LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Warning

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8156501&postcount=875"]See my post here.[/ame]

DROP the coffee shop discussion. It is considered rumor and has dominated this discussion for the past 5 hours.

Please.

I think his MO was to sit on parkside in a desolate area and watch for anything. He probably knew the comings and goings of lots of women in the area. sadly....scary very scary.

I've wondered if he spotted her at Taco Bell or the way back to BWs and just waited for her to leave. That could be part of the significance of the daily Advertiser video-if it showed BSL driving toward Congress in close proximity to the time BW & Mickey went to Taco Bell.

Parkside doesn't seem to me to be a street someone would just sit and watch people from. It's not like you can see people going in and out of a club or large store or park.

Perhaps it was someone else in fatigues or cammies?

BSL being at CC's several nights a week doesn't fit in with him working offshore. There is the possibility he was given shop work to do for an extended period of time rather than going offshore, in which case he may have worked in Lafayette, ate and then hung out at the coffee shop until it was closing time. I dont recall seeing either him or you there! ( maybe 'cause I have no idea what you look like!)

I wonder if the property on Constantine Rd has a dwelling on it he could sleep at?

I have got to say Shelly, I am proud of you! You have gone from someone who was afraid of a shadow when this first happened and being very fearful of your life to a point where you just casually stated you talked to him a few times a d saw him often at the coffee shop. Maybe it's because he's behind bars now, but I am happy for you that you seem so much less afraid!
Boudin, I love your name both figuratively and literally. I have a family member who makes the best boudin in the world; and one who stuffs her turkeys at the holidays with boudin! anyway, I am very skeptical of the internet in general and try to have a low profile. I feel safe that BSL is in jail and I can talk on here without feeling like he is here.

I've wondered if he spotted her at Taco Bell or the way back to BWs and just waited for her to leave. That could be part of the significance of the daily Advertiser video-if it showed BSL driving toward Congress in close proximity to the time BW & Mickey went to Taco Bell.

Parkside doesn't seem to me to be a street someone would just sit and watch people from. It's not like you can see people going in and out of a club or large store or park.
No but you can sit on parkside in wee hours of the night and just watch someone. and noone is going to say anything to you; like sleeping overnight in a walmart parking lot. He could have hung out on parkside and waited all night long. and maybe he had done so in the past.

OH awful. The link you provided does not take me to the Holly Bobo case. Can you provide me with another link. I have set eyes on this perp; never seen him in anything other than military uniform. He was in the military; how long do you have to be out of the military to 'not be allowed to wear fatigues'? I cannot use the I'd's I have other than in places I am supposed to use them. I can identify BSL voice. I can identify his face. My few words with him definitely left me thinking he was 'not right up there'. If YKWIM.

eta: thank you for correcting the link.

Anyone can wear fatigues anytime. They can be bought at any military surplus store. No medals, ranks, etc. can be worn, but I think patches can still be. Name tags can be worn as well whether one was ever in the military or not. The caps, boots, belts, everything can be purchased at an mss as well.

Do you know the address of the Constantine properties? Thanks!

Also, someone asked about the Duson property. I'm in that area every weekend because my best friend lives there. She told me that road in particular where BSL has property is closer to Rayne, and towards the back of Duson.

But she said that's a very odd place to have land.
It's just basically a trailer on that road, and a bunch of fields.
Unless he planned to do some farming, or build something, it's a very odd place to get land. Very rural.

If you google map that road, you will see a trailer, a few what appears to be sheds, and a white truck parked underneath a shed type thing.

I wouldn't pay much notice to the white truck because i doubt it's BSLs. Those things are EVERYWHERE in Louisiana.

Dont know why he had land there of all places.
I know you said LE has searched the property, but i doubt they've searched every area of it...

I wonder if poison ivy is around those properties.

Article from the Advocate-
http://theadvocate.com/news/police/3363995-123/shunicksuspectseekinghearing

The man accused in the disappearance of Michaela “Mickey” Shunick of Lafayette has asked a state district judge for a preliminary examination to determine the probable cause for his arrest and for a bond reduction in his case, according to court filings.

Can someone help me understand this? Why request this now when it's going to GJ tomorrow? Is it just a formality that this would be filed?

Iwould like to know when anyone saw him wearing fatigues. This could be critically important in another case...

sorry if this has already been posted but yes, HOLLY BOBO was last seen heading towards a wooded area with a man dressed in fatiques

Actually, this makes sense to me. My daughter had a stalker for 4 years plus. We realized at a certain point that he "tested the waters". So, when he struck, he already knew how long it would take LE to show up. He had it down to the minute! He also had been in the army.
He had told us (not verified, maybe to scare) that he had been a sniper. Lots of stories.
Ditto for me, only I had the stalker. He was special Ops in the Army and a seemingly perfect guy too. Took me five years to get the courage up to even get police involved and get rid of him, because he had me scared for my life... long story.
BUT I learned alot. Some guys will go to insane lengths to watch you, for long periods of time, and in my case, everyone thought I was crazy.
This stuff isn't crazy. It happens, probably a lot. Sure, it's possible that BSL was watching her. Proving that may not be easy now, but it's possible.

