GUILTY LA - Dorothy Hey, 60, found buried in locked box, Lake Arthur, 14 Oct 2008

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by AmandaBrown23, Oct 20, 2008.

1. AmandaBrown23

AmandaBrown23 Im just living among all the madness

2. Loading...

3. concernedperson

concernedperson Former Member

I have a sneaking feeling that this murder was about the children inheriting a small amount of money or property and they wanted to hasten it. The lady seemed to be self sufficient/independent. Brat, murderous children. I am glad LE got suspicious of these ingrates and charged them.

4. CaliKid

CaliKid Former Member

Poor woman.

BTW and totally OT, did anyone else have problems reading that news article? It was one of the most poorly written I've ever come across. Someone needs to go back to grammar school.

5. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

I read the article twice and still couldn't really make heads or tails of it. The daughter who called LE is charged with 2nd degree murder but might be charged with obstruction of justice....is it one or the other or both? Did the one daughter commit the murder too and the other people help get rid of the body or are they all involved? The article isn't clear at all. The title leads a person to believe that her "children" murdered her. It doesn't even say what the motive was. I can't believe some of the journalists they hire now days.

6. LinetteH

LinetteH Loving life in Colorado

What a sad, sad story!

Oh and I agree! One of the worst written news articles - ever!!!

7. MagicRose99

MagicRose99 Watch out for my thorns!

I think it's both charges... Obstruction could be added to the other charge.

The other daughter, her husband and the other guy were arrested for "tampering with evidence".

8. BeavisMom62

BeavisMom62 No, Butthead is NOT here!!

Ok, thank you, I thought it was me. I'm still on my first cup of coffee for the day and thought maybe my brain hasn't woken up yet! :confused: But it is a sad, horrible story! Some people.

9. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From September 2009:

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/clev...cle_06083f6f-3360-5511-a44e-9291219045a2.html