LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

Discussion in 'Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads' started by bessie, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Londonrraine

Londonrraine Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what BSL's Birth mother looks like?

Of course i'm speculating, but I have been from day one. I've had a few gut feelings from the start of all this. One of them is that BSL has done this before, and very possibly is the answer to some other missing/never found petite blondes.
    So, i'm curious as to what his birth mother looks like.

2. MamaRoux

MamaRoux New Member

Oh no, I'm sure it's quite a bit farther than that. More like 20 give or take. Someone please set me straight if I'm wrong.
    MC, I do remember reading in several articles that it's 6 miles away, but that's just not right in my mind.

3. fleurdenola

fleurdenola New Member

I can agree with you that BSL may have done "this" (something similar) before. I'm not sure he targeted a petite blonde. I think there weren't many unattended females out when he was trolling. Had it been a brown haired girl who'd ridden by, I think he'd have taken her too.

4. Kateinfl

Kateinfl Active Member

LOL..except it was pointed out that the grips could have floated off from the bike being in water 6 or 7 days.

5. RedCardinal

RedCardinal Member

On page 5 comments from The Advertiser "Tom Shunick could not believe the gold grips had been removed from the bike without being cut, he said. The only other damage to the bike — other than the rear tire being bent — that Tom Shunick noticed was a broken extra reflector that Charlie and Mickey Shunick had purchased the day before Mickey Shunick's disappearance." http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120715/NEWS01/207150335/Finding-Mickey-Shunick-two-months-later?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Where did Charlie and Mickey buy the reflector for the bicycle?

6. Ana Banana

Ana Banana New Member

I don't know though...Mr Shunick said that he greased them pretty good...which would should keep the water out if they were on that tight. I guess it's possible, but I still think he took them off.

7. Kateinfl

Kateinfl Active Member

A broken reflector could be sharp enough to make some wounds

8. K.jill

K.jill Well-Known Member

It seems like he had a body disposal site in mind before the abduction. Makes me think his hiding spot may hold other victims.

9. RedCardinal

RedCardinal Member

WD-40 IMO would get the grips off easy!

10. slowlybutshelly

slowlybutshelly TAKE BACK THE NIGHT

I have to agree with you. I was studying late night at a coffeeshop in Lafayette and I saw BSL there. I actually asked him if he went to iraq or afghanistan because he had on military fatigues. He said ' no they kept me here'. Unknown, to me why..because he was in jail 2000-2008. But the fact is, this man had enough money to frequent a coffeeshop; and to buy another vehicle on the spot.

I was shocked when I saw his mug shot. Having stared him in the face and said words to him before. I am sure he was stalking Lafayette for a long time b4 MS. sadly....

and so many others could be doing the same thing in other towns.

11. De2385

De2385 New Member

Yes, we expect that we might be hit, it's an obvious threat when you ride in the street. Yes, we do feel invincible and safe because we are a swift moving target, and if we are an experienced rider we are "hell on wheels" or so we'd like to think. ;)

12. Galbug

Galbug New Member

Lives about 20 plus miles from site

13. Buckeye lady

Buckeye lady New Member

That's a good one!! You made me laugh!!

14. De2385

De2385 New Member

I bet we are going to find out a lot about him.

15. Ya-Ma-N-DEM

Ya-Ma-N-DEM New Member

Not sure if we will get that info due to HIPPA- remember we only new about the Ochsner visit from the police report.

16. aussie_girl88

aussie_girl88 New Member

Whether not bsl was under anastethic under the time is up to the anathesist. He may of had a sedative and had local anaesthic to the location of the finger. His weight would put him under at risk of being under anaesthic. I also think if his finger was almost cut off they would have had to do the surgery ASAP due to risk of exposure to the finger, and they would need to repair tendons/nerves etc before they died. I think the story of almost cut his finger off is exaggerated otherwise he would of had surgery ASAP at the first hospital.

17. Ana Banana

Ana Banana New Member

I figured Mr Shunick thought of that already. He said they tried everything. I'm sure at the very least they tried wd40 since she spent money on new grips. My opinion is still that Brandon used a tool on those things and fiddled with them for a while. Mr Shunick was -shocked- that the grips were off.

18. spartanmom

spartanmom New Member

What are the grips made of? Is it possible that say a box cutter/knife could just slice them and cut them off? I really have no idea what they would be made of, I just assume they are made of rubber like material.....hmmmmmm

19. TheTruthWillOut

TheTruthWillOut Well-Known Member

I don't think BSL would have faffed around trying to get the grips off. Sharp knife/box cutter, cut them off and throw in water.

If he indeed remove them.

Here's a question.......How likely would it be that LE checked for local RSO's that owned a later model white Z71? (When the Circle K footage emerged)

Just wondering how early on they were on to BSL.

20. Londonrraine

Londonrraine Well-Known Member

The grips being off the bike really bother me... Just not sure what to make of it. But it does seem that new info, new peices of this puzzle continue to surface, so maybe we'll figure be able to piece this in soon.
    In this case....I just wonder what the next bit of news is going to be! Of course, I hope that Mickey is finally found. Praying like crazy for that, because her loved ones really need peace. Beautiful Mickey...from all i've learned of her and her family, she's one amazing girl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.