LA LA - Eugenie Boisfontaine, 34, Baton Rouge, 13 June 1997 - "Killing Fields"

Discovery is running season 1 most of the day with a new episode and previews of the new season��

Discovery is running season 1 most of the day with a new episode and previews of the new season��
Wish I had Discovery. Bummer!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tonight show was a positive shift towards naming the ex-husband of Eugenie Boisfontaine as her Killer. They have his DNA, he stated in a conference call between his self with his Attorney's and the Detectives.He stated he had No knowledge of her death until The Police released to the Press that they were reopening The Murder case of Eugenie Boisfontaine. Rodie Sanchez said in a statement that he Notified her Husband during process of notification of next of kind. There he lied to the Police, then again tonight his 2nd wife was Pregnant while still married to Eugenie, that would constitute Motive, because if she found out about #2 he would have been in a world of Trouble. The 2ND Wife didn't know about Eugenie. She told Rodie in an interview that had she known about Eugenie, she would have never married him or gotten involved with him. Then you have him driving a Silver Nissan Truck back then.
Neighbors and friends said she was being followed by a Silver Nissan truck, and a friend of his said he would go to Baton Rouge to do some work during the week. So he does have Motive and Opportunity. Sooner or later they will have all the pieces put together to place the Warrant for his arrest.

Haven't seen the new episode yet, from memory there were a few hands in Eugenie's case; I assume they each thought the other had done things that weren't done. I have to give them credit for trying to crack her case every time new DNA technology came around.

I think her ex should be pretty high on their list of suspects.

I caught 40 minutes of last weeks show; can't wait to see the beginning 20 minutes. I was surprised they said all they did in it about the ex-husband. I'm sure he's more nervous now if he saw it. I'm sure someone he knows saw it and told him. He could have gone to answer a few questions but chose to attract attention by hiring attorneys. How stupid can someone be? He knows they have his DNA, I was shocked his attorney that said something didn't ask any questions about it. I do wonder if he filed any paperwork after leaving to some how throw out the DNA sample.

Have to say that the episode made me excited for the new season; too bad I fell asleep before it started last night! Sounds like it was really good with his ex wife being on

Tonight show was a positive shift towards naming the ex-husband of Eugenie Boisfontaine as her Killer. They have his DNA, he stated in a conference call between his self with his Attorney's and the Detectives.He stated he had No knowledge of her death until The Police released to the Press that they were reopening The Murder case of Eugenie Boisfontaine. Rodie Sanchez said in a statement that he Notified her Husband during process of notification of next of kind. There he lied to the Police, then again tonight his 2nd wife was Pregnant while still married to Eugenie, that would constitute Motive, because if she found out about #2 he would have been in a world of Trouble. The 2ND Wife didn't know about Eugenie. She told Rodie in an interview that had she known about Eugenie, she would have never married him or gotten involved with him. Then you have him driving a Silver Nissan Truck back then.
Neighbors and friends said she was being followed by a Silver Nissan truck, and a friend of his said he would go to Baton Rouge to do some work during the week. So he does have Motive and Opportunity. Sooner or later they will have all the pieces put together to place the Warrant for his arrest.

My first time here. I remember being 15/16 when this happened. I also remember being at LSU in my undergrad years when Derrick Todd Lee was committing these crimes.

I always hated how the police were looking for a white man in a white pick up truck, there were so many people who got swabbed.

If I recall, the Iberville parish sheriff's department didn't have the resources for this case.

I also remember taking an intro to Antropology class that was taught by Dr. Manheim, a really smart lady. I think she's retired now.

Anywho I'd say the ex husband is guilty. But I would have heard something from the Baton Rouge advocate or wafb by now if he were arrested.

Season 2; Episode 1 was awesome re-watching now! There are many unsolved cases in BR and surrounding areas .. glad there is light being shed upon them again. At one time (3) serial killers were operating in the BR area ... some bodies were found some were not.

Just watched episode 1 of season 2. It's good.

I know this is the Eugenie Boisfontaine thread, but want to say that the Curtis "Cochise" Smith case looks really sad & scary. Hoping that they can lock this one in and get a conviction.

As for the Boisfontaine investigation... I've said from the beginning that I worried that even if they found her killer... maybe the evidence would either be too circumstantial or there would be places for defense attorneys to poke holes (degraded DNA, etc.) In other words, I think a great defense team might be able to get their guy(s) to walk.

Hoping that they are able to find the right evidence to seal it. Interesting developments on the ex husband. Just hope this doesn't turn into the situations on Cold Justice where the suspect walked and then turned around & sued the investigators & the tv show...

I watched it last night, was hard to hear the ex wife. Seems like they may have cut some out. So she knew about Eugenie being murdered but not that they were married at the time?

Her one neighbor had told them about the truck in season 1, glad to see it came out that he drove one too.

We have to remember that the DNA person said there were multiple profiles on her panties so it's possible he had sex with her but didn't kill her.

