LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mickey's sister would probably know if she carried protection, other than her mace. I will be interested to see if the "expert" who said she was known to carry a box cutter replies as to his source...I have a feeling he picked it up via SM or the rumor mill. JMO

Did it state in the police report from his visit to the hospital that his finger was indeed cut?

If so, perhaps cops have his blood on the bike, maybe him throwing it in the water (he thought) would have taken care of the blood on the bike?

However, an incident report from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office shows Lavergne sought treatment at Ochsner Hospital in New Orleans for non-life-threatening stab wounds to "the chest, back, neck and hand," on the afternoon of May 19.

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/.../Record-shows-trouble-followed-murder-suspect

I also don't understand why anyone, including LE, would expect or even think that BL might tell where Mickey is; random non-related killers seldom do, at least not until faced with the DP and not always then. A person who could commit such a crime, regardless of motive or how it began, and then hide the body in such a way that it seems almost impossible to find, is unlikely to decide that the feelings of her family are important.
You never know.
Look at John Gardner:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101965"]Moe Dubois comments led JAG to confess - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

he gave up the remote location of Amber Dubois as part of a plea-but confessed partly due to Moe Dubois comments at a presser.

Quote brought over from last thread:

A perfect example occurred after it was discovered Lavergne sought out medical attention for stab wounds in New Orleans hours after Mickey Shunick's disappearance. Online, one commenter said Mickey Shunick always carried a box cutter.

"I've never seen her with a box cutter," Wilson said.

In fact, Wilson doesn't recall ever seeing Shunick carrying any sort of sharp weapon, although he did not know the contents of her bag that night, he said.

http://www.fox8live.com/story/19023050/j....-students-probe

"The victim was known to have carried a sharp object along with some pepper spray," said Tulane criminologist Wade Schindler.

Imo, an aware person would not advertise to friends or others that they carried a weapon for self defense. The element of surprise is a very effective weapon in itself..

"Contacted Dr. Schindler, to get verification of his comment concerning the boxcutter"...Let ya know when & if confirmed..

'I collect things; antiques/collectibles/artifacts, etc.'
One if the items is a box cutter with a Delta Airlines name & logo-irony..
Since 09/01/2011 Box cutters carry a conotation of sorts & concealing one would not be a politically correct thing to reveal..

I read the police report when it first came out, and know it states BSL was injured by a knife/cutting instrument.

The question I posed in my previous post wasn't about what caused the injuries, but rather how he came to have the injuries.

I look forward to hearing Dr. Schindler's reply regarding the box cutter.

It's very ironic that Delta's name and logo are on your box cutter. And it's sad how something that used to be a mundane item is now associated with such an awful time in our history.

I think Mickey's sister would probably know if she carried protection, other than her mace. I will be interested to see if the "expert" who said she was known to carry a box cutter replies as to his source...I have a feeling he picked it up via SM or the rumor mill. JMO

My thoughts only....
Would she carry something for use with her horses? I don't know anything about horses but opening feed, cutting twine, cleaning shoes or hooves come to mind... Just a thought

I believe a previous poster said the box cutter had been mentioned on Mickey's Facebook page. I haven't looked to see if it's mentioned there or not.

I believe a previous poster said the box cutter had been mentioned on Mickey's Facebook page. I haven't looked to see if it's mentioned there or not.

I think it just "grew legs" once it was known that he had some injuries...and people truly want to believe that she had a chance to fight back and especially that she hurt him, IMO.

Mickey may have had to defend herself to her family regarding riding her bike alone at night, so it seems she would have told them if she had some sort of weapon, other than her mace, IMO.

FWIW and I have no idea what the truth is as it relates to Mickey but this just occurred to me-

I am an avid cyclist and ride every day.Not one person in my inner circle has any idea what kind of protection I carry when I ride. They do not even know if I carry anything. My sister also cycles daily and I have no idea if she carries anything with her either.

Not that we are keeping it secret- we have just never discussed it despite the fact that we talk about safety precautions when riding as recently as yesterday!

FWIW and I have no idea what the truth is as it relates to Mickey but this just occurred to me-

I am an avid cyclist and ride every day.Not one person in my inner circle has any idea what kind of protection I carry when I ride. They do not even know if I carry anything. My sister also cycles daily and I have no idea if she carries anything with her either.

Not that we are keeping it secret- we have just never discussed it despite the fact that we talk about safety precautions when riding as recently as yesterday!

I agree! I will admit that I have a big ol can of whip-*advertiser censored* tho! ;)

Quote brought over from last thread:

For Websleuths' purposes, I thought the most interesting takeaway from the police report is that Lavergne appears to have entered Ochsner around 3:30PM (as per the end time/location of the "crime").

That leaves a 13.5 hour window for Lavergne to have moved from where Shunick was last seen to Jefferson, LA. Minus about 2.5 hours for the drive, that leaves about 11 hours unaccounted for.

---------------
Yes, I also mentioned Gardner on the Mickey Shunick thread earlier.

I've been thinking how Gardner has some similarities to the suspect here.

The thing with Gardner is the fact that LE had him pretty much dead to rights, as it were, on Chelsea King's murder. So he was going away for life anyway. In BL's case, he is looking at complete freedom/acquittal, or life in prison/DP. If Mickey is not found, he may figure his chances at acquittal outweigh the need to confess. From his past, as far as victim-blaming and appealing his other charges, I don't get the impression that he is anxious to confess to killing Mickey. He seems to have the need to present himself in a certain way, one that does not include admitting to kidnapping and murder, IMO. Gardner really was just trying to avoid the DP when he offered or agreed to tell where Amber was.

JMO

Well, the local power-company worker was the angel here:

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2010/12/vanishing-blonde-201012[/url]

A battered 21-year-old woman with long blond curls was discovered facedown in the weeds, naked, at the western edge of Miami, where the neat grid of outer suburbia butts up against the high grass and black mud of the Everglades. It was early on a winter morning in 2005. A local power-company worker was driving by the empty lots of an unbuilt cul-de-sac when he saw her.
------
How strongly has the info. on Mickey's disappearance been delivered to workers for utilities?

Also, Roy Kronk is in my mind from the Caylee case.

BW says she had no such weapon on her. In fact, she never carried any sort of knife or weapon according to him.

She could have grabbed something in the truck. Maybe there was a screwdriver or something under the seat. There are possibilities other than her carrying something, she could have found something to stab him with while he was attacking her.

Right, just putting down the speculation she was carrying a box blade or knife. BW said he was suprised about people running with this theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire