LA - China Record, 4, Dies after forced to drink bottle of whiskey; grandmom, mom jailed, 21 Apr'22

April 25 2022
''Ebony is the daughter of Roxanne and the sister of Kadjah. She said China’s death falls on the shoulders of the entire family.

“I should take blame too. I know what type of person my mom is. I know how my mom felt about China,” said Record.

She claimed her mother physically, emotionally, and verbally abused them as kids and did the same to her grandchildren, but she said they never reported it to the police out of fear.

She believes if she would have spoken up sooner that China would still be here.

“We were never going to tell. Now it’s sad that it took a body for people to know what’s going on over here,” said Record. “I’m 30 years old, and it took for my niece to die for me to speak out against my own mother.”

Record said her mother should pay for what police said she did.

“She’s not getting out. She’s going to pay for what she did because you took beyond too far,” said Record.

However, she feels her sister has suffered enough.''

“My sister already gave 28 years and a baby. Why should she have to give the rest of her life,” questioned Record.

Record hopes people will take what happened to their family and speak up when you see abuse before it’s too late.''

Thanks for that article @dotr - so no court dates listed in there I see. Heard anything about when these 2 might be in court?

TIA!
@ Niner Just threw in that older article for that bit of info. from the accused's sister.

ETA..
First Name :KADJAH
Last Name :RECORD
Sex :F
Race :B
Booked :4/22/2022
Release date :
Register to be notified when this offender's custody status changes
Bond Appearance Form:
ChargeLRSFile NumberBond AmountBond DateCourt
FIRST DEGREE MURDER14:3022-00038005.0019TH JDC
First Name :ROXANNE
Last Name :RECORD
Sex :F
Race :B
Booked :4/22/2022
Release date :
Register to be notified when this offender's custody status changes
Bond Appearance Form:
ChargeLRSFile NumberBond AmountBond DateCourt
FIRST DEGREE MURDER14:3022-00038005.0019TH JDC
WARRANT/BENCH WARRANC.CR.P. ART22-00020870.0019TH JDC

Last edited:
This is disgusting and loathsome. A mother and grandmother torture and murder their four-year-old daughter/granddaughter by forcing a lethal amount of alcohol down the child's throat while the child was on her knees. This makes me sick. I hope these two pieces of slime do NOT get away with what is clearly first degree murder.
I don't think there's a chance of that. This, as has already been said, is a slam-dunk 1st Degree.
At least that sweet child will never be hurt again.

I don't think there's a chance of that. This, as has already been said, is a slam-dunk 1st Degree.
At least that sweet child will never be hurt again.

Sure hope you're right, but across the country, I've been amazed by decisions made in prosecutors' offices recently.

Doubt posters here need examples, will provide if desired.

jmho ymmv lrr

I'm pretty sure this is actually not murder as it was intended as a punishment, there was no intent to kill - but a jury would probably be glad to convict grandma of murder anyway, which she probably deserves. From the aunt's statements I doubt Mom is actually guilty of much beyond neglect and she just feels so terrible she's admitting to anything they ask her to admit to. Seems like the entire family was terrified of this crazy abusive grandma. It's a real shame something wasn't done sooner.

I take that back - this is the latest that just came up since my earlier searches.

July 20, 2022
The mother and grandmother of a 4-year-old girl who was forced to drink whiskey until she died of alcohol poisoning have both been charged with first-degree murder, court documents show.
[.....]
In addition to the grand jury's first-degree murder charge, Roxanne Record, 53, also faces a charge of cruelty to juveniles, an indictment filed Wednesday says.

The additional charge stems from a "pattern of abuse towards China" inflicted by Roxanne Record "in the time leading up to her death," East Baton Rouge District Attorney Hillar Moore said Wednesday.
[.....]
The coroner's office said after the incident that China Record perished from acute alcohol poisoning. BRPD spokesman Sgt. L'Jean McKneely said the little girl had a blood-alcohol level of 0.680% when officers arrived at her family's home on Wallis Street — more than eight times the limit at which adult drivers are considered intoxicated.

