LA LA - Destiny Cooper, 43, former teacher, co-founder of Humanities Amped, exp severe post-trauma, Baton Rouge, 3 May 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Community members united Sunday in an effort to search for someone they say has been a beacon of light to the community, and now they want to return favor by being there for her in her time of need.

It’s officially day twelve of the search for Destiny Cooper, a former teacher at McKinley High School.

Friends and family gathered for a canvassing search today in hopes of bringing her home.

More at Community search for missing teacher, Destiny Cooper

Online fliers alerting to her disappearance have circulated around the internet. In a post, it said Cooper is “experiencing severe post-trauma and mental health challenges.”

Her students said she was a safe space when they faced mental health challenges. Now, they want to give her the same support.

“Just as she saved me in those times when I couldn’t save myself, I am willing to do whatever I can to save her,” Gleason said.

Sightings of Cooper have been reported around the downtown Baton Rouge area. Gleason and her friends are doing their best to check out every tip.

More at Former beloved teacher missing, loved ones ask for community’s support

Linkedin

Facebook

197127482_4086735701415804_4877199674493368513_n.jpg

Humanities Amped website

Note: Age obtained from public records.

BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Community members united Sunday in an effort to search for someone they say has been a beacon of light to the community, and now they want to return favor by being there for her in her time of need.

It’s officially day twelve of the search for Destiny Cooper, a former teacher at McKinley High School.

Friends and family gathered for a canvassing search today in hopes of bringing her home.

More at Community search for missing teacher, Destiny Cooper

Online fliers alerting to her disappearance have circulated around the internet. In a post, it said Cooper is “experiencing severe post-trauma and mental health challenges.”

Her students said she was a safe space when they faced mental health challenges. Now, they want to give her the same support.

“Just as she saved me in those times when I couldn’t save myself, I am willing to do whatever I can to save her,” Gleason said.

Sightings of Cooper have been reported around the downtown Baton Rouge area. Gleason and her friends are doing their best to check out every tip.

More at Former beloved teacher missing, loved ones ask for community’s support

Linkedin

Facebook

197127482_4086735701415804_4877199674493368513_n.jpg

Humanities Amped website

Note: Age obtained from public records.
Wow, the photo above looks shockingly different from the still photo included in the video news report that plays at the top of the page with the news story.

The story itself has a comment from one of her former students: “I know she would probably be like, Ashanta this is not your battle to fight, I will fight it for her, I will be there just as she fought every battle for me when I was helpless,” Gleason said. “I couldn’t help myself when I was sixteen, but Ms. Cooper fought every day to keep me safe so I would tell her that I am now being your safety, just as you were mine.”

Cooper was clearly an excellent educator and role model to her students , and it seems that she has children of her own, too—I can’t imagine what terrible thing has caused her to just walk away from her life, but I sincerely hope she’s able to get the help and support she very clearly deserves!

Wow, the photo above looks shockingly different from the still photo included in the video news report that plays at the top of the page with the news story.

The story itself has a comment from one of her former students: “I know she would probably be like, Ashanta this is not your battle to fight, I will fight it for her, I will be there just as she fought every battle for me when I was helpless,” Gleason said. “I couldn’t help myself when I was sixteen, but Ms. Cooper fought every day to keep me safe so I would tell her that I am now being your safety, just as you were mine.”

Cooper was clearly an excellent educator and role model to her students , and it seems that she has children of her own, too—I can’t imagine what terrible thing has caused her to just walk away from her life, but I sincerely hope she’s able to get the help and support she very clearly deserves!
So curious about the context of the photo you mentioned here… very different from the one above

Nothing to add except that this breaks my heart.

If you search her name in posts on FB, you will find a post by SC with LOTS of info. Destiny is in extreme danger.

Well, at least she's not on drugs. It really is a shame there is no real help for mental illness in this country. If a person with a head wound came to a hospital they wouldn't be allowed to leave if they would die. But if its a person with MI, they let the person walk out when we all know that people in crises can't make those kinds of decisions for themselves. She's been on the streets for quite a while. So sad.

Former teacher? What happened? The photo of her laying on the grass is her?
Was she living a transient lifestyle?

I don't believe so. In the post above, it states that she "She suddenly walked out to live on the streets and has no phone, no money, and is not eating" Prior to that, I'm assuming she lived in a house, maybe with her husband.

Also from the post
"The picture below was taken on May 3rd and she did not have any other clothes....Destiny is currently suffering from severe dehydration and malnutrition, as she is experiencing severe post trauma"

I just remembered this case and frantically searched through my old posts hoping to find a resolution. Unfortunately, there is nothing online about Destiny since May 15. Her case had so much momentum, I wonder what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back