LA LA - Daniel Thomasson, 25, New Orleans, 10 October 1989

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Officer digs into 25-year-old cold case
An NOPD Officer digs for evidence in a cold case

WDSU By Randi Rousseau
UPDATED 4:15 AM CDT Jul 03, 2015

NEW ORLEANS, La. —After more than two decades of sitting cold, NOPD Detective Winston Harbin is digging deeper into a New Orleans East murder case... literally.

"If you lead me to a location where a murder weapon might be, if I have to, I will pick ax and shovel myself looking for it in an effort to find it," said Harbon.

Harbin recently got information that a clue in the murder of Daniel Thomasson could be buried in the concrete on St. Claude Avenue in the Lower Ninth Ward. That's when he began taking a closer look at the investigation and enlisted the help of a local concrete company with new technology to help him find the possible murder weapon.

"They have an X-ray machine that can actually x-ray concrete and locate metal objects within certain distances," said Harbin. While the gun wasn't found, Harbin says he isn't giving up.

On Oct. 1, 1989, Thomasson's body was discovered along an isolated stretch of Almonaster Boulevard.

[...]

The trio went to what was the old Imperial Lounge in Arabi off St. Bernard Highway before driving to New Orleans East.
"They lured the victim into the car with the suggestion of going to an adult club out here in the East and in the process of doing that, while in the vehicle and in route, is when he was shot," said Harbin.

Thomasson was shot three times and his body dumped on the side of the road.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back