LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

Discussion in 'Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads' started by bessie, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. txlams

txlams New Member

Yes, the forest is very near there. I don't know if it's been searched - probably not.

2. reedus23

reedus23 Well-Known Member

It happens on occasion for various reasons. Some perps view life in prison as better than the alternative. Even Bundy tried to negotiate away from the alternative, just too little too late. Absent other things ending his life prematurely, which I wouldn't lose any sleep over, I would imagine BSL would have another 30 years or so to live in prison after an appeals process. I didn't go back and look it up, but isn't BSL in his young 30's? The average stay on death row is about 15 years (not sure if longer in LA for any reason), meaning he'd be put to death by his mid to late 40's. I know I get frustrated with that length of time but I certainly do believe he would otherwise out live any appeal process.

So the question to me becomes whether or not BSL thinks living an additional 30 years or so, albeit in prison, is better than the alternative. I don't know the answer to that. Part of me says he will never do it because he doesn't ever view himself as having done anything wrong. It is always someone else's fault. Another part of me says he places value only on his life and no one else's and therefore might be of the belief that his life is so valuable that 30 years of living protects that life, even if in prison. Even if he did though, it wouldn't be until he felt he exhausted all other options, which is NOT soon enough in my book.

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/cp09st.pdf

3. kgeaux

kgeaux New Member

Forgive me if I am remembering wrong, but I think LE has said Brandon is NOT a suspect in Keoshia's disappearance.

I'm very curious about that tape! If LE had indeed seen the video on more than one occasion, but didn't take possession of it until they were ready to make an arrest.....why didn't they pick it up right away? It sorta makes me wonder if the evidence on the tape might not be "all that."

4. reedus23

reedus23 Well-Known Member

He would never do it because he has a heart because I agree, everything points to the fact that he has none. He would do it though because he is so narcissistic and places such a high value on his own life. Plus, he may view escaping the death penalty as a round about victory over LE. Whatever his motivation, it won't be because he found compassion.

5. CajunLady75

CajunLady75 New Member

BSL was in jail in 2007

6. GrannyA.

GrannyA. New Member

Snipped to focus on this part:

There has been an arrest in connection of Keoshia's disappearance.https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

7. mamacat

mamacat New Member

:banghead: Thanks CajunLady75 - guess he can't be blamed for everything!

8. BringMickeyHome♥

BringMickeyHome♥ New Member

Every time that I start typing something...my head just thinks, "Lord, please let us find Mickey today"!

9. mamacat

mamacat New Member

Yes, was about to post this too. I am sure this is the same man who appears in one of her photos on FB. Where is she though? Where is her baby daughter?
    May God help bring her home alive and well.

10. redcrow

redcrow New Member

Per FB post: KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel
    Leon Wilkerson Jr., 43, was arrested in Zachary, LA on two warrants out of Lafayette Parish on second-degree kidnapping and simple rape. Law enforcement officials tell us this is in connection with the Keiosha Felix disappearance. Wilkerson was arrested on Tuesday, July 24th in Zachary, LA and is in the East Baton Rouge Parish jail. Police say they still have not located 15-year-old Keiosha Felix. She was first reported missing April 30, 2012.

How can it be "simple rape" is she is a juvenile? Wouldn't that be carnal knowledge of a juvenile? I know she already has a child but that doesn't make her an adult. Thoughts?

11. LAFtoSPRING

LAFtoSPRING New Member

I'd looked it up and posted a while back. SH Nat'l Forest contains over 167,000 acres. Don't know how many acres were covered, but pretty sure there have been searches conducted in some areas, since it's where the burned out truck was located.

12. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Much as we might like to think otherwise, there are plenty of others out there with the urge and/or willingness to kill or do harm.

13. txlams

txlams New Member

FWIW, I don't think she even crossed the Texas/La border.

14. Lacole

Lacole New Member

It's my understanding that past inmates of BSL are starting to talk of all the things he told them while incarcerated anyone else hearing of this?

15. Buckeye lady

Buckeye lady New Member

I think BSL was still in prison in 2007.

16. pugmom

pugmom Well-Known Member

Respectfully snipped by me. :)

Okie dokie! At least there's been some new info in Keoshia's case. Hopefully she'll be found soon! I'm sure her baby misses her like crazy!

17. NinjaPoof

NinjaPoof Former Member

I admire the assertiveness in this post! And I am a true believer in "gifts" and abilities to contact spirits and energies.<modsnip> It's truly fascinating. And WELCOME to WS!

18. JurysOut

JurysOut Just a person

I'm wondering if two death sentences would warrant two separate appeals processes.

I wasn't aware of the average length of time-to-execution in Louisiana.

It would be the only reason he'd give anything up, IMO

19. CajunCoDe

CajunCoDe New Member

Wait a minute, I see she is 15, but when I looked up her FB, it says class of 2011 and she attended LSU. Is that possible?

20. JustyThoughts

JustyThoughts New Member

The whole Texas leg of this case has been a mystery with very little information released. Since the finding of BSL's burned-out truck I've wondered so many things about TX.
    Why there in TX? There was "talk" that BSL's bio mother/relatives were in that area; but I have seen nothing confirmed.
    What date did he arrive there..... and when did he leave?
    The location of where BSL's original DWT was supposedly "stolen" from the police report made that it was stolen (ex. a house, store, side of the road, motel, etc)?
    What specific area in the woods was the burned DWT discovered and by whom?

I think LE knows all this - just not telling right now (and maybe for the best at this point); it has been indicated that they "know how he got back from Tx to LA.

I think TX holds much "evidence" in addition to the DWT - that will come out in trial. Just want to know if any posters here at WS know any confirmed facts at this point.

If anyone has any verified facts - please reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.