into Kyron's life. And nobody wants to face the possibility of having their daughter grow up with one parent because the other is in prison for something this awful. But now he does seem pretty resigned to the probability of Terri's guilt and I'm sure Terri's avoidance of their divorce/child visitation issues and her unwillingness to talk with investigators are playing a big part in that.

Can anyone tell me what is going on with the murder for hire part of this case? Why hasn't LE charged Terri with this matter? Does LE feel that if they act on this crime (and it is a crime to plot to kill someone) they will never learn the truth about Kyrons
disappearance? Did this MFH not really happen? Did LE or the press just blow a statement out of proportion?

LE needs to give a press conference with updates and maybe leak out a few more details
so we know they are working this case. Chances are there is a detail being withheld that would narrow our speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288