My first time here. I remember being 15/16 when this happened. I also remember being at LSU in my undergrad years when Derrick Todd Lee was committing these crimes.

I always hated how the police were looking for a white man in a white pick up truck, there were so many people who got swabbed.

If I recall, the Iberville parish sheriff's department didn't have the resources for this case.

I also remember taking an intro to Antropology class that was taught by Dr. Manheim, a really smart lady. I think she's retired now.

Anywho I'd say the ex husband is guilty. But I would have heard something from the Baton Rouge advocate or wafb by now if he were arrested.

Thanks, was going to find his last name and search google to see.

Just watched episode 1 of season 2. It's good.

I know this is the Eugenie Boisfontaine thread, but want to say that the Curtis "Cochise" Smith case looks really sad & scary. Hoping that they can lock this one in and get a conviction.

As for the Boisfontaine investigation... I've said from the beginning that I worried that even if they found her killer... maybe the evidence would either be too circumstantial or there would be places for defense attorneys to poke holes (degraded DNA, etc.) In other words, I think a great defense team might be able to get their guy(s) to walk.

Hoping that they are able to find the right evidence to seal it. Interesting developments on the ex husband. Just hope this doesn't turn into the situations on Cold Justice where the suspect walked and then turned around & sued the investigators & the tv show...

All they need is the DNA from the UP and Cochise's family which I'm sure they have by now since this happened back in August IIRC. The guy admitted killing him and putting him in a barrel, now they have the remains. Hopefully they lock him away.

I worried about the same thing with the ex turning around, suing everyone. I wonder how far they've gotten in the last 6 months. By now I assume they have the ex's vehicle history, maybe even found the truck.

Thanks for reading my post, I'm sorry you missed the first part, but you can always catch up. As for his Attorney's, WOW! you never see someone who is basically just a witness/suspect come in with 3 Attorney's draped on your arms to give testimony to the Detectives. As for the DNA collection from the door handle on his Hummer, that is all Legal, they could have even waited for him to take out his Trash to the curb and collect his trash bags there and go through the bags. Sometimes one who has killed and has evidence from that Homicide as a keepsake will throw it in the trash knowing that the Investigators are on his back and neck he or she will get rid of it fast and alot of times they act on hast without thinking. This is where the Weazel gets popped. Now all they need to do is find that Silver Nissan Truck he drove back then. That can be found through records of the DMV or there's other ways Investigators can go to find it. Once they do find, have it covered and loaded onto a flatbed tow truck back to the CSI garage and go through it with a fine tooth comb. The neighbors and friends said she was being followed by a Silver Nissan Truck. He had Motive, he had Opportunity and the Means to commit the crime.

Roselvr,
His 2nd wife had No clue about Eugenie death, she didn't even know about her, until all this surfaced. She was pregnant with his child while him and Eugenie were still married. It was a little later that they separated and then divorced because #2 was pregnant, he was still seeing Eugenie after they divorced because she was still very much in Love with him and she didn't want to let him go. A friend of his said he was making trips up to Baton Rouge where she lived and the neighbors spotted out his Silver Nissan Truck at Eugenie's house and then later following her. This is what I think happened- ( After they divorced He and Eugenie were still seeing each other, but the Wife #2 who was Pregnant or just gave birth had No Clue what he was doing. All she knew he was going to work sometimes up in Baton Rouge because that is where his work carried him. So things got a little bit more than than what Eugenie wanted out of him. Either she broke it off or he did, I'm thinking that she broke it off because he pursued her later by following her. I think she found out about #2 so she threatened him by going to Wife #2 and telling her about everything that went on between him and Eugenie. So with that he knew that would destroy him and his Happy little home life he had elsewhere. So he knew that he would have to kill her to keep her Silence. As for the multiple DNA profiles they found in her panties, she could have had sex with difference men, but yet that DNA profile of that person will still remain behind. The only one they need to pull out and separate from the others is that One that Matched the door Handle on that Hummer that belonged to her Ex husband.
Now when they find his old Silver Nissan Truck and can find some Good grade DNA inside his old truck that belongs to him and then somewhere's inside or outside of the they can find any good or small DNA amount that would belong to Eugenie and even find some Blood dropping 's that would belong to Eugenie, that would be all they need to Nicely wrap this up present to the DA. for an Arrest Warrant for the purpose of 1st. Degree Murder, and possibly a couple of other Charges to accommodate the 1st one. So Roselvr there you have it. Thats my theory as to possibly how it played out.
Thanks for reading my post and have a great day. ​Padron 18

Rodie is going live on Facebook this evening at 6 pm. He has a new page "The Man Behind the Badge, Rodie Sanchez". Should be interesting.

Rodie is going live on Facebook this evening at 6 pm. He has a new page "The Man Behind the Badge, Rodie Sanchez". Should be interesting.
6 pm what time zone?
Edited by me... just saw Central time :)

Shame the hair they had was Eugenie's. Was hoping it belonged to her ex.

Wonder if Tommy will go to jail for the 2 murders

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011