LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

Discussion in 'Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads' started by bessie, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMPondering

IMPondering New Member

I have no idea about WB, as I did not search that area. I did search east of there and saw no homeless. However, we came across numerous sites by Northgate Mall and other areas of Upper Lafayette. Our group did hear someone clearing out as we were getting close to one vacant building.

It's amazing what people can make out of cardboard! Guess they're "going green" with that recycling.

2. Passnthru

Passnthru New Member

3. shann76

shann76 New Member

It doesn't look the same to me. Her photos look like the inside of a mobile home imo...

4. Kateinfl

Kateinfl Active Member

Was this house for sale or rent?

5. Kateinfl

Kateinfl Active Member

nevermind..i just saw not for sale//lol

6. Passnthru

Passnthru New Member

Your right I was just looking at the curio cabinet, LOL well we know that didn't burn.

7. OceanMetTheSky

OceanMetTheSky New Member

8. OceanMetTheSky

OceanMetTheSky New Member

Are you sure? It looks like it

9. K.jill

K.jill Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the house fire was severe enough that everything in it burned? Could the curio have been in a room that had little damage?
    Or did someone remove special items before the fire?
    Are fire records public?
    .....I need a sleuthing tutor!

10. chicken fried

chicken fried Verified LOCAL

Just my opinion, but I don't think Mickey was left at Whiskey Bay at the same place as the bike.

My reason is that I have hiked down to the shoreline and he has some problems leaving her there:

It would be physically impossible, IMO, for him for have carried her out onto the bridge pillar. You have only an 18" ledge upon which to walk. I myself could have done it with a bike, but no way with 100+ pounds. No way not to fall off the pillar while trying to walk around it, due to her weight as he tried to swing around the pillar. Just no way.

That leaves either leaving her there by the bike, or somewhere else at Whiskey Bay. Now as I said this morning, there is a long dropoff to the water where the bike was found. An alligator would have problems getting up it, IMO. A vehicle cannot get down it. Were she left on top, I think she would have been found by someone.

As far as putting her in the water there, he would have had to drag her down a steep narrow path - he couldn't have carried her - he definitely would have fallen.

Once he gets to the water - the main problem is it would be hard to get her out into the current. The water is quite shallow for a distance out from the bank.
    Of course, yes, he may have just left her right there. But that would mean that he didn't care if she were found. He would have been counting on no one going fishing there, or counting on wildlife to take action right away. I don't think she would have drifted far unless he had a way to get her farther out into the current.

Seems a big gamble for me - leaving her there right by the shore. You would have had scent - even wrapped up, likely, and drag marks, and deep shoe impressions due to the weight. He would have left a lot of evidence. His actions seem designed for her not to be found. Even the bike was under 2-3 feet of water, until it subsided - he didn't just dump it there in the gravel or the bushes, as he could have done.

Anything is possible, of course. I just lean against it. I think she was left somewhere else.

11. Passnthru

Passnthru New Member

I need new eyes, LOL. Looking back at the curio I now see it is not the same one in both pictures.

12. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

In the book about Derrick Lee's murders, it was stated that they believe he threw one of his victims from the bridge; she was found some time later. Another he must have carried down there, or taken her there and then killed her, as she was found on shore.

13. GrannyA.

GrannyA. New Member

This is on N. Beaugh St. in Church Point. I believe it was said they lived there when BSL and his stepbrother were young. BSLs home is further up near hwy. 190 in St. Landry Parish.

14. justwannahelp

justwannahelp Well-Known Member

i wonder if it was in a little wooden dugout. that seems like something he would keep with women's ids and whatever else he had. they probably found her little pipe in his trailer

i don't know if this is what she had, but i'm guessing
    http://cdn100.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/205/530/342/dug-out-pipe-basic-2115.jpg

15. justwannahelp

16. justwannahelp

it's possible. i have heard of homeless people living along the mississippi river??

homeless people or not, do you know if this river search was a recent search??

17. Allusonz

Allusonz New Member

SBM

That would be assuming that the body was intact I would gather.

As well, Tim Miller has conducted countless searches and WB is his bet as well.

The fact is that this is a vast area, with a number of places that a body could be dumped. Many feel she is around his home and I respect their opinions. I personally don't feel that she is. I would do a 180 and look in that area, but alas that is simply my opinion.

Sadly, much time has passed. Due to hot temperatures, various weather patterns down there, I would think that their focus as to what they are looking for would be much different than what it was at the start.

18. CajunLady75

CajunLady75 New Member

If you look closely at those cabinets, they are different. One has more of a scalloped border on the front, the other has no scalloped edge just straight. They are similar but not the same.

19. Allusonz

Allusonz New Member

You bring up some interesting points.

TES is very much in demand and are asked constantly to go to many places. If TES is still here I would have to think that maybe it may pertain to more than just MS which means we are talking a very different scenerio.

Oh and welcome :)

:welcome:

20. justwannahelp

to further add to your thinking and opinion, someone earlier stated - I THINK - that one of DTLee's victims found at WB was in the gravel and the other that was floating was believed to have been literally thrown from the bridge. So, that enhances the belief of not being able to get a body in the water easily unless thrown from the bridge or literally going INTO the water to put the body in the current. One would have to be pretty brave to go out in that water at night - alligators, snakes, currents - NO WAY!

i see that clucian already made this point. sorry to double post. i was a few posts behind and catching up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.