LA - 9 Children shot, mass shooting at 12 yr old’s birthday party; LaPlace; 17 Apr 2021

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
A neighbor who saw paramedics take the victims to the hospital said all the victims were children, celebrating a birthday party in a garage nearby. Rashad Bolden lives two doors down from where the shooting took place, and he told WWLTV's Paul Dudley he was home when the shooting happened Saturday night.

"Everybody I saw taken to the ambulance — they were all kids," Bolden said. "I looked out my window and saw a whole bunch of people scurrying, so I came outside."

Bolden said he believes the shooter was also a child. bbm

"For someone to just shoot into the garage full of kids, that’s kind of heartless," Bolden said. "You want to call it heartless, but you know they are not old enough to know what heartless is."

Arriving at the scene around 8:30 p.m., sheriff's deputies said they learned an argument led to gunfire that left several victims wounded, a statement from the St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff's Office said.

"Most of the injuries were non-life-threatening, but I know two or three people did leave on a stretcher," Bolden said. "I think everybody made it to this point. Thank God for that."

The shooting happened in the 600 block of Golfview Drive, near where the road crosses Laffitte Street.

"As of this morning, the SJSO is not aware of any fatalities related to the incident," the statement said. "No one has been arrested at this time. More information will be announced as it becomes available. "

Anyone willing to share information that can help police in the investigation can call CrimeStoppers toll-free at 1.877.903.7867
'They were all kids'; 6 wounded in shooting at Louisiana 12-year-old's birthday party
“I was in there,” she said. “I was in there with them. As soon as I walk in the kitchen, pop, pop, pop, pop. This (bleep) is crazy.”

The mother says her daughter feels like the shooting is her fault because she wanted a party.

“She just wanted to have one more party here in Louisiana and have fun with her friends before she moved to Atlanta and create more memories and this is not how I want her to remember her 12th birthday party,” the mother said.

St. John Parish investigators discovered nine juveniles were injured. Of the nine, seven were treated at a local hospital and released. Two remain in the hospital in stable condition.

According to the sheriff’s office, those injured were a 17-year-old male shot in the arm; a 16-year-old male grazed in the ribs; a 15-year-old male with a graze wound to the ankle; a 15-year-old male shot in the foot; a 14-year-old male shot in the leg; a 13-year-old male shot in the leg; and a 12-year-old shot in both legs.

A 16-year-old male shot in the stomach and a 14-year-old male with a gunshot wound to the head remain in the hospital.
"This is not how I want her to remember her 12th birthday party" | wwltv.com

As many as 60 young people were at the party, including two feuding groups of juveniles which began arguing before gunfire erupted.

Officers have determined two guns were fired.

“Not one person has given a formal statement,” said Sheriff Tregre. “I am asking witnesses to come forward with information to help us learn more about what happened.”

Anyone with information about this is shooting is encouraged to call the St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff’s Office TIPS line at 985-359-TIPS, Juvenile Detective Ann Taylor at 985-359-8765 or Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111.

Callers do not have to give their name or testify to be eligible for the up to a $2,500 reward from Crimestoppers.
Local birthday party shooting investigation now reports nine injured – all teenagers, gunman still at large | KLFY

A mass shooting is defined as four or more people (excluding the gunman) being injured or killed in an incident. So far in 2021, Shreveport has seen three mass shootings, the most of any city in Louisiana.

In an average year in Louisiana, more than 500 people are killed with firearms, which is the second highest rate of gun deaths in the country, according to everytown.org. Louisiana also has the highest rate of gun injuries from assaults and police shootings of any state in the U.S. That information comes from the CDC.

From 2016 to 2020, Louisiana averaged 19 mass shootings per year, says gunviolencearchive.org. During that same time period, Shreveport saw an average of two mass shootings per year, with a total of four people killed and 48 injured.

So far in 2021, the State of Louisiana has experienced 11 mass shootings; Shreveport has more than any other city in the state. Baton Rouge and New Orleans each have two so far. In Shreveport’s mass shootings so far in 2021, two people have died and 14 have been injured, according to gunviolencearchive.org.

