LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75

Status
Not open for further replies.
The note is incredibly eloquent and desperately sad. He had clearly done a great deal of thinking. It's so difficult as he was adamant that no efforts should be made to identify him, yet there must be someone, maybe many people who miss him every second of every day and who need to know where their loved one is. Ultimately we do not own ourselves in totality.

The most heartbreaking part, for me, is that he thought so little of himself that he felt he did not deserve a name. By depriving himself of his name, he denied himself mourners and the act of being missed.

I don't know his name or what happened to him in his life, but I feel genuine sadness from thousands of miles away, and I will not forget him.

RE height and build differences in reported male MPs in this age range vs. stats of UIDs. My brother in law went from 5’7” and average build to 6’4” and a bean pole over the course of an 8mo academic year when he was 18-19. There is no one else in the family near that tall and the change in he’s appearance was striking, like even having known him since he was 8 years old I wouldn’t have recognized him off the bat if I hadn’t seen him several times throughout the year.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if LE already found his body without knowing it? This profile got me to thinking about this possibility. Check it out for yourselves. http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.p...e's some paper or digitalized copy somewhere?

I found a very interesting article about locating gravesites: http://theindepthgenealogist.com/timeless-territories/cemetery-deeds-theyre-land-records-too/

When the deceased is buried, usually a plot is purchased and records like deeds or a bill of sale are created.
[...]
ince we are dealing with land and property, the deed probably was recorded with the county recorder, clerk, auditor, or whoever has jurisdiction in the locality of interest. [...] [T]he cemetery office also has records.

I also found this archives project in Jefferson Parish: http://www.usgwarchives.net/la/jefferso.htm. There is a list of cemetery facts from sources at Jefferson Library. It would be really nice if someone living nearby could take a look at them. :)

I found a very interesting article about locating gravesites: http://theindepthgenealogist.com/timeless-territories/cemetery-deeds-theyre-land-records-too/

I also found this archives project in Jefferson Parish: http://www.usgwarchives.net/la/jefferso.htm. There is a list of cemetery facts from sources at Jefferson Library. It would be really nice if someone living nearby could take a look at them. :)
What are you wanting someone to look at? I am in Jefferson Parish, but it is big

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oh, it would be fantastic if this UID were really him!

I know his records were lost, but isn't there any possibility at all that there's some paper or digitalized copy somewhere?
I hope it is him aswell. It is a 50/50 chance of that body being him. To regards to records, LE made it seem like they were all destroyed by Katrina so there is no telling if there is anything left sadly.

~Who is the Belle Chasse John Doe?~

What if LE already found his body without knowing it? This profile got me to thinking about this possibility. Check it out for yourselves. http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=391

~Who is the Belle Chasse John Doe?~
The thing is, that was a few days after Hurricane Katrina. There were sadly bodies being found all over that whole month. And beyond. I can only see that front page, but unless it was a very old "body " that had come up out the ground (yep, water here pops our bodies out the ground- totally creepy), my guess is it was a drowning victim.

Edit- I see it says 2-15 years. That would be too new to be our doe. This body probably popped up out the water. Yall can't even imagine the horror that was happening here.

What are you wanting someone to look at? I am in Jefferson Parish, but it is big

bessie posted earlier that Mothe Funeral Home, the one that took care of his body, has records on microfilm in the City Archives dating from 1933 to 1991.

According to Family Search, the Family History Library in Utah has all the films, so someone from Salt Lake City could take a look at it (according to the same site the records go from 1923 to 1991). You can also request them at the New Orleans Public Library (here it says they are from 1912 to 1991) and at the St. Tammany Parish Public Library.

bessie posted earlier that Mothe Funeral Home, the one that took care of his body, has records on microfilm in the City Archives dating from 1933 to 1991.

According to Family Search, the Family History Library in Utah has all the films, so someone from Salt Lake City could take a look at it (according to the same site the records go from 1923 to 1991). You can also request them at the New Orleans Public Library (here it says they are from 1912 to 1991) and at the St. Tammany Parish Public Library.
I very rarely get to either of those parishes and definitely don't have a library card with residence there. Not sure that would matter.

The thing is, that was a few days after Hurricane Katrina. There were sadly bodies being found all over that whole month. And beyond. I can only see that front page, but unless it was a very old "body " that had come up out the ground (yep, water here pops our bodies out the ground- totally creepy), my guess is it was a drowning victim.

Edit- I see it says 2-15 years. That would be too new to be our doe. This body probably popped up out the water. Yall can't even imagine the horror that was happening here.

Believe there still are several bodies still unidentified from Katrina...

Yes, there are. Part of the problem is that entire families died. No one left to identify or report. And those who made it were moved to another state

Yeppers, it was a trying time believe it was a month before I could get back into the Parish slept in my SUV on Hwy 90 to get back in the following morning. Lived in Bucktown at the time 1 block from the levee and 3 blocks from the break fortunate I was on the good side. Never will forget the sounds of helicopters and hummers; it was like the sounds of the Vietnam War.

Any who so was it in Aug 2005 when LE went to find the UID's grave and could not find it ?

I've been very hesitant to post this, but here it goes before I can change my mind again. I think the speculation that this John Doe may have had Asperger's Syndrome is accurate; I have it myself and there are parallels that somewhat mirror my own experience. A number of the details in his note resonated with me: being profoundly asocial and having trouble getting close to people and making friends as a result, a lack of empathy that at times makes it difficult to relate to others (not in the traditional way that's thought of as being malicious but more like not being able to see things from another viewpoint outside of your own), and being able to tell that you are different from everyone else early on and feeling like you're always on the outside looking in because of it. The last one in particular was the biggest issue for me. When I first started school I noticed that right away and I wasn't the only one who did. As a result classmates would often make jokes at my expense. Another thing is that for many, depression is a common comorbid condition with AS. I just hope that, whoever Belle Chasse John Doe was, he found the peace that obviously eluded him during his life.

I've been very hesitant to post this, but here it goes before I can change my mind again. I think the speculation that this John Doe may have had Asperger's Syndrome is accurate; I have it myself and there are parallels that somewhat mirror my own experience. A number of the details in his note resonated with me: being profoundly asocial and having trouble getting close to people and making friends as a result, a lack of empathy that at times makes it difficult to relate to others (not in the traditional way that's thought of as being malicious but more like not being able to see things from another viewpoint outside of your own), and being able to tell that you are different from everyone else early on and feeling like you're always on the outside looking in because of it. The last one in particular was the biggest issue for me. When I first started school I noticed that right away and I wasn't the only one who did. As a result classmates would often make jokes at my expense. Another thing is that for many, depression is a common comorbid condition with AS. I just hope that, whoever Belle Chasse John Doe was, he found the peace that obviously eluded him during his life.
Thank you for sharing your story :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members