LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

Discussion in 'Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads' started by bessie, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMPondering

IMPondering New Member

2. peepop123

peepop123 New Member

IMO, it just seems like the most logical place. Perhaps he hoped she might be taken away with the currents and possibly the water would have washed away some evidence. Unless he got rid of her before he went to WB, I feel like he would have just dumped her there too...instead of going to another location.

3. leighmarker

leighmarker Pacific Northwest

hi all, been on vaca last two weeks and I have missed out on a lot it looks like.
    Can someone tell me (I am sure its already been taken care of) did LE search the place in TX where he set his truck on fire?

4. J.white

J.white New Member

5. OldSteve

OldSteve Well-Known Member

A number of thugs seem to follow a "rule-of-three" in that they abduct from one location, hide evidence at a second location, and leave the body a third.

6. med

med New Member

A little off topic but I am looking for property in the area to start a farm. A property came to my attention in Church Point very close to Swords, when I requested more information and pictures I was told the home is vacant and the agent is in San Francisco. So no one is looking in on it. I could not help but think of Mickey and how hard it is to find someone in SW Louisiana. It's 25 acres 75% is wetland with a 10 acre lake. Almost all the properties I look at are like this, no reason to believe she is on this one, just striking to see on a daily basis the large private properties in this area. Sleuth on my friends she needs to be home with the ones that love her.

7. OceanMetTheSky

OceanMetTheSky New Member

His neighbor is so far away. And judging by her voice on tv, shes older, so im sure she wouldn't be up at 2 or 3 in the morning. If his family was in fact told he had to go get his finger re attached, it'd be a good way of saying, "you go on without me, I need rest" and delaying time.

If she was brought back, it would explain the concrete evidence at his home. If she is no longer with us, he might have done that at his home. Doing it at the place of dumping, too risky. In the car, pretty hard especially if someone is fighting back.

8. MonkeyShine

MonkeyShine New Member

OT but some helpful info, it was mentioned in an earlier post about the advertiser website blocks you from reading the article and says to subscribe which is frustrating. I have 3 browsers, could not get the link to work at all on Google Chrome, but I tried copying and pasting the link from WS to my Internet Explorer and also AOL and it worked on both.:eek:nline:

9. MamaRoux

MamaRoux New Member

It would seem that he would always make entry into his home from the back since the steps aren't at the door...or they were moved to repair the skirting.

10. MamaRoux

MamaRoux New Member

...but for a sex offender, it's more about control than sex.

11. MamaRoux

MamaRoux New Member

In the very first photos put out while LE was searching the house, the steps were where they are now.

12. Steph85

Steph85 New Member

I am from the North East so I really appreciate seeing these pictures. It definitely gives me much more perspective of all the areas that have been discussed.

As soon as I saw that red shed in the back, I got a terrible feeling in my stomach. I am assuming that was searched for evidence. It has been stated that BSL lives roughly a 1/2 hour away from where the abduction happened, correct? I still can't imagine him driving around with a body unless she was unconscious from being hit on the bike, but judging by the damage it doesn't look as though it would have been that bad of a hit. Still so confusing to me, the actual abduction part. After seeing those photos though I have no doubt he could have taken her to his isolated property. The only thing that bothers me is the time that it would have taken to drive there with a body..or with someone who was still alive for the ride.

13. Allusonz

Allusonz New Member

I truly must laugh at myself so please don't take it the wrong way as I am not even one of the people that thinks she is at WB. In fact I don't believe she is close to his home. I actually believe she is South, SE. or SW.

That being said, the comments are when he discussed if she had been caught in the currents that he doubted she would be found. This was either a TV or radio interview. That is not actually the one that got my attention.

When TES was subsequently asked to return, he stated that LE had new areas to be searched, but it was the following comment that made me truly take note:

Miller says the team is focusing on St. Landry, Lafayette, and Acadia parishes. He won't say why their focus is in these three parishes, but aren't ruling out other areas, like Whiskey Bay where the team searched thoroughly during its last visit.

"I'm not going to say we're done there but there are some priority areas first and we're going through the elimination process now," he added

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick.

14. Allusonz

Allusonz New Member

Can any local help me out here. I came across a name late last night with respect to BSL that I had not heard before that BSL must of at one point associated himself with.

How would Arnaudville, LA fit into this picture? Or could it? If it could fit into a search area, how would it fit in? Is this an area he could of lived? Or is it just an area that he could of possibly received his mail at such as a mailing address?

I apologize for the drive by posting here but the office is busy. and I thank anyone that can shed some light on this area.

15. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

From IMPondering's link:

The Advertiser
    11:00 PM, July 31, 2012

The team conducted its sixth search Tuesday in the case of missing college student Michaela "Mickey" Shunick...

The team spent several hours searching woods in the Swords area of rural St. Landry Parish near the home of Brandon Scott Lavergne...

Currently, Special K9s is searching areas of St. Landry, Acadia and Evangeline parishes four to five days per month. Bickel and Candella plan to search for as long as it takes to recover Shunick's body. They work independently of local law enforcement and work alongside Texas Equusearch, which has previously conducted searches in the Shunick case.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...309/Forensic-K9-units-aid-case?nclick_check=1

God bless'em.

16. aviatrix

aviatrix New Member

I jumped when I saw the actual photo of his home. On a different website, when the thread first began (I think within the first three pages) a psychic said that MS was near a home which was gray with cranberry shutters....freaked me out when i saw that photo.

If you look at his trailer, you can see concrete blocks underneath it. I am wondering if he did indeed throw her body in the water with concrete blocks to weigh it down. That would be the most likely scenario to me.

17. ladycleo

ladycleo New Member

I got the same exact feeling when I saw the shed. My heart sunk.

18. aviatrix

aviatrix New Member

and...what do you think the chances are.....that he inherited that property....:(

19. Allusonz

Allusonz New Member

20. Londonrraine

Londonrraine Well-Known Member

I can't agree more, but what can we do? As a society, what can we really do to see a change? This is infuriating and it continues on and on.... I'm really upset about this judicial system enabling these monsters, and most people, unless they've been directly effected, don't seem to care!
    So, seriously....what can we do, if anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.