LA LA - Amy Crow, 33, New Orleans, 19 Oct 2015

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by los2188, Oct 19, 2015.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Amy Marie Crow
    [​IMG]
    Woman reported missing last seen in the French Quarter
    "Police are asking for the public's help to find 33-year-old Amy Marie Crow.

Crow was last seen by her husband on Oct. 19 near Jackson Square. According to police, Crow and her husband were near Jackson Square around midnight when he lost sight of her in a crowd of people. She has not been seen or heard from since."

http://m.fox8live.com/wvuefox8/db_354681/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=knDfWKdS

2. Loading...

3. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

I bet bessie could help out on this one.

4. Hexe

Hexe New Member

I'd like to know if she had her phone. And if husband tried to call her.

5. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

The Quarter was crowded last night after the blues festival. I wonder if that's why they were in town. I'm cautiously optimistic she will turn up safe. Tourists who go missing in the Quarter usually do.

If they did attend the festival, did they become friendly or "hang out" with other attendees? She might have run into them again in the crowd, and walked off thinking her husband was right behind her. The next thing she knew, she was on her own with a dead battery in her phone. It's so easy to become separated in that atmosphere. But if there's been no contact in 18 hours or so, that's disturbing. Hopefully, she'll wake up with a bad headache and get in touch with him very soon. :crossfingers:

ETA: If you should know the whereabouts of Amy Marie Crow, please contact the New Orleans Police Department at 821-2222 or Eighth District Detectives at 658-6080.

6. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

Confirmation from other sources that she was really there to begin with? (Sorry, but I gotta ask)

7. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

With the French Quarter's crime rate, I hope store/business owners are being asked to check cameras.

8. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

There are cameras everywhere in the Quarter. It is now 10:11pm, October, 19, 2015,CST, so this had to have happened the night of the 18th and reported on the 19th. That midnight thing.

9. JaimeSommers

JaimeSommers New Member

I have the same question, unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

10. shefner

shefner Websleuth Member

I visited a couple years ago...and this small town, NC girl was easily amazed at all that goes on The French Quarter.

It is odd that Amy has not made any contact. Curious as to what the other family members or friends of this couple might have to say...

11. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

I agree with those who want confirmation that she was actually there that night. She's a grown woman. It's not like losing a 10 year old and wondering where they are. Anyone her age would be able to figure out how to reconnect with him if they got separated. I think she either disappeared on purpose, or she wasn't there in the first place. No one abducts a full grown woman in a crowd.

edited to add: Wait. She's truly 4'9"? And 100 pounds? She's the size of a 4th grader. That's a twist.

12. TeaTime

Well, can we assume she was inebriated? Seems logical since she wandered off from him in a crowd. It all depends on where they were. If she wandered away on the River Walk, she could have fallen in the Mississippi. But, unless they are the kind of people who hook up with phone-less strangers and sleep at their houses, she is in trouble.

There is a bad lot that hunt in the Quarter because it is easy pickings. It has always been this way. ALWAYS. Not a year ago a woman was kidnapped one afternoon about a block from Jackson Square and gang raped by 3 homeless, alcoholic, street dwelling, illegals. ARMED robbery of 2 restaurants recently.

I hope this gal has fallen asleep under some pampas grass in Armstrong Park.

13. TeaTime

Of course, she may have been arrested. That is another avenue. Local hospitals?

14. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

15. TeaTime

No, I did. It just didn't register that she disappeared in broad daylight. She is tiny, dressed in stripped tights, shorts, a sleeveless shirt/vest with spikes on it. Black hair, blue eyes. Gone almost 12 hours.

16. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

NOLA Defender is wrong this time. It was midnight. Here's the press release in my email.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    October 19, 2015
    MISSING ADULT REPORTED

NEW ORLEANS - The NOPD is asking for the public’s assistance in locating 33-year-old Amy Marie Crow who was last seen by her husband on October 19, 2015, near Jackson Square.

Crow is from Ohio and traveled to New Orleans from North Carolina. Crow's husband reported he last saw his wife at approximately 12:00 a.m., near Jackson Square, when he lost sight of her in a crowd of people.

Crow has not been seen or heard from since.

Amy Marie Crow is approximately 4'9" tall, about 100 pounds with black hair, blue eyes and a tattoo on the back of neck (unknown description). She was last seen wearing striped tights with gray shorts, sleeveless shirt with a black vest and silver spikes.

17. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

I would make an assumption that they were both intoxicated. I was in the French Quarter and Jackson Square this weekend. It was crowded but not crowded enough to be separated from your party (in Jackson Square) for any length of time unless you were impaired. JMO. I'd like to know exactly where he lost sight of her.

ETA: I also noticed a huge State Trooper presence in the Quarter, something I don't typically see.

18. Masterj

Masterj Active Member

My girlfriend is a bartender in New Orleans and last week was posting on FB about a serial rapist in the area. They were warning women not to walk around alone late night. I hope Amy is found safe and sound.

19. Metry504

Metry504 New Member

Has anyone heard anything about Amy?

20. frisson

frisson Active Member

This is so disturbing. I do not have a good feeling.

21. mpnola

mpnola Well-Known Member

I, too, am cautiously optimistic. The chances of her wandering off to enjoy New Orleans for all it has to offer (seedy as it may be!) is far higher than her falling in the river. That being said, there is also a high chance of crime against her. What has generally been happening, though, is they attack you and leave you where you lay. They dont take you with them. The bad part is NOLA isn't the best at updating when someone is re-found. Probably because the husband finds the "missing" wife and they head back home, without stopping in to the police station. I am seeing very little about it, so I hope she has been found safe.