LA LA - Girl, 8, & siblings, 14 & 15, tried to save her, New Orleans, 23 Apr 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
The search continues for three children last seen entering the Mississippi River in New Orleans on Saturday evening, the Coast Guard says.

A 15-year-old boy, a 14-year-old girl and an 8-year-old girl were seen entering the water near the Crescent City Connection Bridge just before sunset.

Angela Chalk, a friend speaking on behalf of the family, which does not want to release any names to the media while the search is ongoing, said the three children and the boy's 6-year-old brother were at the river near Lamarque Street when the 8-year-old girl entered the water and was carried away by the current.

62656388d54f2.image.jpg

More at Coast Guard searching for 3 missing children in Mississippi River in New Orleans

I can't imagine what the family is going through. This is absolutely awful.

Multiple rescue agencies are searching for the minors, including members of the Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crew, two Coast Guard maritime safety and security team, the Coast Guard Cutter Sawfish crew and the New Orleans Police and Fire Departments.

As of 4 p.m. Sunday, the Coast Guard has not said whether or not their search has become a recovery effort.

Search continues in Mississippi River for 3 missing minors

This poor family! Is this all of their children?
I would LOSE my mind if I lost all of my kids. I would likely not want to go on living. An acquaintance of mine lost her only kids in a house fire that also took the lives of her parents and niece and nephew. So terribly awful! She was in the midst of a divorce so more kids was out. Not sure how she survived honestly.

Last edited:
Family members said one of the three, 14-year-old Brandy Wilson, slipped on a piling at the water’s edge near Lamarque Street at about 5 p.m. Saturday and entered the water. Her 8-year-old sister, Ally Berry Wilson, and Wilson’s 15-year-old boyfriend went over to help her but they fell in as well.

Berry said Saturday was the first time his girls were allowed to venture away from home on their own. They had been allowed to go out with the older, now missing boy and other children because their mother, who suffers from a heart condition, had to go to the hospital, said Berry’s sister, Nedra Berry.

'My babies are in there’: Search continues after 3 children fell into Mississippi River Saturday

Family members said one of the three, 14-year-old Brandy Wilson, slipped on a piling at the water’s edge near Lamarque Street at about 5 p.m. Saturday and entered the water. Her 8-year-old sister, Ally Berry Wilson, and Wilson’s 15-year-old boyfriend went over to help her but they fell in as well.

Berry said Saturday was the first time his girls were allowed to venture away from home on their own. They had been allowed to go out with the older, now missing boy and other children because their mother, who suffers from a heart condition, had to go to the hospital, said Berry’s sister, Nedra Berry.

'My babies are in there’: Search continues after 3 children fell into Mississippi River Saturday
More from your link.

Gathered on the levee near the spot where the children went in, relatives of Brandy and Ally answered the questions of investigators and hoped for a miracle.

"My babies are in there," the girls’ father, Allen Berry, said, gesturing out toward the river as tears ran down his cheeks.
"I'm at a loss for words," she said. "That's the most painful thing I ever heard was a man cry out for his kids.”
A friend speaking on behalf of the missing boy's family said earlier Sunday that the boy's 6-year-old brother had been with them and went to get help after the three children entered the water. The boy returned with their mother, who had some swimming training in the military and entered the water but had to turn back due to the rocks and debris in the river.

The following day, the family of the missing girls clung onto items recovered at the scene, Kevin’s socks and Allie’s shoe.

“My 14-year-old went under first, and then her friend tried to save her,” explained Octavia Wilson, the mother of the missing girls, through tears. “My 8-year-old tried to help her sister and went under. I need them. I need them.”

Family members say the girls and friend were supposed to be at nearby McDonough Park, which is close to where the girls live, but they went to the river without permission.

More at Search for missing kids in MS River picks back up Monday morning | WGNO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back