LA - 28 injured when car runs into Mardi Gras parade, 25 Feb 2017

Beautiful home. Love it.

I want one of these !!

images-for-gt-beautiful-modern-mansions-with-pools.jpg

[FONT=&amp]Overall, at least 32 people [/FONT]were injured [FONT=&amp]in the tragedy

[/FONT]
Here is the pic he posted at 735 AN yesterday

neil2.jpg

Notice the number of views !

ANother post that afternoon is here has the fuc##d in it so did not post !! It is worth seeing however.

I have to say I spent some time on his FB this AM and did not see either of these.

The day before

neil3.jpg

[FONT=&amp]one woman, age 22, “is in critical condition with a lacerated liver and other internal injuries to her abdomen.”

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]New Orleans is known for its drinking culture and daiquiri stands. Is that not the understatement of the century !!

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“planning to attend the University of Louisiana at Lafayette to study computer engineering.

He looks very different from one pic to another and his clothing / dressing is rather strange - (moo)but he did have a lot of "artsy" postings on his FB so who knows.

Moo, gmas word usage appeared rather simple.

[/FONT]
http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/endymion-parade-video-photos-crash-new-orleans-pics-deaths-injuries-suspect-watch-you-tube/

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/neils...river-facebook-photos-mugshot-arrest-suspect/

The number of views of the truck "driving skills" post from his FB isn't the number of people who have viewed his post - it's the number of views for that post on the FB account of whomever he shared (or copied) the post from. Great catch on his posts. He clearly has little respect for traffic laws or anyone else on the road - either in a car or standing there completely defenseless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$125,000 bond in a New Orleans jail, The Advocate reported. Commissioner Robert Blackburn said if Rizzuto makes bond he would be placed under house arrest, forced to wear an ankle monitor and would be prohibited from driving.

He went to watch parade with friend . Told his father someone gave him a drink and that is last he remembers

http://www.wwltv.com/news/crime/father-of-endymion-crash-driver-says-son-is-not-that-kind-of-person/414872656

[FONT=&quot]"When he sped up people were just bouncing off the hood of his car like bowling pins," Ascani told NBC News. "And they were scattered everywhere. There were dozens."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]tested at the scene

[/FONT]
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/suspected-drunken-driver-slams-new-orleans-parade-crowd-28-hurt-n725681

Anyone know if the occupants of the white car were transported?

Former WSMV anchor and reporter Jonathan Martin was standing in the crowd when 25-year-old Neilson Rizzuto allegedly drove into a group of people, sending 21 of them to the hospital.
“I saw at least seven or eight people on the ground,” Martin said. “I saw another person who was pinned near a dump truck. I also saw one woman screaming, it appeared her arm had been broken.”

http://www.wsmv.com/story/34609714/former-wsmv-anchor-witnesses-mardi-gras-parade-crash

$125,000 bond in a New Orleans jail, The Advocate reported. Commissioner Robert Blackburn said if Rizzuto makes bond he would be placed under house arrest, forced to wear an ankle monitor and would be prohibited from driving.

He went to watch parade with friend . Told his father someone gave him a drink and that is last he remembers

http://www.wwltv.com/news/crime/father-of-endymion-crash-driver-says-son-is-not-that-kind-of-person/414872656
But his alcohol level was high. So no one can do that to you but you. It's not like someone slipped him something. 9 drinks is nothing in new Orleans but his bac is crazy high!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Well I'm hoping they did a blood draw, would be horrible to have been drugged and end up doing something like this. I was at a bar once where the bartender kept hitting on me, I had two drinks over 6 hours. Last thing I remember were all the lights looking like they had giant halos before blacking out. Thank the lord for having good friends with me. IF, and I say that with a really big IF, what would happen legally? How would he prove he was drugged vs took them willingly?

Well I'm hoping they did a blood draw, would be horrible to have been drugged and end up doing something like this. I was at a bar once where the bartender kept hitting on me, I had two drinks over 6 hours. Last thing I remember were all the lights looking like they had giant halos before blacking out. Thank the lord for having good friends with me. IF, and I say that with a really big IF, what would happen legally? How would he prove he was drugged vs took them willingly?

I would think maybe some drugs are not common to voluntarily take for recreation. But if his blood alcohol Content was .225 or whatever, I think that's alcohol reading

I'm certainly not defending this young man, but I'm also not going to assume I fully understand the science behind BAC breathalizers. However, I do know that they can produce false positives because breathalizers can't differentiate between elements in a person's breath - they react to anything ethyl or methyl.

They can show a BAC to be much higher if the person being tested recently took a drink of alcohol and, conversely, can show a reading much lower because alcohol has yet to be metabolized. In many states the results of hand held breathalizers are not admissible in court because the results are so unreliable. Energy drinks and food cooked with alcohol in it can cause a positive BAC on a breathalizer.

That's about all I know about how these things work, which isn't much. However, it's enough to know that if I'm ever in a situation where I'm being accused of DUI when I know I haven't been drinking I'm insisting on a blood test and refusing a breathalizer.

I'm certainly not defending this young man, but I'm also not going to assume I fully understand the science behind BAC breathalizers. However, I do know that they can produce false positives because breathalizers can't differentiate between elements in a person's breath - they react to anything ethyl or methyl.

