LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sketch, and don't ask me why, always struck me as that of someone who wore glasses.
And then we have the thin and long nose bridge... and the prominent cleft chin. CW's eyes and mouth... I agree with @Springrain, there's a strong resemblance... Uncanny resemblance! If BCJD and CW are the same person, I must say the forensic artist was a really good one...

MOO JMO

The long neck too, it's a very strong resemblance.

Agreed the features all seem to line up, and the image edit with the glasses overtop is even more uncanny. Given that the age range, the dentals, the scar inside the mouth, and the features match, alongside the timing of his disappearance and that the letter "sounds like something Charles would write", I'll eat my hat if this is not the same person.

Other than DNA to confirm, everything else fits. The images are beyond uncanny, especially the cleaned up version of the drawing. I really believe it's him as well, and don't know if it's just me, but the photo of Charles just gives off that pervasive melancholy feel... like he was an incredibly serious guy for his age...it all just seems to fit imo... amazing work everyone ❤️

Agreed the features all seem to line up, and the image edit with the glasses overtop is even more uncanny. Given that the age range, the dentals, the scar inside the mouth, and the features match, alongside the timing of his disappearance and that the letter "sounds like something Charles would write", I'll eat my hat if this is not the same person.
Completely forgot about the scar inside the mouth too. Jeez, how was this not a match back in 75?

Do you all think Charlie from the yearbook photo is the same as the Charlie who won the radio (from the news clipping)?
I'm not sure now... the ears are similar, especially the Helix. The nose, mouth and neck too. The hair not so much, but that's something that changes with age...
Does Charlie Wallace look like a 12-13 teenager in that photo? People looked so much older than they really were back then...

MOO JMO

PatLaurel...that is a good point.
Was dad in the picture? Am I correct that only mom went to ID the body?

I believe it was said here that only his mother went, and I've always found that sad. Imagine going alone to possibly I.D. your missing child. I can't even imagine. The journey there, trying to make the decision, the journey back home alone, and such a high-profile case for its time. Hopefully that's not how it happened but what a strong woman if so.

I believe it was said here that only his mother went, and I've always found that sad. Imagine going alone to possibly I.D. your missing child. I can't even imagine. The journey there, trying to make the decision, the journey back home alone, and such a high-profile case for its time. Hopefully that's not how it happened but what a strong woman if so.
I wondered about the Dad not coming with, especially since it was the father's decision not to let him come home from the facility he was staying in. Maybe there were problems in their relationship and that was partially why his mother didn't identify him...also considered the possibility that his family was religious and that suicide was a major sin...any thoughts?

I wondered about the Dad not coming with, especially since it was the father's decision not to let him come home from the facility he was staying in. Maybe there were problems in their relationship and that was partially why his mother didn't identify him...also considered the possibility that his family was religious and that suicide was a major sin...any thoughts?

It certainly seems that his brother is definitely religious from his fb page.

It seems the more we learn about him and his family/life, etc. that his words take on specific meaning and adds clarification to what he was telling his parents and the world/us. Someone with his intelligence and rawness to his surroundings, I could see how he'd react in a facility not catered to his needs. Feeling isolated and alien in the world, and not making any real connections...I wish he had found those people and connections, he could have thrived and possibly helped future kids who shared his response to the world around them.

But both parents remarried. How was that seen back in the late 70s early 80s?

Maybe their mindsets and beliefs changed over time... especially after the disappearance of their son, but I don't think religion nor social status played a role in this "misidentification". This if CW is in fact BCJD, of course.

MOO JMO

Charlie Wallace isn’t located, either, so I’m not sure a DNA comparison could be made.

And not to be contrarian, but I don’t think they look that much alike (based on sketch/photos - CW looks blondish); CW also parts his hair on the opposite side. I dunno - his mother’s odd reaction to the viewing is interesting, but mostly because it can be interpreted in so many different ways.

Further contrariness; also a native Louisianan, and I don’t see a compelling reason to believe BC deliberately chose a persimmon in Plaquemines Parish; they’re common trees, hence the name. They’re also common over much of the eastern seaboard and southern states. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey