LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your point but we have no surviving records, or so Plaquemins Parish allows, for him and I'm not at all sure there was indeed a match. I honestly don't see, as a resident of NOLA then, how he could have found his way to Naomi, which thanks @montani, is probably where he died. I cannot find any extant street maps of Naomi, so I'll email the Belle Chasse Gazette to see if they can help. There must be an archive somewhere that has a street map.

I'm also contacting the media rep for Othram for both Belle Chasse and Old Metairie UIDs. Thanks for everyone's patience and help. MrTony has Alzheimer's and has fallen twice, from sun pain on the yard, and unfortunately on the concrete driveway, teeth cracked, bleeding from face, hands and knee.
I'm sorry to hear about Mr. Tony’s challenges.

I think the pic and sketch look similar enough...circumstances of a mental institution, which we have all tossed around is interesting too.
Would like to know if this young man has any living relatives who could compare handwriting or say if he was capable of writing such a letter...or anyone who could have worked at the mental facility at that time.
I agree about comparing handwriting samples.

@Teche
If you knew the West Bank, in that time, Naomi was as the same as moving to Lafayette and finding Petit Anse.
I’m from the country in Acadiana. I know where Grand Anse. We’re visiting my son and his family this weekend. My daughter-in-law is born and raised between Belle Chasse but she’s never heard of Naomi.

I’m from the country in Acadiana. I know where Grand Anse. We’re visiting my son and his family this weekend. My daughter-in-law is born and raised between Belle Chasse but she’s never heard of Naomi.
Yeah Naomi is really remote I think few if any people know about it and it has a really small population and is rural. I really do wonder how John Doe got to this location or knew about it.

Is Charles Wallace "Charlie?" The potential mother went to ID him but said it wasn't her son...
If so, I do think its odd that dental records matched...
I agree, he is still a candidate IMO.
Maybe this mother didnt want to acknowledge it was him under the circumstances.

I keep thinking, what are the chances a dental record would match and it wouldn't be the same guy? The probability has gotta be minuscule.
My biggest fear for this case is that he's been swept away. Disarticulated bones have been strewn around Plaqumines Parish and the gulf. One of my friends has said their relatives have witnessed coffins being displaced and coming up due to several hurricanes, she mentioned Rita in that specific story.

My boyfriend is a Dentist, so I asked him about dental matches. He said without looking at the actual xrays, he can only theorize that a match could mean...say you and me are missing the same two teeth on the bottom and have a filling in an upper molar on the right side..that could be a (match) Not necessarily that the teeth are identical in shape, size, position, bite, ect..

I’ve found a Charles Wallace in the 1968 & 69 Two Rivers High School (Nashville) yearbooks. I won’t post the photos here because I have no way of proving if it’s the MP. I’d be happy to share privately though.

I’ve found a Charles Wallace in the 1968 & 69 Two Rivers High School (Nashville) yearbooks. I won’t post the photos here because I have no way of proving if it’s the MP. I’d be happy to share privately though.
Does he resemble this lucky winner of a radio given by Uncle Joe's DS? Charles Wallace? - Newspapers.com

The article doesn't say where in Tennessee the lucky winner is from nor his age, but... is it just me or there's a little resemblance to BCJD?

MOO JMO

My boyfriend is a Dentist, so I asked him about dental matches. He said without looking at the actual xrays, he can only theorize that a match could mean...say you and me are missing the same two teeth on the bottom and have a filling in an upper molar on the right side..that could be a (match) Not necessarily that the teeth are identical in shape, size, position, bite, ect..
Thanks for the clarification! I am personally now of the belief that Charles Wallace is this John Doe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member