LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I was doing a little brainstorming about the MS case today. Thinking that BSL probably would have avoided any heavy highway action due to wounds bleeding or whatever damage was done to truck. I thought about the fact that he might have taken HWY 90 to get from home to the Ochsner hospital. There was some speculation as to the number 24 being an important clue ( due to the fact that he said the Saints Jersey was a #24) , upon cross referencing this route, HWY 90 intersects with LA 24 in Houma/Gray area. Where it intersects is a big overpass but under the over pass is a bayou (Bayou Terrebonne i believe). There are two wood group locations in Houma, and BSL may have been familiar with this area. I know its a long shot... but I think anything could be a possibility at this point.
------------
My bold above. Interesting. For the last several days, Creedence Clearwater Revivals' song:

"Born on the Bayou" has been running through my mind.

Creedence was my favorite band when I was a little kid, even though I was born in the northern climes.

Hi! I was doing a little brainstorming about the MS case today. Thinking that BSL probably would have avoided any heavy highway action due to wounds bleeding or whatever damage was done to truck. I thought about the fact that he might have taken HWY 90 to get from home to the Ochsner hospital. There was some speculation as to the number 24 being an important clue ( due to the fact that he said the Saints Jersey was a #24) , upon cross referencing this route, HWY 90 intersects with LA 24 in Houma/Gray area. Where it intersects is a big overpass but under the over pass is a bayou (Bayou Terrebonne i believe). There are two wood group locations in Houma, and BSL may have been familiar with this area. I know its a long shot... but I think anything could be a possibility at this point.

Can u provide a map for this? I'm on my phone so mapping is a pain. You could be onto something with this exit 24. Maybe Tim millers team could rule it in or out.

I'm curious about the bond reduction. Okay...so they are asking for bond reduction on 2 of his 3 charges...but what good will that do him, since there is NO bond on the first degree murder charge?

I'm curious about the bond reduction. Okay...so they are asking for bond reduction on 2 of his 3 charges...but what good will that do him, since there is NO bond on the first degree murder charge?

From their perspective, thinking its likely the GJ will issue on those 2 based on the evidence and hoping they don't on the other? Dunno.

Right at that exit ramp, is Louisiana State Troop C. I guess it is possible, but would be a really bold move to do so right by the State Troopers. I travel that area often. I would post a link to a map, but my computer is being weird and putting giant red x's all over the map.

I believe they are doing that in the event that the Grand Jury doesn't find probably cause to indict BSL on the first degree murder charge tomorrow.

Looking at his picture in this artice, notice his shirt collar pulled up moreso than the other side and part of the lining pulled out. Hiding the scar?

I thought about that when they released it, since the first pic shows the scar.

I believe they are doing that in the event that the Grand Jury doesn't find probably cause to indict BSL on the first degree murder charge tomorrow.

Seems he would feel safer being in custody than out. Just sayin'. I mean, of course if he truly believes in his innocence, then I can see why he wouldn't care to be locked up. But at least there he has some protection, being away from gen pop. He won't have protection from the gen pop on this side of the bars.

Also DA Harson is claiming that Doga's motions will not affect the grand jury hearing...

Seems he would feel safer being in custody than out. Just sayin'. I mean, of course if he truly believes in his innocence, then I can see why he wouldn't care to be locked up. But at least there he has some protection, being away from gen pop. He won't have protection from the gen pop on this side of the bars.
...and the general population has some protection from him!

Terrebonne means "good earth" I think.

Correct. And to further your discussion on the 90/24 intersection, the very next exit is Hwy 311. There are alot of
Large companies building facilities at that exit. Wood group is either building a new facility there or doing construction on someones new facility I'm pretty sure.

From their perspective, thinking its likely the GJ will issue on those 2 based on the evidence and hoping they don't on the other? Dunno.

That makes no sense to me. He violated the RSO regulations AND kidnapped a
woman ... ... .... ..... who then what??? Took of on her own and is
happy and alive somewhere?

Makes my head spin!

He didn't do anything! yeah. right.
They should just put him back on the street! lol

I will be outraged if they let him out until trial. Innocent until proven guilty - fine for someone who isn't a tier 3 RSO, but he should not have the same rights as a non criminal predetator.

I'm pretty sure that as a convicted sexual felon/RSO, even the aggravated kidnapping charge alone is enough to put that d-bag away for 25-to-life. Murder 1 would seal his fate.

MOO, I think the Murder 1 charge will be a challenge to prove without a body, unless there is some sort of DNA evidence of MS which could only have come from a person who has sustained injuries which could not be survived. (I'll stop there and spare you the details.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong