LA LA - Brittney Mills, 29, pregnant, Baton Rouge, 24 April 2015

The guy isn't a suspect or a person of interest. He isn't a father of the infant either. What would be the reason to not pick him and why shoudln't someone pick him?
LSU fan are we jjenny? :)

seriously though...........he was projected to go within the top 15.....that means he stood to make approximately, off the top of my head, close to 20-25 million dollars w/in the next 4-5 years.....do you honestly think that any team wanted to gamble their coveted first round pick and that amount of money on this guy,who at the TIME looked to be highly suspect, when this news broke TWO days before the draft?????

no way......now in hindsight with a few more facts known, it was his very bad and VERY COSTLY luck, he was proven to NOT be the father and the police have stated he is not a suspect or person of interest......now they will sign him......it has cost him dearly......they have gotten a bargain,he could not have waited and entered the draft next year due to NFL rules, it was sign now or never....

that's not their fault.....it's really not his fault either.....it's bad timing to be sure and there may also be a life lesson hidden in there as well.....we will have to wait and see how this pans out and who IS to blame.....the old adage "if you lie down with dogs, you're bound to get fleas" comes to mind.......imo

I don't understand what dogs and fleas have to do with any of it? We don't know who killed his ex-girlfriend. How is he to blame for somebody killing his ex-girlfriend in any way, shape or form? Is the life lesson here to not associate with somebody who might be a victim of crime in some future, even though he had no way of knowing that could happen?

Mom Asks: Who Will Unlock Murdered Daughter's iPhone?

http://news.wgbh.org/2016/03/30/news/mom-asks-who-will-unlock-murdered-daughters-iphone

The question of who shot Brittney Mills is wide open. And the answer could be locked up in an iPhone — her iPhone.

Unlike in the San Bernardino case, this iPhone's owner is the victim, not the perpetrator. But like that case, investigators are not able to enter the phone. It's an iPhone 5s, running on the iOS 8 operating system, so the data inside are encrypted. And no one can get in without the password.

Barbara Mills saw Apple CEO Tim Cook on TV the other day, talking about the rights of consumers. To privacy activists, he's a hero. To her, he's not.

"You still trying to protect consumers, but what about the victims who used your product?" she says. "They were faithful, too. They paid their bills."

According to family members, Brittney Mills kept a diary on her phone, in some app, which could be very useful to investigators. They haven't been able to name a single suspect yet.

When news broke last week that a mysterious "outside party" offered to help with the San Bernardino iPhone, DA Moore got in touch with an FBI agent on that case. "Both of our understanding is that if they're able to get into that phone, that they can probably get into Miss Mills' phone, which hopefully will benefit us one way or the other."

In an email, a law enforcement official tells NPR it's "premature to say," but they are "committed to helping" state and local partners gain lawful access to mobile devices.

Meanwhile Moore says he's been texting with the FBI all week. He's awaiting final confirmation, as well as details such as: If the hack does work, what fee will his office have to pay the feds or the outside party?

May 2017:

Two years later, Brittney Mills murder case still unsolved after DA hired private company to crack iPhone

Barbara Mills scrolls through her iPhone's camera roll and smiles.

"That's one of my favorites," she said, turning the screen to show a picture of her daughter Brittney Mills and granddaughter at the beach, getting their toes wet. Then another of Brittney Mills dressed up to go out with friends. Then her favorite of her daughter, a close-up, with a soft smile on her face.

“Not a day goes by she doesn’t cross my mind," Barbara Mills said.

It's been two years since Brittney Mills was fatally shot as she opened her apartment door one April night for someone police suspect she knew. Doctors performed an emergency delivery on Brittney Mills, who was about nine months pregnant. Her son, Brenton, survived the shooting but died May 1, 2015, a week after his mother.

Their homicides remain unsolved.

April 2018:

Three years later, investigators still search for pregnant mother's killer
Investigators focused on the phone, believing it could hold important clues. Unfortunately, it was password protected. District Attorney Hillar Moore fought with the manufacturer for two years to gain access. He said it was a frustrating delay that ended only when a private company helped get investigators get inside the phone. While Moore can't reveal exactly what they found, he did say the key to solving this case still lies with the public.

"I believe that we need some further information to go forward. I know that somebody has information. I suspect more than one person has information," said Moore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back