So looks like Roxanne has additional charges added.

Anyone have access to the East Baton Rouge Parish (19th Judicial District) court sites? Case # is #22-00038005.

Monday, May 15th:
*Motions Hearing for both (@ 9am CT) - LA - China Record (4) is dead (April 21, 2022) after her grandmother allegedly forced her to drink a bottle of whiskey while her mother watched, Windsor Place area of Baton Rouge; died from acute alcohol poisoning - *Roxanne Record (53) (grandmother) arrested & charged (4/22/22) with 1st degree murder & indicted (7/20/22) with cruelty to juvenile. No bond.
*Kadjah Record (29) ("mother") arrested & charged (4/22/22) with 1st degree murder. No bond. East Baton Rouge Parish prison.
On arriving at the home, on Wallis Street & Harco Drive, they were told by China's siblings that the grandmother was angry because the little girl had taken a sip of the Canadian Mist whiskey, left on the counter. As a punishment, the child was told to kneel on the floor & finish off the remaining half of the bottle. Died from acute alcohol poisoning.
4/23/22 Update: The East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner’s Office said an autopsy showed a cause of death was acute alcohol poisoning. The little girl had a blood-alcohol level of .680%, more than eight times the .08% driving limit for an adult to get behind the wheel. Just for perspective, a level of .40 is enough to possibly kill an adult.
7/20/22 Update: In addition to the grand jury's 1st degree murder charge, Roxanne Record also faces a charge of cruelty to juveniles, an indictment filed Wednesday says. The additional charge stems from a "pattern of abuse towards China" inflicted by Roxanne Record "in the time leading up to her death," East Baton Rouge District Attorney Hillar Moore said Wednesday. The coroner's office said after the incident that China Record perished from acute alcohol poisoning. BRPD spokesman Sgt. L'Jean McKneely said the little girl had a blood-alcohol level of 0.680% when officers arrived at her family's home on Wallis Street — more than eight times the limit at which adult drivers are considered intoxicated.
3/21/23 Update: Motions hearing on 5/15/23 @ 9am for both.

And this ALL occured prior to 11am... (including attempting to revive her via a bath PRIOR to police being called) Let that sink in a bit.....

The document further stated the child’s grandmother and mother were angry because she MAY HAVE drunk alcohol from the bottle of whiskey that was on the counter, so the grandmother allegedly forced the toddler to drink the rest of the liquor that was in the bottle, which was possibly more than half full.

So, these two.were so drunk and upset before 10:30am that they *thought* some of their alcohol was unaccounted for so they thought the best course of action was tossing the rest down her throat? Seems by the wording, they werent even sure she HAD drank any on her own.

Perhaps I'm naive, but we're talking about whiskey, not a wine cooler or mixed cocktail that tastes more like a good sweet juice that maybe an unattended 4 year old would willingly drink more of, not knowing it's an alcoholic/adult only beverage; did they really think the throat-burning sensation and awful taste of her first drink wasn't probably lesson enough to choose not to have more?!

I'm not buying the "might have had some whiskey on her own" story. She did some other probably very "minor infraction," like interrupt their early morning boozefest by merely asking for breakfast or something of that nature and they became absolutely irate and punished her. Likely not the first time they went too far with punishments either.

Monsters. She was so adorable. And only 4!

On arriving at the home, on Wallis Street and Harco Drive, they were told by China's siblings that the grandmother was angry because the little girl had taken a sip of the Canadian Mist whiskey, left on the counter.

As a punishment, the child was told to kneel on the floor and finish off the remaining half of the bottle.
Louisiana girl, 4, died 'after granny forced her to drink half a bottle of WHISKEY as mom watched' | Daily Mail Online
Arriving home from where? And who was watching China? The siblings? How old were they?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back