LA LA - David Yeager, 17, Shreveport, February 7th 1971

David Yeager is now on the Doe Network: #6066DMLA

David Yeager was last seen on February 7, 1971. David told his brother he was headed to Centenary College for a school event. It was Homecoming weekend and a series of events were bein held throughout the day. David never made it to the school.

He was seen walking toward the college from the 2600 block of Lola Lane. It is believed he may have been hitch hiking.

David was in high school and it's unclear why he was going to Cenenary College that weekend, although it's possible he had friends attending the homecoming event.

David left $200 untouched in his banking account. Foul play is suspected.

SPD is trying to piece together what happened to the Yeager that Saturday afternoon. Centenary College is located eight miles from his childhood home and his family believes he met with someone and got a ride. It is still unclear if David ever made it to the debate.

This Feb. marks 53 years since Yeager disappeared and despite the passage of time, the case has remained active. SPD urges anyone with information about his disappearance to come forward.

“The Shreveport Police Department acknowledges the invaluable support and collaboration of the public in the ongoing investigation of this case,“ said Corporal Christopher Bordelon of the Shreveport Police Department. “Together, we remain committed to seeking answers and bringing resolution to this matter, demonstrating the power of community partnership in the pursuit of justice.”

“We urge the public to pay attention to the clues in this case. We know that even after decades, mysteries like this can be solved. You could be the one person that has that missing puzzle piece,” says Angeline Hartmann, the director of NCMEC.

NCMEC offers the public more insight on the case on its blog, Vanished in Shreveport: David Yeager's Story.

“Every night at 10 p.m. news stations would broadcast ‘It’s 10 p.m. Do you know where your children are?’ I just think back how many times I heard that myself and how many times my aunt must have heard that and her not know where her child was,” said Kelly Chance, Yeager’s cousin.

“And so there might be even the smallest bit of information. We can’t even confirm 53 years later that there was a debate at that local college,” said Chance. “And so I do not know the girlfriend, I do not know who David would have tried to get a ride from”.

“What we really don’t have is contact from witnesses or anyone who may have seen David that day walking from his residence on Lola Lane,” said Turpen.

“The more they thought about it as time went on, they may have never come forward and they may have that information today,” said Alan Nanavaty with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

“If someone knows something, don’t take it to your grave,” said Chance.

Yeager would be 70 years old today.

‘It’s 10 p.m. Do you know where your children are?’
Imagine staying up late to watch TV and suddenly this flashes on the screen. It's the 1970s so you were probably watching reruns of like Happy Days or Little House. Horrifying. Sounds like something from a creepypasta or a paranormal movie but unfortunately is probably something we should bring back.

We have some new interviews that are out. We have learned there is a discrepancy in the date David went missing. The typed police report says 2-7-71 But, David went missing 3-6-71 and was reported 3-7-71. The hand written notes on the police report, his brother and family friend say March is correct. So it was not homecoming weekend. Shreveport police would like to speak to a person that told them in April 1971 that she talked to David Yeager in a park near his High School said he was living in Natchitoches and may be going to Baton Rouge. However, we (his family) do not believe it was our David Yeager born 1953 our David would have came home that evening. If our David was in a park talking to a girl he could have gotten to a pay phone. There was another person named David Yeager born about 1950 that was in the Northwestern university (NSU) year book for 1969 that had dark hair parted on the side. It would not be uncommon for the college student to go to the City an hour away and hang out at a park in 1971. The girl was 16 at the time and her name was Kathy James. Shreveport PD would like to speak to her and we would like to find the David Yeager that was attending NSU or anyone that could shed some insight to what was going on at the college. These are to two most recent interviews and we have another one from channel 12 in the works that David's brother helped with. That is when we discovered that SPD has the wrong Date on the police report. My aunt's hair dressers daughter went to school with David and she has confirmed it was March not Feb. She went to school with David and said "I never forgot the date it was March" Later she became my Aunt and grandmothers hair dresser for many many years. If anyone knows or can find the Kathy James age 16 in 1971, David Yeager that attended NSU in 1969, anyone that went to school with our David or attended or knows anything about the debate at the college Please ask them to call SPD.

Vanished in Shreveport: David Yeager's Story

Last edited:
Updated link..
''Last updated February 28, 2024; details of disappearance updated.''

David Claude Yeager​

• yeager_david.jpg
  • yeager_david2.jpg
  • yeager_david3.jpg
David, circa 1971
  • Missing Since02/07/1971
  • Missing FromShreveport, Louisiana
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexMale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth09/29/1953 (70)
  • Age17 years old
  • Height and Weight5'6 - 5'8, 220 - 240 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionAn off-white shirt and dark-colored pants.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Black hair, brown eyes.

Details of Disappearance​

David was last seen in the 2600 block of Lola Lane in Shreveport, Louisiana on February 7, 1971. He was en route to a school function at Centenary College at the time, and may have decided to hitchhike there, as the college is eight miles from his home. He was a senior at Byrd High School at the time of his disappearance. He apparently never arrived at the college and has never been heard from again.
His family stated he had no reason to leave home, and he left behind his senior class ring and $200 in his bank account, which has been untouched since 1971. His family never believed he left of his own accord. Foul play is suspected in David's case, which remains unsolved.''

Updated: 15 hours ago
1712152869050.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500