• Missing Since 03/10/1970
  • Missing From New Orleans, Louisiana
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 05/28/1950 (71)
  • Age 19 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8, 160 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Bourque failed to report for duty at Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi, Mississippi on February 9, 1970. He had been transferred there for advanced training after completing basic training at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas; he was supposed to serve a six-month Air National Guard tour.

He was last seen a month later, March 10, on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, Louisiana during Mardi Gras. He has never been heard from again. Bourque lived in Manchester, New Hampshire at the time of his disappearance. Few details are available in his case.

And it appears Alan’s mom passed away in 2019 :(:
“Lucille's family was what was most important to her in her life. ... Lucille was predeceased by her husband of 41 years, Alfred A. Bourque, in 1989, and their son, Alan R. Bourque.“
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legacy.com/obituaries/unionleader/obituary.aspx?n=lucille-r-bourque&pid=193485092&fhid=4703
She passed without true answers as to what happened. As one of his family members, we want to find answers so please keep talking and sharing his story! #bringalanhome

I think that you all would love to know this as I have seen how much you are invested In this case…As an update, our family has submitted DNA in the hopes that we can move closer to answers. Please continue to share and talk about this case because the more we talk about this, the more hope it gives that he won’t be forgotten. We just want to know we did all we could and maybe bring him home. #bringalanhome

I think that you all would love to know this as I have seen how much you are invested In this case…As an update, our family has submitted DNA in the hopes that we can move closer to answers. Please continue to share and talk about this case because the more we talk about this, the more hope it gives that he won’t be forgotten. We just want to know we did all we could and maybe bring him home. #bringalanhome
Welcome to Websleuths! Your family took a big step and I too hope this brings you all some answers. :)

I promise to never stop looking for him and dedicated a post to him on my lost boys page

What about the Lake County Colorado John Doe (Independence Pass Doe) - thoughts?

I don't see his grad date from Lakeland noted anywhere and I'm ignoring the Mardi Gras sighting. Maybe he went to go skiing in Colorado before heading to Biloxi.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last edited:
I recently submitted a potential match via Namus to this John Doe, who was found with a USMC (Marine Corps) shirt... I don't know for sure that Alan was reporting for marine Corps Duty but the resemblance and circumstances look possible:
1010UMTX
1010UMTX

1010UMTX_LARGE.jpg
That there is 'Swimsuit Boy', one of serial killer Dean Corll's unidentified victims. Could Corll have gone to Louisiana to find victims or perhaps Alan Bourke fled to Houston and fell in with Corll and his 2 accomplices? Being from out of state would provide a very logical explanation as to why he has remained unidentified for so long.

That there is 'Swimsuit Boy', one of serial killer Dean Corll's unidentified victims. Could Corll have gone to Louisiana to find victims or perhaps Alan Bourke fled to Houston and fell in with Corll and his 2 accomplices? Being from out of state would provide a very logical explanation as to why he has remained unidentified for so long.
I just checked Bourke's NamUs profile again and in the "comparisons", "Swimsuit" boy is listed as "excluded", and is at the top of the list, therefore he is NOT Swimsuit Boy. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I remember reading somewhere that Corll was a big fan of the Mardi Gras and often went to it. Take with a grain of salt, but maybe he met Alan there, killed him and dumped him somewhere in Louisiana?

Hi all! I’ve made posts before, but I’m on here again in the hopes to give this a jump and put back on the radar. As one of his family members, we want what you want… answers. It’s been difficult, but here are the highlights that we know. He was in the process of transferring bases and failed to report. The story has always been that he went to Mardi Gras for the parade and vanished. From what we’ve heard he was with friends, he stepped out of the bar to watch it and then he was never seen again. The case was reopened by the Air Force thanks to the work of his sister and they began interviewing those known to be there, and over a year ago familial DNA was submitted and prior to that, photos. We have not given up. I’ve been reaching out to podcasts and others for hopes of covering his story and we are trying to see the status of the DNA and there they are at with this all. So all we ask is that you don’t give up either. We just want to know we tried all that we could. #bringalanhome

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back