Found Alive Canada - L.S., 13, missing from Edmonton, AB, found alive in Oregon, 2022 *arrest*

Reaction score
Police searching for 13-year-old missing since Friday
Search continues for missing 13-year-old girl

LS was last seen around 8:30 a.m. on Friday, June 24th, 2022, near 131 Avenue and 91 Street. She was reported missing by her family, the Edmonton Police Service (EPS) said.

Police describe LS as a caucasian girl about five-foot-10 with a slim build, weighing around 100 pounds, with brown eyes and short brown hair.

She was last seen wearing a hoodie with a white and blue body, one green arm and one purple arm, with a checkered pocket on the front. She was also wearing ripped blue jeans, black Converse shoes and carrying a backpack, police said.

LS’s disappearance is considered out of character, causing police and her family to be concerned for her wellbeing.

Anyone who has information regarding LS’s whereabouts is asked to contact the EPS at 780-423-4567 or #377 from a mobile phone. Anonymous information can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or online at www.p3tips.com/250.

Last edited by a moderator:
The family of a 13-year-old Edmonton girl who has been missing for nearly a week say they fear she “could be anywhere in the country right now.”

“People need to realize that she is in danger, and she needs help,” MS, the father of 13-year-old LS, said Thursday.

Local news outlets, radio stations, billboards and social media have been buzzing since the girl disappeared. A Facebook group titled “Missing: LS” had more than 16,000 members as of Thursday. Former Alberta premier Rachel Notley shared the missing poster to Twitter.

People need to realize that LS is a good kid. This is completely out of character for LS … LS is a sweet, quiet, reserved child. You know, she keeps to herself, she loves artwork, she loves animals, she loves being in the outdoors.
Missing Edmonton girl’s father pleads with Canadians: ‘She is in danger, and she needs help’

LS'S BACKPACK: "LS has a grey Herschel backpack. It contained an art kit, Her Father said no additional clothes where taken or anything she owned other then her school stuff.."

Canadians keep your eyes open for this backpack. If you spot it, please do not touch it or disturb the area around it. Contact police immediately, advise that you believe you may have located LS's backpack and follow their directions

Attachments

• 290940770_10224975741434379_5101577731373549746_n.jpg
    290940770_10224975741434379_5101577731373549746_n.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 2
Just had a look at the Missing Group for LS and they are very organized and working hard to find LS. They’re doing a great job.

I’m somewhat concerned that Edmonton police don’t seem to think foul play is at work here.

I’d like to know if they’ve gone through her phone or computer as no one has mentioned anything about an online grooming possibility. It would be the first place I would look.

Will be keeping an eye on this one.

MOO

Here's another article:

“This is not who LS is, this is out of character for her,” said Hanson. “We’re recognizing that we need to expand the reach and see if there are people who have seen her elsewhere in Alberta, in Canada, who can provide any sort of information to police.”

Search for missing Edmonton teen LS expanded to Calgary, out-of-province cities

@Tealgrove I was going to ask the same questions. Sometimes people use "secret" apps to hide their communications. There's also sites like Discord which AFAIK is a message board/forum. I think young people use TikTok these days?

Did LS typically take a regular city bus or a school bus? Did she actually board the bus? I'm assuming not as the driver would've been a witness, no?

At 5'10 and 100 lbs LS would stand out to me. Hopefully LE will be able to recover CCTV or other footage. People don't just disappear.

Here's another article:

“This is not who LS is, this is out of character for her,” said Hanson. “We’re recognizing that we need to expand the reach and see if there are people who have seen her elsewhere in Alberta, in Canada, who can provide any sort of information to police.”

Search for missing Edmonton teen LS expanded to Calgary, out-of-province cities

@Tealgrove I was going to ask the same questions. Sometimes people use "secret" apps to hide their communications. There's also sites like Discord which AFAIK is a message board/forum. I think young people use TikTok these days?

Did LS typically take a regular city bus or a school bus? Did she actually board the bus? I'm assuming not as the driver would've been a witness, no?

At 5'10 and 100 lbs LS would stand out to me. Hopefully LE will be able to recover CCTV or other footage. People don't just disappear.
Unfortunately teens use all kinds of apps to communicate.

From the Official Missing FB page, my understanding is that she got on the School Bus, got off at school, but did not enter the school.

All I know is that her Family has posters and billboards all ACROSS CANADA! They are out there in force.

LS was last seen near Killarney School, north of downtown Edmonton, around 8:30 a.m. on June 24. She’d taken the bus to school that morning, but didn’t make it to class. Her family later reported her missing to police.

Missing Edmonton girl’s father pleads with Canadians: ‘She is in danger, and she needs help’
''She’s described as about 5-foot-10, Caucasian, with a slim build. She has blue eyes, short brown hair and was last seen wearing a backpack and blue and white sweater with a checkered pattern on the front pocket, along with ripped blue jeans and black Converse sneakers.