They can show a BAC to be much higher if the person being tested recently took a drink of alcohol and, conversely, can show a reading much lower because alcohol has yet to be metabolized. In many states the results of hand held breathalizers are not admissible in court because the results are so unreliable. Energy drinks and food cooked with alcohol in it can cause a positive BAC on a breathalizer.

That's about all I know about how these things work, which isn't much. However, it's enough to know that if I'm ever in a situation where I'm being accused of DUI when I know I haven't been drinking I'm insisting on a blood test and refusing a breathalizer.

They didn't do a breathalyzer on scene. I can bet they did blood. They never don't! Even if you blow, they blood draw once they bring you in. It's to solidify the evidence.

They didn't do a breathalyzer on scene. I can bet they did blood. They never don't! Even if you blow, they blood draw once they bring you in. It's to solidify the evidence.

From what I've read, Louisiana is a implied consent state, which means anyone suspected of DUI must be tested immediately after arrest; the accused is only tested one time; and they choose between urine, breath, or blood. There isn't a second test and blood is the one test of the three that can be refused without penalty. However, if blood is chosen it is done at a medical facility, not the police station. The accused can opt for a second test, but it is done at their own expense and will only be reimbursed if the accused is found not guilty.

http://dui.drivinglaws.org/resources/dui-refusal-blood-breath-urine-test/louisiana.htm

I think the fact that he was having difficulty standing up said quite a bit to me. And if he wasn't drunk or high, than he plowed through a crowd sober. I hope his punishment is severe.

From what I've read, Louisiana is a implied consent state, which means anyone suspected of DUI must be tested immediately after arrest; the accused is only tested one time; and they choose between urine, breath, or blood. There isn't a second test and blood is the one test of the three that can be refused without penalty. However, if blood is chosen it is done at a medical facility, not the police station. The accused can opt for a second test, but it is done at their own expense and will only be reimbursed if the accused is found not guilty.

http://dui.drivinglaws.org/resources/dui-refusal-blood-breath-urine-test/louisiana.htm

Would this also apply with 28 bodies on the ground? What if a judge issued a warrant? Just curious because I really don't know. TIA

Would this also apply with 28 bodies on the ground? What if a judge issued a warrant? Just curious because I really don't know. TIA

I would imagine that, especially in this particular case, LE will be able to legally get pretty much any warrant they want - and I hope they do. I hope LE is double and triple checking their i's and t's to make sure everything is done exactly right and this defendant isn't given any cracks to slip through.

That's why I posted the info I know about Breathalyzers - there's so much reliance placed on them in general and in this thread, but they are not fool-proof. So I hope LE is doing everything legally within their means to make sure there's no wiggle room in building their case to prosecute the defendant so there's nothing the defendant and/or his lawyer can exploit or manipulate.

On the Today show this morning, they said that his BAC was .23 2 hours after the wreck. That would be a blood draw. This dude was HIGHLY intoxicated. Sadly, there were a kajillion other people leaving that parade route the exact same way. I don't go on the roads at all during our high drinking times- Mardi Gras, 4th of July, New Year's Eve, Jazz Fest, French Quarter Fest, St. Patrick's Day parade, Super Bowl.... New Orleans is a tolerant and accepting town for heavy drinking. Which I like, as a girl who was out in the nightlife for a whooole lot of years! But, it does come with a side effect of people irresponsibly driving afterwards. I literally try to not even go out on those days/ nights at all. I leave my fun days to the days off for everyone else! :)

Also, I haven't seen anything official, but I think they got this dude medically checked out, anyway. He wouldn't be able to tell them if he was hurt and they wouldn't want something to happen to him, by not checking.

Him saying he was drugged

I agree.

And imo it is a possibility. When I read it I thought that does make some sense. Trust me I have had days of drinking that should have put my organs into death mode!!!

Am starting to wonder if it was a pass out, crash, startle awake and jerk the wheel to the left.

They will do an accident reconstruction - lets say nod off crash, then impact, and turn to left -- the car was out of control by witness accounts

It was a drinking day..

The French Quarter is very very very connected to getting blasted and then blasted - just the vibe.

bartenders are not doing measured cocktails!!

Its an awesome trashy Disney land!!

I kinda think we are back to this "wait for half a year " for complex toxicology results.

I still feel moo, that this was a troubled kid - we will see, but then I say to myself it could have been a wreck and nothing more in terms of any intent.

Let's think about it -- dozens are killed or injured daily cause of motor vehicles and ethanol- so it really is not all that out there.

Tragic accident??

moo

This was not in the quarter. Most people are not in the bars during parades. But they have mass amounts of alcohol in ice chests. And considering that a "bar tab" is not even a deterrent, things are wild. No doubt this dude was just drinking, not being served. My brothers have all kinds of specialty drinks for different times of the day! Bloody Mary's for breakfast, homemade Margarita brunch... it goes on and on.

Problem with him acting like he was drugged is that won't cause a .23 blood ALCOHOL content. That's a different toxicology type. Straight up. Dude seems a little awkward and lonely. He probably found some courage and companionship in a bottle that day. Messed up reeeeeal bad. But, if he is sincerely remorseful and makes a public apology, people will eventually forgive him. They won't forget, but they are quick to mend fences with a true apology here. Laissez les bon Temps rouler! (Let the good times roll).

I did see another article tonight saying a witness saw him hit a guy in the street first. She said that's what set off the chain of events. I will have to find it on the computer tomorrow. On the advocate, I think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back