LA LA - Dorothy Yates-McCathran, 40, left purse, ID & food cooking, Vivian, 21 Jan 2020

My question is why hasn't her husband spoken out. Her parents were on the news. The only one who is talking is her mother. And why did it take 2 days to report her missing? Something is clearly wrong in this situation
Good questions. Everyone I’ve spoken to about this pretty much wonders the same thing. It definitely makes me think something is very wrong with this situation!

MAR 11, 2020
Police in Louisiana appeal to public in case of missing woman
[...]

McCathran left behind her vehicle, cellphone, and purse, but most importantly, she left behind two children.

Detectives have made several visits to McCathran’s home for any signs that would help solve the mystery of her disappearance. They’ve searched her house and vehicles, interviewed neighbors, and conducted searches over 30 acres using K-9s and a drone.

[...]

Detectives said they are looking for any new information in the case. If you haven’t spoken to detectives and have anything to share call the CPSO Sheriff’s Office at (318) 675-2170 or contact Purgerson at (318) 681-0700.

I hope they’re checking the land around her husbands workplace/route or wooded terrain near places he frequents. Missing posters going missing is certainly a terrible sign,
@Gigi3 was anyone ever able to figure out who’s taking them down? That’s so brazen and horrible

I wonder when her last contact with anyone was (other than the husband).

Sadly, obviously, this doesn't look good. Especially with her car, purse, and phone still at home. Does anyone go anywhere without their phone these days? I guess I occasionally do, but that is only if I am with my wife, or just running a quick errand. And I think I may be more of an exception to the rule than most.

In his defense, I suppose if i came home and my wife was gone, I wouldn't immediately call the police. Some time would pass. Then I would call her family and friends (which he may have done). And fianally, I would call the police.

<modsnip: This comment is not victim friendly>

JMO

I wonder why LE is searching where they are?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder when her last contact with anyone was (other than the husband).

Sadly, obviously, this doesn't look good. Especially with her car, purse, and phone still at home. Does anyone go anywhere without their phone these days? I guess I occasionally do, but that is only if I am with my wife, or just running a quick errand. And I think I may be more of an exception to the rule than most.

In his defense, I suppose if i came home and my wife was gone, I wouldn't immediately call the police. Some time would pass. Then I would call her family and friends (which he may have done). And fianally, I would call the police.

<modsnip: This comment is not victim friendly>

JMO

I wonder why LE is searching where they are?
In a previous post, it’s stated he came home, noticed she was gone & thought maybe she just stayed over at a friends. He waited 2 days before contacting her family. <modsnip: Not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they’re checking the land around her husbands workplace/route or wooded terrain near places he frequents. Missing posters going missing is certainly a terrible sign,
@Gigi3 was anyone ever able to figure out who’s taking them down? That’s so brazen and horrible
Sorry, just now catching up! It’s been crazy here with everything shutting down.
So far, one of her missing posters remain at this particular store, and it just so happens it’s the one in view of a security camera. Very strange to me.
I know that LE are still asking questions, so I am encouraged by this! MOO

They haven't been clear as to where the kids were but at age six and fourteen they could have been at a friend's house. She went missing the day after her daughter's birthday. If she was voluntarily missing I can't imagine she would not have reached out to her children by now. Family of missing Vivian woman speaks out in hopes of bringing her home
The only thing I’ve heard about the kids so far, is they were not home during this time. MOO because I don’t have a link for that info.
Another thing, from that article it says the husband went to town and came back poof she was gone. If he’s referring to going into town as Vivian, it is literally less than 5 mins up the road. I can’t imagine how far she would’ve gone in that time without a vehicle. I have been told there were some friends just up the road that she would sometimes walk to their houses and visit.
So, maybe something happened if she decided to walk to one of the houses? I still can’t imagine her not taking her phone at least? So many questions! MOO

ETA: we live in a very small town, and it really bothers me (and other locals) that we have heard absolutely NOTHING from the husband. Not one peep to the public asking for information or help in finding her. I think that is a huge red flag! MOO

Last edited:
To the person who left info concerning a missing Vivian woman: please contact detectives

MAY 13
Detectives with the Caddo Sheriff’s Office are hoping to connect with a person who recently left information at a business pertaining to a missing Vivian woman.
In April, an individual reportedly left information at a Vivian business pertaining to Yates-McCathran. Detectives are hoping to speak with that individual.
The Caddo Sheriff’s Office did not release details on what information was left at the business.

To the person who left info concerning a missing Vivian woman: please contact detectives

MAY 13
Detectives with the Caddo Sheriff’s Office are hoping to connect with a person who recently left information at a business pertaining to a missing Vivian woman.
In April, an individual reportedly left information at a Vivian business pertaining to Yates-McCathran. Detectives are hoping to speak with that individual.
The Caddo Sheriff’s Office did not release details on what information was left at the business.
Thanks for posting! Some of us are wondering if it’s at the same business in town that the flyers kept going missing from. I’ve got ears out at that place, so I will report back if I hear anything!

I know her personally. Someone is leaving out a lot!

Thank you for posting here TUNICA158.
I often use Siri instead of typing and it is really easy to write your WS name when dictating. All caps!

If I was missing it would be nice to know that I had a friend like you who would speak up if the truth was being hidden or overlooked.

I appreciate that you took the time to sign up and let us know. I hope you will join us again!

This is the first I'm reading of this. I grew up to about an hour to an hour and a half east of there, but haven't lived in the area for years. I'd really like to know if the sheriff found the person who left the info at the local business.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back