MS says he’s been pounding the pavement at night, talking to anyone in the city he can and hoping to drum up any shred of information.

“People need to realize that LS is a good kid. This is completely out of character for LS … LS is a sweet, quiet, reserved child. You know, she keeps to herself, she loves artwork, she loves animals, she loves being in the outdoors.

“This is not her character to want to be, you know, out and about without her family, without her animals, without her sister, her mum and dad.”

”We’re trying to remind, especially her little sister, that it’s important that news of her disappearance is out there,” said family friend and spokesperson Robyn Hanson. “Because as scary as it is, it means that more people are looking, more people are searching, and so many people care.”

Hanson says LS’s school principal has been involved in the case and is staying in touch with the family and police.

“He’s been working all avenues he can to speak with students, to speak with parents, to speak with teachers, so I know that even though now it is summertime, he is completely active and engaged in the search for LS,” said Hanson.

Hanson also shared LS’s mother’s first statement on Facebook Thursday.

“I remain at home to provide stability to LS’s younger sister, who is heartbroken,” read the mother’s statement. “This is not a situation any parent or sibling should ever have to comprehend or endure. Please know, I am at home, waiting for our baby to walk through the front door.”
1656715060700.png
*Killarney Junior High School

@Tealgrove Good point, I was just naming ones I've seen involved in other cases/situations.

I also hadn't seen those details and misunderstood! I'd read "didn't reach the school" and thought maybe she hadn't taken the bus at all. Strange that she had been on the bus with other students and then upon arrival to school, no one saw anything?

Never done this before but here I am. We need to collectively find LS.

I have reached out to her parents to get then verified here at WS V

I believe that we need to help find LS.

Please…dig deep and help this family.

One of the first things to occur to me after seeing LS's pic and reading her stats, is that someone may have approached her to model. She is tall, 5'10'', slim, photogenic and very young!
Maybe the person appealed to her artistic side.
speculation, imo.
Examples.
''David Shipley, a cyber security expert in Fredericton, said predators use social media to lure children too often, especially in Canada.

"It's extraordinarily disturbingly common. There are numerous cases in Canada … with the commonality being criminals using technology, social media sites, Snapchat as well, to target children."

The questions that come to mind for me are as follows:

News articles have mentioned she recently changed schools. Was she missing her friends from her other school? Was she facing challenges at her new school or old school?

Did the bus arrive early that morning? Could she have decided to get a snack at the cafe beside the school? Did she often go to get a snack at the cafe across the street from the school?

Her parents appear to be divorced (or separated). Was there any challenges at home / tensions (which can easily happen)?

Was she involved in any arts extra curriculars?

Did she play video games or was she a member of any arts forums/discord?

As one poster alluded to, was she involved in modelling at all?

Not sure if these might get anyone thinking but just wanted to share.

One of the first things to occur to me after seeing LS's pic and reading her stats, is that someone may have approached her to model. She is tall, 5'10'', slim, photogenic and very young!
Maybe the person appealed to her artistic side.
speculation, imo.
Examples.
''David Shipley, a cyber security expert in Fredericton, said predators use social media to lure children too often, especially in Canada.

"It's extraordinarily disturbingly common. There are numerous cases in Canada … with the commonality being criminals using technology, social media sites, Snapchat as well, to target children."
I was thinking the same thing. That is a lure that has been used successfully in many past cases. And LS is very attractive and tall and may have actually considered wanting to model someday.

These predators offer business cards and then say we can pay you X amount of cash right now, to take some pictures to see how they do...young naive girls will often fall for it.

It may have been set up in previous days---maybe she thought she was going to have a quick morning interview and then go back to school?

I am in Los Angeles, so may be it is more prevalent here? But my daughter and her friends have had it happen to them literally dozens of times---some random guy or girl will hand them a business card and quickly try to explain about an audition or photo shoot opportunity...

This one is an odd situation. We have a child that arrived at the school but then went where? How does somebody walk away at that time of day unnoticed. Did she get into a vehicle?
I only heard about this case because somebody I know posted it on Facebook. The police haven't been too vocal about it and I don't live very far away. In fact my friends in Edmonton haven't even posted about it which is odd.
Was there any mental health concerns? Are the parents separated? Who has custody?
In one of the photos where she is sitting she doesn't look 13. She looks much older. If she is tall for her age people may not realize she is a child.

Presuming it's a school bus
What about the other kids in the school bus? Did she talk with someone during the ride? She was seated alone or with another kid? How was she that morning? Like usual? Talkative? Keeping to herself?

No kid paid ANY attention when she left the bus and and went around the school instead of coming in the building for class?
Some kid knows something but keeping secrets?

Reading that she doesn't have her phone at her at all times like many kids at this age changes things for me.... I assumed maybe she met someone online...but maybe not.

Since early June, there is also two other teen girls missing in Edmonton.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back