MASS SHOOTINGS IN SHREVEPORT IN 2021
Shreveport has seen 3 mass shootings so far in 2021; La. ranks highest in the country for rate of gun injuries
*this report hasn’t yet updated the birthday party shooting

All those older youths at girl turning twelve is a bit unusual, isn't it? The day before, she was eleven.
My thoughts, too -- then I thought, maybe the 16 y/o was a relative of the 12 y/o... Further, that was a rather large number of people at a birthday party for a 12 y/o -- again, maybe a lot of relatives and neighbors came.
That poor little girl -- becoming 12 years old is a pretty big deal to most 11 y/o kids -- feeling so grown-up. What a tragedy for the 12 y/o, and for everyone else.
How awful. So thankful no one was killed.
A birthday party for a little 12 year old girl.
Oh, yes, don't we love our guns...smh

“Through further investigation, officers discovered nine juveniles were injured,” St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff’s Office said in a media statement. “Of the nine, seven were treated at a local hospital and released. Two remain in the hospital in stable condition. Those injured were a 17-year-old male shot in the arm; a 16-year-old male grazed in the ribs; a 15-year-old male with a graze wound to the ankle; a 15-year-old male shot in the foot; a 14-year-old male shot in the leg; a 13-year-old male shot in the leg; and a 12-year-old shot in both legs. A 16-year-old male shot in the stomach and a 14-year-old male with a gunshot wound to the head remain in the hospital.”

“Not one person has given a formal statement,” Sheriff Tregre said in a statement following the incident. “I am asking witnesses to come forward with information to help us learn more about what happened.”

Anyone with information about this shooting is encouraged to call the St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff’s Office and could be eligible for up to a $2,500 reward from Crimestoppers.
9 juveniles injured in gunfight that broke out at 12-year-old's birthday party
*comments are wild...

All those older youths at girl turning twelve is a bit unusual, isn't it? The day before, she was eleven.

kids with guns seems more unusual to me! Or it might just be that I’m not from the US. I’m astounded every time there’s a mass shooting! I don’t think I will ever understand how this keeps happening. Moo

“Through further investigation, officers discovered nine juveniles were injured,” St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff’s Office said in a media statement. “Of the nine, seven were treated at a local hospital and released. Two remain in the hospital in stable condition. Those injured were a 17-year-old male shot in the arm; a 16-year-old male grazed in the ribs; a 15-year-old male with a graze wound to the ankle; a 15-year-old male shot in the foot; a 14-year-old male shot in the leg; a 13-year-old male shot in the leg; and a 12-year-old shot in both legs. A 16-year-old male shot in the stomach and a 14-year-old male with a gunshot wound to the head remain in the hospital.”

“Not one person has given a formal statement,” Sheriff Tregre said in a statement following the incident. “I am asking witnesses to come forward with information to help us learn more about what happened.”

A
Anyone with information about this shooting is encouraged to call the St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff’s Office and could be eligible for up to a $2,500 reward from Crimestoppers.
*comments are wild...

I know I am late to this thread, but I thought we weren't supposed to gather in large groups such as this during COVID 19?

I know I am late to this thread, but I thought we weren't supposed to gather in large groups such as this during COVID 19?
I think large gatherings were allowed as of April 15th, depending on the area. I can't believe out of all those people nobody will give police a formal statement. Someone has to start talking soon. Maybe some of the victims will eventually speak to investigators.

I think large gatherings were allowed as of April 15th, depending on the area. I can't believe out of all those people nobody will give police a formal statement. Someone has to start talking soon. Maybe some of the victims will eventually speak to investigators.
60 people outdoors in a park would be a safe and logical place during Covid but
60 people in a GARAGE?
No way....

60 people in a GARAGE?
No way....
Maybe some were outside or crashed the party. I'm sure if they broke any rules LE can fine them.