The Johnston coffee shop is right down the road from UL, her college. I used to go to it a lot after class, and it's only a few minutes down the road.

And of course, not very far at all from where the surveillance shot was taken.

Or housing to many students!

The man accused in the disappearance of Michaela “Mickey” Shunick of Lafayette has asked a state district judge for a preliminary examination to determine the probable cause for his arrest and for a bond reduction in his case, according to court filings.

Can someone help me understand this? Why request this now when it's going to GJ tomorrow? Is it just a formality that this would be filed?

I posted the same article (from a different site) earlier today. My link wasn't good, so thanks for finding one that works.

Asking for bond reduction is sometimes used by defense attorneys to put pressure on LE. Kind of a "put up or shut up" thing - either show us what you've got against our client that merits him being held at a high bond, or let him out until trial. I've worked with attorneys and the legal system most of my working life (on the prosecution side), and this ploy doesn't usually work in a case like this one.

IMO, he is not getting out on any kind of bond, but stranger things have happened.

If he does get out on bond, I wonder if he'd be required to wear some kind of monitoring device?

Ditto for me, only I had the stalker. He was special Ops in the Army and a seemingly perfect guy too. Took me five years to get the courage up to even get police involved and get rid of him, because he had me scared for my life... long story.
BUT I learned alot. Some guys will go to insane lengths to watch you, for long periods of time, and in my case, everyone thought I was crazy.
This stuff isn't crazy. It happens, probably a lot. Sure, it's possible that BSL was watching her. Proving that may not be easy now, but it's possible.
IF HE had been watching her for some time, odds are very good that they found pictures of her in his home, on his computer.

I agree with others, unless that was a name tag for someplace he worked, it wasn't a military nametag. There is no military nametag that displays the first name. So the next question would be why would someone wear military fatigues but wear a different nametag than a military nametag.

Many military surplus stores will custom make name tags with anything you want on them. Then you just sew them on...which they do as well

I posted the same article (from a different site) earlier today. My link wasn't good, so thanks for finding one that works.

Asking for bond reduction is sometimes used by defense attorneys to put pressure on LE. Kind of a "put up or shut up" thing - either show us what you've got against our client that merits him being held at a high bond, or let him out until trial. I've worked with attorneys and the legal system most of my working life (on the prosecution side), and this ploy doesn't usually work in a case like this one.

IMO, he is not getting out on any kind of bond, but stranger things have happened.

If he does get out on bond, I wonder if he'd be required to wear some kind of monitoring device?

Thanks! I understand the hearing request on it's own. I'm just not understanding the relevance of filing this yesterday (Mon.) since the Grand Jury hearing is scheduled for tomorrow (Wed.). It seems that the "put up or shut up" would be answered then. Just wondering if there was another reason for the request that would factor in later. Thanks again.

It is sickening to think that a RSO covered in scratches and poison ivy rash, driving a truck that matches a VOI description was not arrested/held for questioning on the spot at his quarterly interview. I'm hoping they alerted Lafayette LE about this and they waited while making their case more solid, because otherwise that's a pretty big crack in the system to fall through.
Not to go off Mickey's topic, but the system has failed many IMO. Just look at the Jaycee Dugard case, for instance. Our judicial system really scares me when it comes to these perps. I wish I knew of something we could all do to help strengthen the laws of/watch these offenders more seriously. Apparently there''s alot of ball-dropping out there. Scary.

Maybe BSL has went round in a big circle from his first time "caught" criminal act.....his victim and what happened back in 1999 was in the Redell area,Evangeline Parish ...
He was meant to have said..."they have done it again to me"(posted here from his relative...sorry forgot their name) when he got arrested this time...
So him being a mechanic ,maybe with an analytical mind(so could be that every little screw/movement joins on to something else to make something move or work for him....maybe he has went back to an origin of sorts and has Mickey near Reddell area....just a thought...amoo

name tags for the military are no longer than 11 to 14 letters long, and always a last name or hyphenated,depending on the type of uniform.....someone had to make it .....maybe he is a seamstress too???...

From" NewGather.com-
"Hopefully the courts shoot this idiotic request down on Wednesday afternoon when a grand jury will take up the case. It's a safe assumption to believe that this man is a high flight risk, and if his bond is reduced he'd probably leave the state in a heartbeat -- especially judging by his behavior prior to being arrested. A criminal defense attorney, sourced here, says that this request for a hearing is a tactic used to push the prosecution into "putting up or shutting up," so to speak. Well, that's a rather ballsy move for a guy who could be going down for a crime that is worthy of the death penalty. If he was smart, he'd mind his Ps and Qs and hope for a plea agreement to lower the sentence that he'll undoubtedly receive in the end."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88