LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Charles Wallace "Charlie?" The potential mother went to ID him but said it wasn't her son...
If so, I do think its odd that dental records matched...
I agree, he is still a candidate IMO.
Maybe this mother didnt want to acknowledge it was him under the circumstances.

That's my theory.

That's my theory.

I just don't understand how a Mother would be able to hide her devastation upon viewing her dead child though.
I can sort of see her denying him,but not really if I'm honest, to respect his wishes,but honestly in that moment I don't think I would be able to think that clearly in that moment, it would be so raw,to see your baby there like that and deny his identity? I just don't think it's plausible but stranger thi gs have happened as we know.

As a Mother, I would never be able to say that wasn't my son...however, keep in mind this was the 70s and the content of the note was significant.
Back then, mental illness and sexuality was viewed upon with a frown. He stated he was privileged..if they were a well to do family, they could have felt "ashamed and embarrassed "
Preserving a certain "image" could have been of importance.
If religious, the fact their son committed suicide could have been damaging. This case was in the paper...media publicity would have put this family in the spotlight. IMO

It’s not an unlikely scenario, though; Teala Thompson’s mother refused to go and identify her daugher, because in her mind, Teala was still alive.

It’s not an unlikely scenario, though; Teala Thompson’s mother refused to go and identify her daugher, because in her mind, Teala was still alive.

I can understand that slightly more,but to actually view your child's dead body and deny them? I'm sure its possible but I just don't get it.

So I'm tossing this out there...possible foul play??
What if this was (staged) to look like a suicide including the note.
We dont know how he got there. No car found or reports of him hitchhiking...no shoes.
Plus the note was trying to steer away from anyone searching for him. Thoughts??

So I'm tossing this out there...possible foul play??
What if this was (staged) to look like a suicide including the note.
We dont know how he got there. No car found or reports of him hitchhiking...no shoes.
Plus the note was trying to steer away from anyone searching for him. Thoughts??
BBM
Sometimes it feels like it... And it has crossed my mind that maybe one of the parents did it... Pure speculation! MOO JMOO

Something that just occurred to me, if CW was in fact BCJD, wouldn't he have mentioned his siblings at some point in the suicide notes?

Maybe it really wasn't CW...

MOO JMO
Depends on a multitude of factors. A large age difference? Living in a different town or something? I'm not even that close to my brother who's only 4 years younger than me. I wouldn't be surprised if he just wasn't close to his siblings.

I can understand that slightly more,but to actually view your child's dead body and deny them? I'm sure its possible but I just don't get it.

I think "deny" is the operative word--the way she focused on the scar that wasn't visible makes me think she probably at that moment really believed that the dead boy was not her son, because that would leave the possibility he was still alive.

After some yearbook digging, I found CW's photo as the president of the Lexington chapter of the Future Farmers of America in 1973. He was class of 1973, so he would be 19 in 1974/75 as reported in the article. He isn't present in any of the yearbooks' individual class photos (1970-73), only this group picture (which I've cropped for privacy of his classmates).
charles_wallace.png

Last edited:
After some yearbook digging, I found CW's photo as the president of the Lexington chapter of the Future Farmers of America in 1973. He was class of 1973, so he would be 19 in 1974/75 as reported in the article. He isn't present in any of the yearbooks' individual class photos (1970-73), only this group picture (which I've cropped for privacy of his classmates).
View attachment 358960
JMO - I see a strong resemblance to the sketch.

View attachment 358960
The sketch, and don't ask me why, always struck me as that of someone who wore glasses.
And then we have the thin and long nose bridge... and the prominent cleft chin. CW's eyes and mouth... I agree with @Springrain, there's a strong resemblance... Uncanny resemblance! If BCJD and CW are the same person, I must say the forensic artist was a really good one...

MOO JMO

The sketch, and don't ask me why, always struck me as that of someone who wore glasses.
And then we have the thin and long nose bridge... and the prominent cleft chin. CW's eyes and mouth... I agree with @Springrain, there's a strong resemblance... Uncanny resemblance! If BCJD and CW are the same person, I must say the forensic artist was a really good one...

MOO JMO
I totally agree with you on the glasses thing.

The thin facial features, distinct chin, eyes, and hairstyle strongly resemble the sketch IMO. It is a very close resemblance. Obviously, we don't have the post-mortem photos or any other sketch to go on - but based on the sketch I see strong similarities between the two.

With the similarities in Charles and Belle Chasse John Doe's sketch, combined with the dental records apparently matching, and Charles' mother having some reason to believe he could be her son...My Opinion Only: I do at this point strongly believe that this John Doe is Charles Wallace.

View attachment 359003View attachment 359002
The similarity is striking and disturbing!
Thanks for the comparison pics. I really do think it has to be him.

Maybe if someone could Photoshop some glasses onto the sketch it could be even more helpful to compare. But either way, the longer I look at Charles' picture, the more I see it. I wish there was a way to confirm. I really do. But I really do think they are one in the same. IMO

Maybe if someone could Photoshop some glasses onto the sketch it could be even more helpful to compare. But either way, the longer I look at Charles' picture, the more I see it. I wish there was a way to confirm. I really do. But I really do think they are one in the same. IMO
I'm not good at it but tried my best...

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 09.50.28.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members