Somehow I think they are more concerned about the two guns brought to the party, the nine kids who were shot or injured, and the fact that nobody is cooperating. Breaking covid restrictions is likely their least concern right now. They need to investigate and there must be witnesses who know who brought the guns, who did the shooting, and what the dispute was that led to the attack in the first place.

I have no doubt that some of the kids know, but either are afraid or refuse to be snitches. LE needs some kind of leverage to get them to talk.

Sometimes this kind of violence stems from something minor, like an argument over a girl/boy. Imo

Last edited:
60 people in a GARAGE?
No way....
Oops sorry, it was actually March 2nd that it was announced Louisiana would be moving into phase 3. So depending on the area, indoor concerts, theatres, and large gatherings were allowed by April. I think outdoor gatherings are limited to 250 and indoor gatherings allow 150 people. So apparently they were within the limits. Imo

My thoughts, too -- then I thought, maybe the 16 y/o was a relative of the 12 y/o... Further, that was a rather large number of people at a birthday party for a 12 y/o -- again, maybe a lot of relatives and neighbors came.
That poor little girl -- becoming 12 years old is a pretty big deal to most 11 y/o kids -- feeling so grown-up. What a tragedy for the 12 y/o, and for everyone else.
How awful. So thankful no one was killed.
A birthday party for a little 12 year old girl.
Oh, yes, don't we love our guns...smh

Morning all!

What it does show in all the mass shooting happening in LA were predominantly illegally obtained firearms.

No child their ages should even be around firearms legally or illegally..much less be able to shoot anyone.

I feel so sad for the little girl who had her birthday ruined. It's not just her though people are being shot with many being killed by drive by shooters at funerals or wakes.

Look at how many murder cases we read about right here where the murderers have an enhancement charge added because they were in possession of an illegal firearm, and used it in the commission of felony murder. Many are ex felons.

We have to find a way to get all of these illegal firearms out of the hands of so many bad people who have them in order to do great harm against others.

Imo, the FBI needs to come in to help anywhere they know illegal weapons are saturating the cities with even higher violent crimes than in the past which was already high, but even much higher now.

If convicted of possessing an illegal firearm, and they are ex felons the Feds sentence if convicted is from five to ten years for that charge alone. At least it would get some of them off the streets.

Jmho

Last edited:
kids with guns seems more unusual to me! Or it might just be that I’m not from the US. I’m astounded every time there’s a mass shooting! I don’t think I will ever understand how this keeps happening. Moo

Sadly it keeps happening because we have so many who have illegally obtained their weapons.

It seems those who does obtain them illegally often winds up using them to hurt thousands every year including homicides, armed robbery, and rapes or carjackings. Etc.

I don't understand either why there isn't a major crack down in areas our police knows are filled with those who have illegal firearms. They know most are those who already have criminal records prohibiting any of them from having any type of firearm.

Jmho

*comments are wild...

Surely someone will call CS since its totally anonymous.

Shooting nine children in a mass shooting should be a huge news story with many interested in knowing if the perp has been found, and charged with nine attempted murders!

Fgs, the victims are young children.:(

Jmho

I have to wonder why there were 60 people at a 12 year-old's birthday party, too.

What about the older kids? Was alcohol or other drugs involved?

When I was a kid, most kids celebrated with a small group of friends, with cake and ice cream, not with guns and a huge bunch of people, especially in tight quarters.

I have to wonder why there were 60 people at a 12 year-old's birthday party, too.

What about the older kids? Was alcohol or other drugs involved?

When I was a kid, most kids celebrated with a small group of friends, with cake and ice cream, not with guns and a huge bunch of people, especially in tight quarters.

Me too, Mary. and they were all our age.

I sure wish we could get an update on the mass shooter.

You would think the shooting of NINE young CHILDEN would be a major news story, but I haven't seen any national MSM carry it. If they aren't carrying it what does that say about our society, and our media as well?

Do they not cover it because they already know it wouldn't be of interest to the majority of their viewers?

SMH.

JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88